You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stop Talking... Let Me Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Stop Talking... Let Me Sleep

 

My entire life I lived in the same house. Family members would always talk about weird occurrences in different parts of the house, but I never had anything happen. I always went along with the stories, but I never really believed it. Until recently.

I moved with my boyfriend this past august. I got pregnant and he kicked me out. Said he needed time... Yeah what a man! Anyway, I moved back with my mother, and of course the loneliness hurt, so I decided to sleep with my mom for comfort.

I'm about six weeks pregnant and I become sleepy very early. Two nights ago I was sleeping when I began to hear my cell ring. I began hearing a man's voice. I started opening my eyes and turning to grab the phone not realizing I could still hear the voice speaking very fast. I looked up and saw a black figure. The figure stood by my side then started to back away. I wanted to talk, tell my mom who was awake due to my loud cell phone. I started scooting toward her but she thought I was asleep.

The next morning I told her, and she said, "Why didn't you say anything? I felt you moving your head all crazy but I never imagined you were scared!" Now I can't sleep. And when I do I feel the thing is there, watching me. I'm paranoid. Wonder why after 18 years living here something like this happened... Now that I'm pregnant.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justlovely, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
I've had things like this happen periodically, but I've never been pregnant. Anyways, I see a shadow person periodically when I'm just waking up, out of the corner of my eye, or even straight on when I walk into another room just to have it disappear. On to my point, I would wake up for no apparent reason on a few occasions and for no good reason this thing would be standing very close to me by my bed looking down on me. Well it's very creepy to say the least. I was getting really irritated, and so the last time it was by my bed I kicked my leg out at it as hard as I could (bed covers and all), and I think this really shocked it big time! I never connected with anything because it quickly moved away from my leg by taking a step back and disappeared. It never stood next to my bed again:)
You might try it, if something like that happens again, because it worked for me. I ended up seeing it only on occasion in other parts of the house, but NEVER again in my bedroom. I think it got the hint.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
Justlovely,

Honestly, it could be your pregnancy but it could be paranormal as well. ZombieMomma makes a good point, I don't know if you could see a doctor about it but I would try that if its possible.

As for the paranormal aspect, I've read several stories on this site and elsewhere about pregnant women having increased sensitivity to the paranormal. I can't recall the name of the story or the author but they talked about picking up on things (not mean though) around their house and there hadn't ever been paranormal activity before she had become pregnant. There is a theory out there (depending on your religious perspective) that your unborn child's friends are visiting them from Heaven.

It comes down to what you believe is going on. But do some research on your home, go to a doctor if possible and see if your pregnancy could be the cause. I mean, my boyfriend's mother has horrific dreams every time she eats lobster. Needless to say she's only had it three times and all three times she had terrible dreams. So really, it could be anything. My advice is to do research and don't use an ouija board! Keep us updated!
DanceJN (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
Wow! I have experienced something before. I was 6 years old but now I am 10. The story is called Young face in Charleston and it is by my dad, Scott54. I wish you the best! 😁
Adolphos (62 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
BlanknameSpace,

Please see these two posts that, among others, provide evidence of the effectiveness of prayer against demons.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10561
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=10480

Evidence to the contrary should be reported, as they will be important to examine. Report them here as they are relevant.

Readers, please refrain from unduly marking uninformed comments.

BlanknameSpace, I suggest you first familiarize yourself with the several types of stories here and some of the methods that have been effective.
GDKG9820 (1 stories) (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
If you see him again say this " in the name of Jesus Christ I command you to get out of my house. You do not belong here!" repeat this saying until he goes away and the talking stops. If this happens again say this phrase.
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Say a prayer before you go to sleep. Don't give this thing power. You need your sleep now more than ever. And sorry about what your boyfriend did to you. My ex did the same thing to his first girlfriend, and 30 years later has very very little contact with his son. Not cool. Hope yours comes around. Take care and hope you don't see this thing again!
justlovely (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Haha and zombiemomma... Alright homegirl! Ha no ones called me that before! Thanks for the good luck... I need it.
justlovely (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Thank you all for your comments. I haven't seen the thing anymore, but I am still a bit shakened by it. I did infact pray b4 sleepin for a few nights and I found it easier to sleep. I too believe it was a ghost or demon that came near due to my.pregnancy. In my family I am "the baby" so I don't know... Perhaps it just wanted to see the new member to the family. I just wonder why I can't remember what it said while it spoke... I just remember it saying not to wake up... But well... I DID!
My senses do seem hightened, which is good because now I am more capable to see danger... And I will not let anything or anyone harm my baby.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
justlovely: I tend to agree with ZombieMomma... I know when I was pregnant with my kids, my dreams were very vivid, and scarey sometimes...But, I also found that some of my psychic abilities were hightened...

One thing that you can do is wear a necklace with a symbol of your faith, whatever it is... And I think it's good to stay with your Mom, if that's what helps you feel comfortable...Don't be afraid to try to sleep, as at this time, the first trimester, you need all the rest you can get for the health of the baby... And stress isn't good at all during the entire pregnancy...

Try to relax, and take care of yourself!... 😊
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
It sounds like you may be having vivid hallucinations during sleep onset or upon awakening. Before you start sacrificing small animals or hiring an exorcist, you might want to check out this website: http://www.healthcentral.com/sleep-disorders/c/5954/8718/sleep/
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Bloodycole, there are no such things as evil Wiccans who pray to satan. Those people are called satanists. Wiccans don't even believe in satan.
Ok. Off my soapbox now.
JustLovely, it's not at all uncommon for a pregnant woman to have paranormal experiences even if she has never had them before. I think it has something to do with heightened awareness. After all, you aren't just looking out for yourself right now, but for your child as well. In my opinion, looking out for your baby will make you much more likely to notice things it was easy to overlook before. Also, that need to protect will make everything seem more sinister than it is, since you are on a heightened alert for danger. Try not to get too worried, as the odds of this being some evil entity are more than slim. If there were evil in your home, I'm sure you would have noticed it long ago. Evil ain't easy to overlook, even if you don't normally notice the paranormal.
Even though the circumstances are less than perfect, congratulations on the little one. ❤
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
Adolphos, do you know what happens when you try to use prayer to defeat a very strong demonic entity? It will literally laugh in your face.
coc6 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
In the Philippines, we have this evil entity called "aswang" and they prey on pregnant women. I'm thinking in that line and that most probably this entity might be after your unborn child? So do be careful and be more religious and prayerful. Aswangs are like vampires so it doesn't hurt if you hang a bunch of garlic cloves in your bedroom and doors.
ILuvKittenz (11 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
It's extremely frightening to read about things that are SUPPOSED to be made up bedtime stories, are actually HERE. In THIS world. Very very scary, but at the same time makes this world a lot less dull and drab. But a dull and drab world without paranormal stuff means they moved on and hell is trapped, where it should be.
Adolphos (62 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
From your description, I can't tell if it's a ghost or a demon. If it's a demon, prayer is extremely effective against them. Call on God to protect you, and if it still comes close, call out "God destroy the demon!"

Prayer could be effective against ghosts as well. Here is a ghost busting tool:
Http://www.hootenization.com/GhostBuster.html
This will also be effective against demons. But you do not need it with demons, as they are far more vulnerable to holy thoughts, objects, symbols, prayer.
bloodycole (2 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
ZombieMomma as the right idea although I am extremely religious I am Wiccan now before I continue WICCANS ARE NOT EVIL we choose a element of nature we also choose a selection of gods and goddesses to pray too, That can grant us Wealth, Luck, Wisdom, Health, Love, Even victory in war Dark Pagans or Evil Wiccans pray to satin and gods of wraith they sold there soul and are considered dangerous Good wiccans like me are bound to the Three-Fold law this law prevents us from doing anything evil now have we cleared this up? Alright, It could be a Incubi ever heard of a succubi? Or Succubus female demons that would vist sleeping men and have there way with them? Incubi often rape women or give them desires in there sleep if the woman is pregnant he would grow furious or jealous and curse the child with retardation or Never to love or be loved that is why in the middle ages children that are well... Retarded where considered cursed by a Incubi and those that had a physical deformity where considered a Incubi's child and the mother of the child was marked as a whore or hanged if she is married for making love with a incubi, But that is my belief's it is most likely what ZombieMomma said.
ghostgirlsmileyface (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
maybe it was always there but you didn't notice and now you have come back with a baby its jealous 😁 ❤
ZombieMomma (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I personally have never had one paranormal experience in my life, so I am not one to judge. I also won't spit out "sleep paralysis" because I only know what I have read about it on the internet. But I will say that when I was pregnant, I had INSANE dreams/nightmares. It is a common thing to have once you get pregnant due to hormones and an "increased recall," as this article states:

Http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=52248

Although your story had nothing to do with "fertility imagery," it could still be a likely source. Just my two cents, homegirl! Good story and good luck with your pregnancy! It's going to go by really quick! [except for the last week before your due date;0) ]

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: