You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Figure Standing At My Door In The Middle Of The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Black Figure Standing At My Door In The Middle Of The Night

 

I'm new to this so just bear with me.

Firstly there are 5 kids and 1 parent in our family, there's my sister, older brother, me, my twin brothers and mum. This experience happened to me when I was nine.

I was sleeping in my room when I woke up hearing footsteps and other noises in the hallway. My eyes were adjusting to the darkness, light was coming through my window so it was easier to see in the dark. When I remembered hearing the noises I looked over at my door into the hallway and I saw a black figure walking past to my twin brothers room, (their room is next to mine). I got up out of bed and walked over to my door. Thinking it was my older brother I said "David, why are you going to their room"? I didn't get a reply. I looked at the direction where he was heading and no-one was there. I thought that he went into their room to get a video game but when I went to look in there no-one was there.

I walked back to bed, thinking I was just seeing things, since I just woke up. When I got into bed and pulled the blanket away from my face I saw a black figure of a man standing at my door, I rubbed my eyes and it was gone. I didn't think much of it and went back to bed; I don't think he meant any harm.

Thank you for reading, can someone please tell me what it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scary_ghosts, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ribbon_xo (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Wow, the same thing keeps happening to me! A really tall, tall dark figure stares at me when I'm trying to go to sleep... It only seems to come out at night yet two days ago I was with my friend and we were watching movies (about 12PM noon) and she yelled at me and pointed to the tall figure that was standing behind me, when I looked around it disappeared (kind of burst into the air)...and just last night it stood upon the bed and crouched down and stared at my face really close, I could feel the breathing and the weight of it on the bed.! I hope that it never comes back to you because it can get quite annoying! I've never tried speaking to it or encouraging attention because it hasn't done anything harmful, and I'm worried that if I do, it will! I'm not afraid of it which is strange because usually evil spirits/demons hurt you or play mind tricks and feed off your fear... Anyway goodluck!:)
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
It maybe just a spirit. And did anyone else saw this black figure exept you?
scary_ghosts (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
[at] Albany211... Yeah, I agree with you, thank you for the help xx 😊
Albany211 (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
It will just be a spirit, you can never tell with the paranormal I only know that it wasn't a poltogyste (evil ghost) because if it was it wouldve harmmed you. Xxx
scary_ghosts (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-14)
thank you for all the help guys... It makes a lot of sense to me 😊 thx for reading:)
LittleZebra (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
He sounds like a benevolent Jinn/shadow person/Demon/Watcher.

He was just watching the house that everyone was safely asleep.

They can look a tad scary, esp. When we see them for the first time, but most of them are OK. After all, there's Mom, Dad, our brothers and sisters... But who's this _other man_ who's walking around the house?
snowwhite (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
I would say that it was a phantom. Maybe someone you knew, but they were bad or died a suiside. Or he lived in the house before you did and died a suiside. Have a priest come to your house and bless it. Or just sprinkle some holy water in the house, and don't be afraid to go in the dark space!
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
It is very normal to see these. I have seen them quite a few times up close.
scary_ghosts (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
[at] JimD... Thank you for the help, yeah everything has been fine, it didn't frighten me or anything I'm just concerned. Xx thx
JimD (431 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
Hi;

Well, shadows such as these normally indicate demons. If troubled again, I'd use Catholic Holy water and the names of Jesus and Mary to defend yourself. But, all seems fine, so I'm glad. Best. Dukes2353atAol.com.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
I didn't mean that, that is what they actually are, I was using it in reference to how little which actually know about them, other than the fact that they are an enigma. If I actually believed the speck of dust thing I might as well be a scientologist.
scary_ghosts (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
[at] DARKNESS... You have a vast range of stories, I've read a few of them, they are great, good luck with everything 😁
scary_ghosts (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
[at] DARKNESS... I have had a few I was going to post but for some reason it said that I couldn't because they needed to publish other peoples experiences 😕
Ohh and yeah my brothers, mother and sister
All have I'll share them with you all when I am able too
Thx xx
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-10)
scary_ghosts: Could just be a wandering spirit, is this the only experience you have had? Has any in your family ever witnessed anything strange at all? Sounds like a typical shadow person nothing to be afraid of.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
scary_ghosts (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
[at] vulcan10... Oh really? Interesting... 😕 I appreciate the help thank you xx
scary_ghosts (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
[at] jzinck... Haha really? Its very strange, yeah its hard to forget I was young and its strange waking yp in the middle of the night to find someone looking at you lol, thx for the help 😜
scary_ghosts (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
[at] moongrim... Thank you for the help, ill try and look more into it 😁
scary_ghosts (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
[at] anne_k92... My house is quiet old, my mum told me it was made in the 40's or something like that, thank you for the help xx
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
It sounds a lot like Shadow People. It is unknown what exactly such phenomena exactly is.

But I'd willing to bet an entire paycheque, that they're NOT 'a speck of dust from an unseen star in a galaxy yet to be discovered'.

Http://www.shadowpeople.org/
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
shadow peeps. They're an enigma. Heard about them forever and know some people who have experiences with them, but what's actual fact about them is a speck of dust from an unseen star in a galaxy yet to be discovered.
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
I wrote almost the exact same story a few months ago. Happened when I was about that age... You never forget it huh?
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-09)
perhaps its someone you know, and maybe it don't mean any harm to you, but for safety it's better for you to have a priest for some house blessings. Is your house new by the way?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: