You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something Creepy About This Land

Real Ghost Stories

Something Creepy About This Land

 

When I was younger, my mom and I lived in a trailer in a wooded area on the edge of town. Since we had moved in I had always felt an uncomfortable feeling. It wasn't just our home that I felt uncomfortable in, but the woods and the whole neighborhood. It seemed as though the entire area had a strange feeling about it. I remember feeling at night and when I was playing in the woods that someone was watching me.

There was a particular door in my mom's room that led outside. It was about 4 feet off the ground (I'm not really sure why it was there) no door knob, dead bolted and sealed shut. One day my mom and I were taking a nap and when we awoke the door was wide open. We were really freaked out about this, there was just no possible way for the door to open. We ended up brushing it off our shoulders as just a spooky happening. I remember my mom and I casually talking to our neighbors up the street, they said that since they had moved in, their dog had been chasing invisible things and staring and barking at nothing in their house.

A few years after we moved, my mom finally told me something our landlord had told her that gave me chills. Supposedly our landlord was working late one night in his yard, it was around 12 at night when he heard what he described as a loud 'screeching' noise. He said the noise was gut wrenching. He looked up and saw a human sized 'white blur' floating across the road. It kept on screeching until it made its way into our yard then disappeared. He told my mom the following day, obviously frightened by the event, wondering if she had experienced anything that night or heard anything. My mom didn't want to tell me at the time because she didn't want me to be scared living there.

Flash forward to a couple of years ago: My dad went for a hike in the area. I never told my dad about what had happened, because he doesn't really believe in those kinds of things. After he returned from his hike he told me being in that area made him feel extremely uncomfortable. He kept describing feeling creeped out by the woods and uneasy. I couldn't believe that him, out of ALL people actually felt the exact same thing I did being in the area. My dad is huge on hiking and I have never once heard him tell me he felt "creeped out" on a hike.

Recently upon looking for information on the area which is called "Dishman Hills Natural Area", I found that there has been several bodies found there. Most of them transients who have died of unknown causes after staying in the woods. I just found a recent one, where the killer actually dumped the body there. Another recent one is a hiker fell to his death off a cliff. All of these deaths have happened after we had moved. This is a fairly small state park as opposed to the other state parks in the area, and I find it strange that so many have died in this small area. I have been trying to find the history of the actual land, but since I no longer live in that state its been hard. I am SO curious as to what could be causing this! From the way that I felt and what our landlord said I believe that this isn't human, but demonic. I'm not sure but maybe something happened on the land that caused a lot of suffering and out of that came a demon? I would like to hear other opinions on this! Has anyone here ever dealt with anything similar? What could be causing this? And do you think it is human or demonic? Please tell me your opinions. Thanks!

Other hauntings by Mace

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Alastair (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Hi there, this has been on my mind for many years now. I'm from England and was sent on a work course to Spokane Valley for a week in June 2010. I had finished my course and had some spare time before I flew onwards to Denver, it was a hot day and I decided to take a walk towards the woody hills that I could see from my hotel. I crossed a busy road and found a path, which I followed upwards through the woods until I came across a water tower high up. I've never forgotten the feeling of somehow being drawn to the edge of the ledge and looking over the edge. It was indeed a very strange, unusual, creepy place. I felt drawn to those hills that day for some reason and several years later found out that a man had fallen in the area killing himself geocaching. I can confirm that a strange vibe was felt up there that afternoon. I peered over the edge and almost felt an urge to jump. I've wondered if he died in the same area having felt that same urge to wander closer to that steep ledge high up by that water cooler. An interesting area to walk in - I wouldn't have bothered if Id known about the black bears and snakes!
Seek (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-15)
Cool story. I'm new to this site and can't wait to share my experiences with you all. I live a block away from dishman hills, and have always lived within a mile from there. My family and I have hiked a lot up there, mainly because its close to home. Headlights in the dark, but no road. Strange noises on an overnight. I will write about these and a few more strange things I've seen in my life. Thanks for reading and again, cool story.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-23)
Wow, that's crazy! Definitely does sound haunted to me after the experiences people have had there and the deaths. Had you looked up the local library when you lived there? Maybe they'd have some relevant stuff to share about it. Old land records or whatever. Abandoned asylums are so creepy -.-
Mace (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Mrcameron2: Wow! That is so crazy! Sorry I did not reply sooner. I really do believe that area is purely evil. I agree, possibly the old sanitarium. My friend lived on the other side of Dishman Hill's and behind her house was some of the natural area. Once again, a very strange eerie feeling. I wish I could find some more information on the area. Besides the old sanitarium I wonder if anything else happened in the area. Possibly some Native American history? Maybe it was some scared land that became tainted when settlers came? Not sure. Very curious to find out one day. Thanks for your reply though. Glad to hear you survived. I think I will be steering clear of this area for the rest of my life.
mrcameron2 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
I am living proof that something is in those woods. I was camping one morning with a couple friends. I was bored and was looking for something to do. A sheer cliff stood right in front of me and something in me was telling me to climb it. I was scared of this ominous looking rock in front of me. But I couldn't stop walking towards it. Then I began to climb. I had no climbing experience. Nor have I ever wanted to climb. 20ft up, I tried to get down but there was no foothold. I didn't know how I got up there. I then realized I had to climb to the top to get back down. 80ft up or so with maybe 20 left, something pushed me off. I fell feet first. Shattered my lower back, ankle and collapsed a lung. That was in '87. It was on the news in case there are non believers in my story. Something is in those hills. Could it be from the old sanitarium that sat vacant for so many years at the edge of the hills? It is now a retirement home but when it was an abandoned asylum, it was creepy. That cliff also took the life of a man just a couple of years ago.
Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Hello Mace,

This place is about 35 miles from where I live in Idaho. The small door you were talking about I think that was meant to be a fire exit door.
So how many miles do you live from this place now?

Anyway that place does sound haunted to me too.

Take care,

Walter:-)

================
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
I will do that. I have a few ghost hunting tools with me 😁. I will post on here much later and let you know about it. ❤ ❤
Mace (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
Hmm... Well I would say the whole natural area has that feeling about it. My dad told me a particular spot that he thought was creepy was this big water tower on top of one of the hills. You should def check it out and tell me if you experience anything! I am curious as to if anyone else feels the negative energy!
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
oh I know where that is! I'm definitely going to go there after Spring rolls around. Any particular area that is spookier than others, such as where the trailers are... Or is it all kind of strange?
Mace (3 stories) (15 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
scrapmetalkitten-
Yes, actually its in the Spokane valley. Over in the dishman hills.

DCinAZ-
The neighborhood wasn't heavily populated, more like trailers/mobile homes. After looking up info the the area, the reason why it wasn't developed more was because the land was made into a natural area/state park. We lived up in the hills (Dishman hills) after you came off the hills it was mostly small farms, etc. And yes, now that I think about it, the area always had a gloom about it at all times.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
Hi Mace, and welcome to ygs. This story has made me curious about the area even though I've never lived there. But for some reason I just find it fascinating. Was the neighborhood heavily populated? Or was it more like there were a lot of houses but mostly vacant? On sunny days did it feel 'not as sunny' as it should have? More of a heavier, darker feel maybe? Or was it more of a 'normal' setting with just a creepy feeling in the background? Sorry for all the questions but it does sound like such an anomally that it leaves me wondering, much like you, what could cause this. Thanks for sharing your story, I hope we hear more.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
I haven't looked up the park you are talking about... But I live not too far away from Washington. I was wondering if it was anywhere near Spokane, Washington because the name Dishman is used quite a bit there. If it is I might check it out 😁. I have heard quite a few stories about places in Spokane being haunted.
Mace (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
I think something must have happened in that area a long time ago. Maybe before any houses were built.

The only reason I mentioned the recent deaths is because I found it odd that there are so many in such a small area. I'm not saying these recent deaths caused the haunting, but rather the result of the negative energy.
Not sure if that makes sense? Haha.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
The problem there Bears, is that all of these reported deaths have occurred AFTER Mace had stopped living there. So how on earth could the 'negative energy' have caused a demonic manifestation before hand?

The only thing I've found concerning Dishman Hills:
Http://www.libertylake463.org/463/Lists/Calendar/Attachments/24/haunted-hike-2009.pdf

According to the following site; Seattle and Spokane are the two most haunted cities in Washington.
Http://www.hauntedhouses.com/states/wa/
BearsEatBeets (5 stories) (17 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-15)
Maybe it is a manifestation of all the negative energy that has taken place in that area with all the deaths, murder, etc. These people were transient and may have been struggling with a lot of things (addictions, anger, loss, loneliness, depression). I believe that demons come in form of negative energy and can attach themselves to people and produce these feelings.

So that is my theory. It is a demonic manifestation of all the negative, evil energy in that area.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: