You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Thanksgiving Night Light

Real Ghost Stories

Thanksgiving Night Light

 

This past Thanksgiving, I went with my family to stay over at my aunt and uncle's home in Connecticut (we live in Massachusetts). I stayed in my uncle's study, where I slept on the floor in a sleeping bag. My uncle loves to collect various objects from all over, some of which are very old. Many of his more intriguing objects can be found in the study where I was sleeping.

The first night was relatively uneventful. I woke up once, but did not check the clock. Waking up in the night is not unusual for me, so I paid it no mind. I was slightly anxious when I was lying awake in there, which was unusual, but I just figured I was being unreasonable.

The second night, though, was when things got interesting. I woke up in the night, and found myself more awake than usual for when I wake up in the night. This time I checked the time on my phone. I assumed, since I felt so awake, that it was maybe 5:30 or even 6:00, as it can stay dark in that room until as late as 7:00. To my surprise, the time was 2:58 am. A few moments later, bright white flashes became visible on the ceiling. They were very large, and were in almost star like formations. They seemed like they would have a centre orb of light, but I did not see their centres, since I was too afraid to look at them head-on. Just then, a very clear female voice spoke, almost from the back of my head. She said "Good thing you're too tired to realize what this really is." I then felt a bolt of primeval fear and a sense that something supernatural was going on. I thought I may have sleep paralysis (I was very awake and thinking clearly, but I was scared) but I found myself able to move normally. I then shut my eyes but could feel that the flashes were still happening.

The next morning, I searched the room for an electronic device that would flash like that. I found none. I then asked my uncle if there was anything that could do that, and he said no.

What did I see?

It lasted from about 3:00 am and I think it was still going on when I was able to fall back asleep, around 3:30 am.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jpr11011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PhysicII (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Mayby... This may sound stupid (And I not a christian btw) It was A Angel 😊
jpr11011 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Thank you for the feedback 😊. Because of the position of the sole, tiny window (which faces a woods) there is no chance it was headlights. There is also no way it was the neighbors, as my dad in the next room is a light sleeper, and the windows in his room were closer to the neighbors.

I am wondering if this could be tied to any of the objects in the room? Since they are from around the world, many off of eBay, we have no way of knowing where they have been.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
You ruled out any light source from inside the house (good work by the way 😊). Were there any windows in the study, any chance the lights were coming from outside?
Headlights from a nearby highway or maybe neighbors setting of fireworks come to mind as a rationalization. You seem like an analytical person, so you probably already considered those possibilities. I just feel compelled to throw out the non-paranormal options.
In all truth, UFO is what crossed my mind. I'm sorry that I don't have any solid ideas for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: