You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: White Smoke

Real Ghost Stories

White Smoke

 

I have lived in my house for 7 years now (it is a very old house) and have always had a "weird" feeling that I wasn't alone. There have been several instances that I have heard noises, that I can only compare to a baking sheet being hit, or a bag of chips falling. Most were investigated by me, to find nothing amiss. But some have not, due to me being to afraid.

I have 5 year old twins whose bedrooms are upstairs. They will not sleep a full night up there. Every night they join me in bed (downstairs), between midnight and 3 am. I have on several occasions sent them upstairs for various reasons and caught my daughter standing on the bottom of the steps, talking to "a ghost" at the top of the steps. She never seems overly scared of it, but she certainly notices it.

Also, when they were smaller I would watch them see something, that I would describe as floating, as their eyes followed it. I have never seen anything. Thus far its been sounds and my children reacting to what they call ghosts.

White Smoke

Now, my mom passed away in Feb of this year, and told me that I would know she was here because she would knock a picture off the wall. That has never happened. But my phone has mysteriously turned on, no incoming calls or messages to cause it. Also, my smoke detector will go off at random times for no apparent reason.

Tonight I was taking pictures of my son. There are a few pics with a mysterious white smokey type of thing in the pictures. After I noticed it I took 16 more pics, none with the same smokey thing. I am hesitant to send the photos with him bare chested as there are too many perverts out there. I would like to send them all so they can be scrutinized, to verify I'm not a loon.

Anyway, that's my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dene72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Note to self: granny is quicker. Lol
Argh! 50505050505050505050
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
KCAPI, as someone who has looked at your site... You might want to go back and work on it before plastering it all over the place. It says nothing of credentials, experience (s) or anything of value on why anyone should turn to you for help. Not trying to be mean or anything like that, but the site leaves a lot to be desired.
Taking that into consideration, along with this site's posting guidelines - then, yes you fall into the spamming definition. What I would suggest is actually formulating a comment pertaining to the situation posted (thus giving us some insight to your knowledge and how you might help) and extending the person an invitation to contact you at the website on your profile. It's a win-win for all. You gain allies and possibly clients, and no spamming involved. Also, you might try some of the newer stories (this one is 4 years old), because the newer the telling is, most likely greater the need for help.
I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is intended. ๐Ÿ˜Š
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
QUEEN Granny rules. Did we scare them off? Or will they be back?

What are the odds?

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Another one bites the dust... Another one bites the dust... And another one's gone, and another one's gone!...Another one bites the dust!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Then fill out your profile IN FULL... Include a link to your web site and then offer your opinion on the EXPERIENCES people have shared with us here on YGS.

A cut and paste web site is... Well quite frankly not advise and NO ONE can benefit from any knowledge you may have to share... Because you have not shared ANY.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
KCAPI: This is not the forum to advertise your group, as I've already explained. Once again: please read the Comments Guidelines by following the link at the bottom of the page. I've been more than patient. Please respect that.
KCAPI (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
I copy and paste our site instead of typing it all out. It's not rude but, short, sweet, and to the point. People are struggling, and we offer one on one help offering our services free of charge. I don't appreciate the assumption.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Well it looks as if I am the victim of the two minute rule... And none of my recent posts make sense.

Are you wearing your Silver tipped typing gloves Granny?

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Ah...posting a link to YOUR SITE with no comments to the actual experience is not only wrong, it's down right rude and many would consider it spam... Mostly because it's a cut and paste ADVERTISEMENT for your web site.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Rook: *blows the smoke from her trigger finger* ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Crap...fifty fifty fifty
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Wow the Mods is quick around these here parts. Go team YGS.

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Time to ban a spam...lol. Granny... Please get rid go them. I bet they even CHARGE for their services.

Respectfully,

Rook
sameeca (4 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-18)
The pjs? I think he has both legs in only one pant leg, and the "tail" is actually the other pant leg. Lucky blaggard, wish I could fit both legs into one of my trouser legs!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
Haahaha yeh that would make sense thanks for clearing that up for me Shini lol ๐Ÿ˜Š
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
Darkness- I think the extra length of the pj's was a tail. That's the only thing I came up with, cause I was pretty confused by it, too.

Some pj's have tails, footies, and whatnot, so that's just my take on it. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
This may sound weird but when I was studying this pic can someone explain to me what is going on with the legs of his pj's haha it doesn't make sense? Or is it just me? ๐Ÿ˜•

Dan
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
ah I see the J you talk of whitebuffalow, and I did see the streak of light behind the child. I just thought it looked more of a reflection of some sort. Though looking again I can't see what could cause it. It just looked to 'straight and thick' to me, to be something paranormal related, the light behind him that is...
Having not seen any similar type light/orb over the years of taking millions of paranormal seaking photo's, I would go with what you said, that it could well be a hair, if I had to make a decision myself.
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
My last home was also over 100 years old and my 4 kids (including twins) also described a white mist etc and a small boy. This child would appear to both the kids and my husband and I when you were least expecting it. Like it was some kind of game. It took me a long time to find out that this child hadnt died in the house, but the house did belong to his Grandparents. He didn't mean any harm and I am sure who ever your kids see doesn't either. My kids felt sorry for him saying he was lonely. Arent twins a joy!
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
I do see the orb around his bangs... And a streak of light behind him. Anyway, children can see things we can't. I know I did as a child. And old homes have so much history. My home is over 100 years old. I love it and haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary-except it shakes when the train passes by... Or is it really the train?๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Anyway I would find out the history just out of curiosity. Thanks for the story.
butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
i have been sat here way to long resulting in my eyes hurting bad, but I can't see a fade as such that you describe, I can only seem to see what reminds me of possibly some sort of faint orb above the child's left eye.

Nice story, was a nice read.

โค
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
I am interested. Your children really call what they "see" Ghosts? And they are still five?
If you look at the "fade", it actually curves up and around his face, in a "J", or a Staff. I really hate to say it, but it resembles a hair once blown up and looked at closely.
However, that does NOT mean that is what it IS. It distorts quite a bit as it gets larger.
I need to say something. It is thought that SOME visitors can not manipulate the physical for whatever reason. As it is OBVIOUS that your Mother is surrounding your family with love still, have you ever thought of taking PICTURES if the pictures on the wall?
You may never have physical evidence of her presence. Listen to your heart. You know the answer. Feelings are just as important as visual.
Thank you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
Hi dene72, as Darkness pointed out Children are more likely to see spirits because their minds are more open and accepting then most adults are. I also don't think these spirits are out to harm you or the children. They probably are looking to communicate and most likely have been there for a very long time. I do see the white streak in the photo and think it could be just lens flare, but I have no doubt that your mom is around looking after you and her grandchildren. Thanks for sharing your story and the photo with us. Take Care ๐Ÿ˜Š
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
Considering the focal length of the lens and the distance of your son, the 'white smoke' may be nothing more than some stray fluff that got caught on the lenses. You can get the same effect by having some string in front of your eye, whilst focusing on an object further away.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
I don't see anything in that pic, although it is rather small. Maybe it is your mom saying hi before she goes on. Its comforting to think anyway.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
dene72: Children are very open to experiencing these things, its an ability the majority of us tend to lose as we grow older. These spirits do not seem malevolent at all and you should not show them any fear (easier said then done I know!)

Is it possible to find out history on your home and land? This could shed some light on these experiences. The feelings and sounds you yourself hear are quite common traits to let you know that they are there looking to get your attention and to be acknowledged. All the best to you and keep us posted.๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: