You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Caling My Name And Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Caling My Name And Noises

 

I've always been used to staying home alone, late into the night. Nothing really strange happens around my house but one night I was on my computer downstairs just surfing the web. While switching from site to site I suddenly heard someone call my name. I sat up, surprised and looked around. I wasn't playing music or watching TV so the noise wasn't from an electronic. I also checked to see if anyone was outside. Trying to forget about it I decided to go get something from the basement. Just when I opened the door; I suddenly felt light headed and almost fell forward. When my parents returned I told them nothing about my strange experience.

Just a few days later I was upstairs looking for something when once more I heard a male voice call my name and I answered back with a "What?" believing it was my father who called me. When I went to go ask my dad why he called me, he told me he hadn't called me and was in his room the whole time. Another time I was downstairs in the living room, lying on the couch when someone or something whispered "Hey! Hey!" in my ear. These little experiences have frightened me a bit and left me uneasy when they occur, I'm unsure if it's just my imagination.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iHearPsycho, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NewJerseyRuggieroParanormal (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
I was very interested in your post. We are a family based paranormal group based in central NJ. If you're interested we could come in and attempt to validate your claims?
We are very respectful and courteous. We would make ourselves available at time/date that was convenient for you.
We take what we do very seriously, we would offer you evidence in form of video/audio to validate your claims. Whatever we find would remain confidential unless you agree to let us post it on our website.
If you are interested in discussing this further or if you have any questions please contact us through the website.
Www.newjerseyruggieroparanormalgroup.com

Thanks and take care
iHearPsycho (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
[at] laylalea1: Actually no one in family has died well just my great grandparents but I don't believe I know this spirit:/
Coyote42Dances (2 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-10)
I agree with some of the other posters here, it may just be someone who wants to get your attention in order to communicate with you. I once heard a voice call my name several nights in a row, at first I ignored it and tried to dismiss it as my imagination. Then one night I got annoyed because I was trying to watch something on TV and it continued to call my name. So I shouted, "What?!" and I guess it didn't like that, because I never heard the voice again. My husband had an entirely different experience with a disembodied voice. One day he was fishing, and had waded out into the water. He was totally alone when all of a sudden he heard a voice telling him to get out of the water. He listened! He got out of the water, and went and stood on the dock. He looked over at the place where he had been standing, and saw a 5 foot alligator.
laylalea1 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-08)
Im new to this site, But your story is the first one I've read. This sounds like a spirit you may know, as in you've lost a family member or a friend and they haven't finished their buisness with you yet. I've had plenty of experiences like this, and it is very terrifying. But no worries, For you it just may be what I explained before. Oh! And it may not want to harm you, maybe just trying to tell you something. Hope this helps! (:
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
I've had several experiences like that. None lately though. The voice saved my life on at least once occasion although it almost made me wee myself. I've even heard it on a bight sunny day a few years back. I was working in the back at least 50 yards from anything, behind a house. I had a piece of machinery going but not revved up so not as loud as it was fixing to be, when I heard someone clearly say my name "Tony", I looked up and around then continued with what I was doing and it said it again a little more impatiently and louder "TONY!", I cut everything off and went around to the front of the house to where my boss at the time was working at the front of the property. I asked him if he had called me and he said no. I told him that I had heard it twice and we both looked around. No one was home at the house there where we were working and there was open land all around. He told me that he has heard his name called before and as a matter of fact just that morning while he was doing the milking before starting out for work he was standing in the middle of his cow barn before daylight and clearly heard someone call his name " Bill...Bill..." I asked him what he did and he said," I just said what Lord?" and went on about my buisness. We both then went back to work, and then next time I heard my name called like that that's what I said. (don't remember how long after that it was though.)
BratKid111 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
This happens to me all the time, especially at my last house! I wouldn't worry too much, probably someone just saying 'hello' or trying to get your attention... Some spirits can behave like kids so as long as no harm, no foul. Keep us posted!
Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
BTW, if it turns out to be a demon, see my other posts on demons.
Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Sounds like the ghost isn't malevolently inclined. You can try talking to it. If it begins to be troublesome, tell it to stop, as it has been effective against some annoying yet not malevolent ghosts. A ghost busting tool is available, but it's questionable if it will be effective against a non-negative ghost:
Http://www.hootenization.com/GhostBuster.html
iHearPsycho (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
[at] Cosmo: Lately nothing strange has happened to me and I haven't heard much when I'm home alone. I suppose whatever was trying to get my attention has given up.
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
well it does sound like someone is trying to talk to you and cosmogal926 gave a better explantion for this but you should listen to her and take her advise if you want.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
It definitely sounds like something is trying to get your attention. From reading about what your hearing and feeling, it doesn't seem like it means you any harm. The part where you felt dizzy and almost fell over could have been the spirit using your energy to try and communicate. I can't really say if it meant for you to fall, but I don't think it did. If you are not willing to communicate you can always try the I will ignore you until you go away theory, or if you feel confident enough you can talk out loud to it. Just speak in clear confident voice and lay down some ground rules. But you must be assertive enough and if it is a human spirit it will listen to you. Good luck 😊
SpoonMan (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I have had a very similar experience. My experience unfortunately blew up into a full blown experience. Read my story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: