You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Our Little Boy Came Back To See Us

Real Ghost Stories

Our Little Boy Came Back To See Us

 

My wife lost our first baby at 36weeks. There we were all excited, the big day was arriving soon and we couldn't wait. I had a phone call at work, 'come home quickly, I'm in pain and I'm losing blood'. To cut a long story short like many women, my wife lost the baby, the placenta just came away and she still had to give birth to the baby. My wife was fantastic.

Anyway 'we' had a little boy and the date was Nov 4th. He was beautiful and all we could do was give a proper burial. Moving on, 2 months later she was pregnant again and we had a boy on Oct 24th the following year. Time moved on and the following year on Oct 24th we had a little birthday party for our new son. We spoiled him rotten and he had lots of presents. One of those presents was a little plastic car that he could sit on. It had little flashing light that made music and all the gizmos and he could sit on this and play. So that was great.

Then a few weeks later on the second anniversary of our first son's passing - Nov 4th I was woken up 'early' at about 6ish in the morning. I heard a sound downstairs. Was I dreaming? I went downstairs to find the toy (that my son had for his birthday) had its lights flashing and the music playing. I couldn't believe what I seeing. Then it stopped.

I went upstairs and woke up my wife. She thought I had been dreaming and told me to go back to sleep. I told her to come downstairs. We went downstairs and I told her which one of the toys was making the noise. Just as I did, it started again in front of us. As soon as I pointed the toy out it started. The music was playing and the lights were flashing. I went cold. I could not believe what I seeing and I was delighted that he was coming back to see us on his birthday. It gave us a lot of comfort.

I am writing this now because my smoke alarms are going off now every now and again (no smoke). It's not Nov 4th - its was the 9th, and here's the thing they even went off when I took the battery was out!

So it's been horrendous to lose a child but it has been lovely to get a few messages.

Here's to hope, happiness, harmony and health.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jon94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

forestboy123 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
i feel your pain ilost my father when was seven but I to get messages from him telling us every year telling me to behave do good in school and tell mom he loves her. 😁
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-16)
I feel for you and for your wife. I lost a daughter too and I know how it feels. Sorry for your lost. I would like to share some of my personal experiences to you. It is in my profile. Please feel free to read. My son and I have experienced a lot with my daughter who passed away. May your little one's soul rest in peace.

Jon94 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
Thank you for all your comments. It has been very hard to cope with but as I said, really comforting to receive some messages from him. The other thing that I forgot to mention was that some time afterwards my wife went to see a spiritualist and the boy was mentioned in that he was with my Grandmother. So that really was our counseling. He was still alive! I don't know how but he is and it gives me great comfort.
Although I must say I was spooked by the smoke alarm going off without a battery!

Take care all and keep on smiling!
Lolababy1207 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
this story is very touching my aunts water broke on october 31st of this year and she gave birth at onli 5 months... Baby elijah was almost fully developed except for missing his lungs... He died on november 1st... I hope you and your family have a blessed life thank you for sharing this story ❤
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-15)
That has to be one of the biggest fears, incarnate, of pregnant women everywhere! I feel for the two of you, and hope you will continue to gets signs of love from beyond! ❤
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
That was a wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing it was really touching.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
Dear Jon94, Lovely, story. I turly, thank you for sharing, such a deep emotional account of you and your wifes', personal experience, with your first child.
You are all blessed, and I wish you all many more happy events.
😊 ❤
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
I am happy that you were visited by your little baby. Take it as a sign that he is fine, happy, and at peace and that he just wanted to spend some time with his Mommy and Daddy. Vulcan, you say "assuming" like a father wouldn't feel or know when his own child is around. If a family member feels the presence of a lost family member I think it would be natural for a completely unrelated third party to take their word for it. I don't think it's "natural" as in "It's natural to grieve, but you're wrong", I think it's natural as in the natural bond between parent in child is recognizable even when they exist on different planes.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Wow.
I say that because I have a smoke detector that does the same thing, and I was just sharing that with someone today. Interesting. Our battery is out, too.
Hmmm. Thank you for sharing this with us.
cassyt89 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
This bought a tear to my eye. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, can't even imagine how it must feel. It does sound like your eldest boy came to visit you xx
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
That is a great story. Maybe the little one wants some attention from his mummy and daddy on his special day. It is his way to let you know he still wants to be loved as a part of the family. He is always your son and the bond will always be there.
AliceLeftWonderland (2 stories) (31 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
Pregnancy is forty weeks, Vulcan.

I'm so sorry, by the way, Jon94 for your loss and your wife's loss.
I'm pregnant myself, so this story made tears come to my eyes.
It's lovely you've had signs from him though.

All the best.

-Alice xox
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
hmmm...your assuming it was him. But that's only natural. When you say that your wife lost your child at 36 weeks, that's 9 months even isn't it? So, she lost him on the due date? I never went through something like that, but people who talk about it on tv usually have gone through some type of counseling. Have both of you done that?
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-12)
What a sweet story!
Im sure, as his parents, its comforting to know he's okay. As I'm sure he's comforted by the fact that you and mom are okay as well.
This story made my day.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: