You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Granny's Funeral Home

Real Ghost Stories

Granny's Funeral Home

 

I have been seeing things since I was a little girl. The farthest back I can remember would be when I was 6 years old and I was awakened by small whispers and opened my eyes to be face to face with a dark shadow figure. I was always told that if I had a bad dream to just close my eyes and it would all go away but after doing so it was still there so I knew this wasn't a dream.

I have since then moved to another house, one much older. I sleep in our furnished basement and have had countless experiences. Knocking, whispers, touched, and hair standing on end. It feels like no matter where I go it will always be there watching me. Although sometimes I can see actual people but knowing they are not alive.

When I visit my Granny's (an old funeral home) I see people I have never seen before. Just last night was a sleepless night when I stayed down there and heard footsteps above me all night in the part that we a renovating. I heard not only a voice but a conversation going on in the room outside of mine, after checking on my sleeping Granny I knew it wasn't her. I try and share these experiences with people here with little belief and support. However I usually know when these experiences are going to occur. It's like the room shifts from a normal room to something much greater and Goosebumps appear all over my body. Sometimes during the night I have dreams about people dying. A few times noticing that they are the people I see during an experience.

I mentioned earlier that we are renovating upstairs at my Granny's and part of it including paint, this morning when I went to finish my previous painting project, I kid you not, and my paint brushes were moved to a complete different room separate from where the painting is taking place. And it just so happens that the room where I found the paint brushes were laid on my great great aunt's room that passed away before I was born. She had started renovating before she had a sudden heart attack. After this, renovating stopped and the area became a storage area.

I believe that she is back to help finish what she began. Although this sounds innocent some of my experiences scare me, including my name being whispered and the feeling of my hair being pulled, getting kicked in the back, and the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. I didn't know where else to go to share my experiences. I will report back with more I'm sure sooner than later. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ally_Logan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Hi Ally Logan, ghost activity picks up during renovations. It happened in our house too when we renovated. I'm sure they don't mean any harm. I wonder if your great great aunt try and send you a message with the paint brushes, maybe to let you know that she is aware of the renovations taken place now after all these years, after the heart attack stopped here from going on with her plans in the house. Maybe she's happy about it. I hope she likes your taste. Thanks for sharing. Take care Trix. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: