You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Demon Screeching And Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Screeching And Paralysis

 

My name is Jen and I'm 21 years old, living with my boyfriend and his family in Vaughan, Ontario. These are the incidents that occurred in his house.

Incident 1:

My boyfriend and I had an argument one day, so it ended with my staying in bed in our room and him downstairs. I was under the blankets with my back towards the door and was just thinking about our fight. That's when the air started getting a little warmer behind me, the same kind of warmth you feel when another person is in the room.

I knew it was my boyfriend standing there, coming back to apologize and I felt him sit behind me on the bed. I kept my back faced towards him and the door and closed my eyes, pretending that I was asleep so I didn't have to talk with him. He stayed silent, which wasn't strange at the time because he's usually very quiet and reflective when he's upset. After a few minutes of silence, I started to feel that it was weird because he hadn't move from that spot, hadn't tried to wake me up and most strange of all was that I realized I never heard the door even open when he came in. That's when I tried to turn around... My body was instantly paralyzed as if something was on top of me.

I thought "What the hell is he doing? Why is he hurting me?" when I realized I couldn't speak or move. I started to panic because I knew it wasn't my boyfriend. That's when a loud whistle rang in my ears, the kind of whistle a boiling kettle makes. After it faded away I opened my eyes and nobody was in the room. I told my boyfriend afterwards but me and him agreed it was just sleep paralysis. I was certain that I was awake and only pretended to sleep, but I didn't question it.

Incident 2: (Couple months later)

My boyfriend woke up early one morning and told me he had a bad dream about me. He was in a rush so he said he would tell me later so I fell back asleep. An hour later I woke up to the sound of the TV (the volume was pretty loud), because I usually leave it on all the time. I turned to see it was on the news channel, and the time said "10:30am". I turned with my back towards the TV and my face close to my bedroom wall. I sat there thinking about something, when I felt my cat pounce on my legs. I sat up to play with her but I realized nothing was there. The door was closed so she wouldn't even be able to come in. I lay back down and thought about how strange it was. Then the volume of the TV started to go quieter and quieter. I sat up again and looked at the TV but I realized the volume was still loud. I started to think I was going crazy because of lack of sleep so I lay down again and faced towards the wall.

The volume of the TV again went quieter and quieter once again. Just as my eyes were about to close, a dark shadow (so dark that it was like a silhouette) appeared on the wall I was facing and I instantly panicked and closed my eyes tight. My body was then pushed down to the point it was paralyzed, and that's when the demon screeched in my ears, so loud that it sounded like an animal being tortured. I prayed in my head, "God deliver us from evil and forgive our sins" over and over. I'm not a religious person but I was so terrified and desperate that I prayed whatever came to my mind. The screeching stopped and I opened my eyes again.

That day I ran out of my room and told my boyfriend and his family everything. They put candles and pictures of the Holy Mary in my room and told me it was going to be okay and to not be afraid. 3 days passed and nothing strange happened.

Incident 3: (Couple days later)

My boyfriend woke early for work again and told me he had another bad dream about me. I started to panic instantly because I thought it was a sign that the demon would come back. My boyfriend tried to calm me down and said "it had nothing to do with demons. I just had a dream that you left me." He left for work and told me not to worry because the room was "cleansed" with candles and Holy Mary.

I sat in bed awake, watching the TV when my eyes began to fall heavy again. I tried to keep them open, but as soon as they closed, it happened again. It pushed me down into paralysis, and screeched in my ear. I prayed again and thought "GET OUT" and it went away. I opened my eyes and didn't tell anyone but my boyfriend. He told me I was being paranoid because of the "bad dream" he mentioned and that maybe I created it in my mind. He said if it really is a demon, it will get bored and leave. I still felt shaken because it's not a coincidence that it happened the same week.

Incident 4:

This happened this morning. My boyfriend and I both woke up early in the morning. He went off to work and I took my blanket and pillow down to the living room so that it would not happen again. His cat slept next to me and his grandma was mopping the kitchen so I felt at ease for once. As I tried to fall back asleep, his cat pounced on my legs and clawed at my feet. Grandma shooed the cat away so that I could sleep. A couple minutes later, she pounced again on my legs and tried to get under my blanket but I shooed her away. Soon after that, I felt her pounce on my legs once again. This time, I saw her nowhere near my legs and was just resting on the other couch.

I thought it was strange and laid back down when I instantly felt my eyes getting heavy. I knew what was going to happen and I forced my eyes to stay open. At that point, I started to hear faded screeching getting louder and louder as my eyes tried to close on their own. I forced them to stay open as much as I could and that's when I heard the demons tortured screech followed by distant murmuring or chanting, sounding like it was from a ritual. The most terrifying part was that my eyes were wide open as this was happening.

I called tried to yell out "booni!" (Which means grandma in Romanian) but it came out as a muffled gasp. I realized she was upstairs cleaning so she could not hear my whispers or see me twitching on the couch. My vocal box felt like it was glued shut. I tried to yell out "GET OUT... GET OUT... GET OUT..." until my whisper finally turned into a loud scream throughout the house and grandma ran downstairs to see if I was okay. Since she barely knows English, I could not explain to her what happened. I looked at the clock and it said "10:36am", around the same time the other incidents occurred...

I still to this point don't understand the meaning of any of this. I've never played with Ouija boards or played with black magic or had any interest in the existence of demons. I want to know why this is happening and how I can stop it.

Thank you for reading my story. Any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JenJe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gobs13 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Hi, I had problems last night with a consistent screeching demon. It was in a dream and it tried to follow me into consciousness. There was a bartender and a guy name Randy and some twins in the dream. Tell me if that rings a bell.
reelife (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
That is disturbing indeed. It could be an Incubus trying to... Well have sex with you. Now the following is my own speculations but it seems like the demon is trying to reach you, but can't. It could be a stronger force between you and him like love? So the demon is trying to get rid of your boyfriend by planting id
bobdylanrock2244 (1 stories) (16 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
maybe its your house so let someone else sleep in it and then if its not your been possesed that means that a evil spirit is inside youu and won't leave so I would get a doctor because it can be very dangerous you can lash out at someone or hurt yourself take care bobxxxxxxxx 😊
caitlynann4 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
very strange, I'm sorry but I can't help you. I really haven't had any demon experience. I have had my share of ghost experiences for my young age. But no demons. Sorry 😢 ~cait
seeing_things11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Woah, that is SO creepy. I don't know anything about demons, but if I were you, I'd get out of that house right away and hope it doesn't follow me!
feyan (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
im sorry for your terrible encounters. Sometimes demons comes to live in new places because of high spiritual presence in human beings, or because of the persons lack of control in their own feels. FIRST (if you would like) I would like you to carry an investigation on the place you are staying, asking your closes friend (who wouldn't think you are crazy) to help you (2 is better than 1)! Second search THROUGHLY in every single place for strange materials which might seem strange (take help from your boyfriend).
Plz try EVERYTHING in your religion for your & your boyfriends' families safety, cause life matters. If its is a demon & someone summoned it will be quite dangerous (as you said you heard sth like ritual matter), if its is a human entity trying to scary the crap out of you, hold a family circle & ask for what it want. If you are Christan, please try to find an old Bible. More solution to be given that is... If you want to give a go on the beast inside. Point to be noted: a summoned being is more powerful than a stray.
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
Let me first state that my name is Warrior_Troy because I have been in warfare for a long time with demonic spirits and am well acquainted with their tactics. I have learned a lot over the years. I am a Pastor/minister and have been exposed to face to face combat with many demons. I have had demons oppress me in the past and can sense their presence in the atmosphere.

I have been accused of being to preachy on this sight so I am trying to choose my words cautiously so as not to offend anyone.

There is a powerful principle I learned found in the book of Job in the bible. There is a way where you can shield your household where the enemy can not come in.

The only way that I know how to fight these demonic spirits are found in The Holy Bible.

I will pray for you!

(Eph 6:11) Put on God's whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil.

(Eph 6:12) For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
Vulcan10: You don't need to judge her what she need to sleep I mean nobody perfect beside that I sleep late too as her.

Jenje: That is awfully I hope everything is okay, I would had pray hard and do something about it if that happen to me but I hope not and hope you are safe.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
Hi JenJe, I lived in a house once and I was the victim of attack in that house. I know exactly how you feel. I also prayed and left my Bible open but it was not easy to fight away that evil force. It helped in a way but that evil thing was a tough one to get out. I couldn't manage the situation on my own. My husband on that time told me that I was crazy because he didn't feel or experienced anything strange there. I started to believe him until I saw the thing running down the passage in my house. I called my dad and he contacted our church. There was a man working with this kind of stuff in our church, and he came and cleansed the house. It was gone.
He told me that it was definitely a demon. Why it only attacked me was never known, but it did. Why I'm telling you this is because if a person never experienced this before it is much difficult to understand the whole situation and what the victim of these attacks is going through. If you're not that religious prayers can even worsen the situation if this is a demon.
The best thing to do if this situation gets worse is to get hold of an experience person in this field to come and check out your house and deal with this evil thing that attacks you. People with the experience in this field know exactly what to do and they can give you good advice. Also bear in mind that it is not in any ones pants to deal with situations like this.
Just for the record, to put open Bibles and religious stuff helps for a person to feel comfort but it is like a soldier at war just holding his rifle in his hands because it let him feel save. If a soldier doesn't know how to use his weapons you can only think what can happen. It gets dangerous. Evil is not afraid of the bible but it's afraid of what it can do to it. Sorry for the long comment. Hope you will get the right person to help you. Take care. Trix.
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Has anything unexplainable happened to you before that you maybe just ignored? This is quite powerful starting off which makes me think there may have been small things before, but I could be wrong. Anything at your old place of residence? Anything before you moved in with your boyfriend? Paranormal activity is unpredictable. Try praying or reading the Bible, depending on your religious beliefs. It sounds like the pictures of Mary helped for a few days, so doing more religious things could help, but like I said it depends on what set of beliefs you follow. I don't think that its SP, because you have been awake for the incidents. But have you ever experienced SP in your life? I wouldn't recommend trying to communicate with this since it seems malevolent. Do NOT use Ouija boards, it might seem easy, but it will make things worse. Keep us posted on this, especially if anything more happens. The activity seems to be picking up and becoming consistent, so be careful! Hope this helps and best of luck
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
I think it's connected to your boyfriend. It keeps giving him ideas that you are going to leave him in dreams and it showed up during a fight between you two. My opinion is that your boyfriend is going to have to be the one to kick it out of the house. It is trying to separate you two. Why I haven't the slightest idea. Complex things or maybe one simple reason. But it wants you to leave. It may have always been there but just now made itself known because of the fight. 😕
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
HI, I can feel how terrified you are, I would be too if I were in your shoe. But you need to get to the root of this problem,
Was this the only inceidents of sleep paralysis so far in your life?
Do you remeber going to a foregin place, or somewhere where you
Felt uncomfortabel before these attacks?
The thing is, your attacks see, more like possession, i.e, getting attacked even when your eyes were open. You need to get help from a learned person in your community, a priest, rabbbi or imam depending on which faith you follow. How long have you been with your boyfriend in his house, sorry... How long as resident? I'm trying to see if the demon is based in this house or followed you home from somewhere else. Theres so many options, but a learned person will be able to help. Say your prayers beforee you go to sleep. AWAYS TRY TO SLEEP ON YOUR RIGHT. This is important as demons attack when your mostly lying on your back face up. I too used to have these paralysis atacks but now they have stopped. I know this very potent prayer in arabic which I used to read, and the attacks would stop straight away. In fact thisprayer is a protection against the touch of the devil. But please, see a religious scholar ASAP. Hope your problems are eased by my advice. Thanks.

This comment from vulcan10 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
mm this is creepy... All I can say is the stronger your faith is in the lord, the more likely this thing will go away

This comment from BlanknameSpace is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: