You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Cabrahombre

Real Ghost Stories

Cabrahombre

 

I was staying for five days at my grandpa's house in Mexico.

Everything was great; we all LOVED to sit around a good old camp fire and listed to one of our grandpa's collection of great ghost stories.

The third day of my stay, grandpa told us kids one about a horrible beast with fangs, goat horns, man face, red eyes, goat body, legs and arms like that of any other, regular man, but with hooves for fingers. I do remember that we were all extremely scared of it, and would obey any order if they threaten to call the creature if we didn't do so, then the adults would laugh their heads off after seeing us nearly pee ourselves when told it would come for us. What I don't remember is the creature's original name, but I have not forgotten that, based on what we kids were told that it looked like, we called it the "CABRAHOMBRE", meaning "GOATMAN" for those who do not know Spanish.

Eventually, my cousins and I forgot about the beast's existence, until one day, my grandpa's neighbor told us that his animals had all been killed, and obviously not by a fox or coyote, for an animal like that would've bitten the animals all over, while his dead animals had bite marks...well, kind of like two little holes, a bit separated somewhere in their necks and - they were completely drained. NO BLOOD. The beast even took on the dogs.

The last day of my stay, my cousins and I were dozing off in the living room, when we heard a heavy thing land hard on the roof. I and my oldest cousin told the others to stay inside. We grabbed our rifles, ready to shoot any old' thief streaking up on the house. We took out a flashlight and shone it at the wheat, where we saw the ugliest and most horrible thing - the "Cabrahombre"!

My cousin shone the flashlight at the beast, and I aimed and shot its leg three times in a row. The creature fell, and I thought that we could finally show the adults that the creature we were told about was real. WRONG! The thing struggled in the dirt and finally got up on it's...it's...feet? And jumped to the roof of the barn, then jumped off and disappeared.

Other hauntings by Roxanne090

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Roxanne090, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-07)
There is a lady Rancher in Texas who found the body of a canine looking animal that was unknown to her. It was so odd looking she had it stuffed and mounted.

DNA testing on the 'creature' (submitted by the Fact or Fake crew) showed it to be a cross between a Mexican Wolf and a Coyote. Something in the 'crossbreeding' has caused the animal to be almost hairless. A search on the net can bring up many images that seem to show this creature, alive or dead, and there are almost as many explanations as to what it may be. So, do the research, read the stories, check the sources and decide for yourself.

Respectfully,

Rook
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-07)
Whoa! 3 shots to the leg, at night- from a distance. That's incredible!
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-07)
The creature you sort of described sounds like the chupacabra. It's been reported all across the southern states, Puerto Rico, Dominucan Republic, Mexico. It's described as a mix between a wild dog and a rabbit. A famous report was from the Bell witch story. The Bell family reported seeing such a creature on their land. A man in Texas shot one-the photo is on internet, that's how I found it.
From numerous accounts reported, it appears to be an animal and not paranormal. With people increasingly pushing into now scarce wild land, sightings if this and other unknown creatures are becoming common place. It appears to feed on small animals.

Thanks for sharing!
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
mothman, goat man, chupacabra, jersey devil, bigfoot... At least you did what others have not remotely thought about doing, and that was shoot at it. You always hear about these hunters walking the backwoods and crossing paths with a bigfoot but instead of using a high powered rifle to take the thing down, they would rather use a crappy camera that takes a fuzzy and blurry picture.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Two things your story reminded me of was:
1. A Chupacabra -APPARENTLY native to Puerto Rico
2. A story called 'Mary Jo and The Hairy Man' by Eric A. Kimmel
...Loved your story! 😆
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
AH, Roxanne! I was told about your story on here, and I'm finally able to check it out! I've gotta say, worth the wait, and I'm in agreement with BadJuuJuu- GOAT MAN LIVES!
And this is going straight to my favorite list.

The thought of what could be out in nature, unbeknown to us, is an amazing concept to think about. We truly have no idea what kind of hybrid creatures could be living in the wild, and it takes an eye-witness account to reaffirm what we've always wondered about.

Thank you for sharing!

Au Revior. 😊 ❤
Silene02 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
It is indeed strange that even though we accept the stories of vampires as pure fiction there are a lot of stories all around the world that make us think sometimes that vampires are not just pure fantasy.

By the way the name is not cabrahombre, it is "hombre cabra", that's the correct way to say goatman in Spanish, it sound strange to me at first when I read cabrahombre, is the other way round;-)
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
wow! Awesome story! One of my fav.
And you are brave to have gone after it and actualy shoot at it! Wow! If you have any others please share! ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
Hi Roxanne, Wow I think that you and your cousin encountered the chupacabra as well. You were very brave to go outside and fire off shots at this thing. Good for you for acutally hitting it. I have never heard of the Goat Man either until now. I'm going to do the same as HazMan and start doing some research on this. Very interesting story. 😊
AndreaRC (12 stories) (31 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
Hi Roxanne.
As a little kid my older brother would always tell me awful stories about what you call the cabrahombre, and as an adult I've researched him;however,what I believe you saw was though was the chupacabre, as the description of what happened to the farm animals is exactly the same that has happened to animals across the North American midwest,west,and Mexico;the blood draining is a telltale sign that the chupacabre has been around. I give you points for being brave and taking a shot at it;the cryptozoological theories behind the chupacabre are long overdue for confirmation.
Please post if you see it again!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
i hear about mothman to myself somewhere in other state I forget the name so I do believe that so yeah I believe some people in real life born something strange that humans can't accpect them. So Yeah that thing you saw it most be ugly or awfully it like to take a animals.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
I just googled the Goat Man. I read that the legend originated in Maryland and that this creature is said to attack courting couples. I also read that it has occasionally killed peoples' pets, but it doesn't seem to have an affinity for consuming blood.

The legend of the Goat Man seems more prevalent here in America, although I personally have never heard anyone mention it. It does seem that the chupacabras is mostly seen in Mexico and countries due south.

Just thought I'd share that tid bit of info with everyone.
MissJamieAnn (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
I am originally from Maine and I have heard of Goatman. I moved to FL, and a friend of mine who was actually from a small town in backwoods Maine originally, told me this story only he said this thing was haunting him and his little brother, I do have to say, I have never heard of this thing again until now. I'd ask people if they ever heard of Goatman and they'd look at me like I was nuts. I thought the story was just either made up, or just a legend from Maine at best
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Chupacabra is goat sucker, but Goat Man is a different beastie altogether. Chupacabra... Those actually creep me out. Goat Man though is kind of cool.
Btw Roxanne, this story went straight to my favorites list. ❤
turfster (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Hey I don't want to offend the author of the story but the chupacabra doesn't look like a goat man in any of the stories I've heard the name means goat sucker.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Goat Man lives!
Kim, I have heard of this critter. He's a popular myth/monster here in east Tx. There are a few stories of how he came about, this is my favorite version-
There was a witch woman named Annie whose lover left her for another woman. In a fit of jealousy, Annie cursed her lover and turned him into a half-man, half-goat monster. Since then, he has haunted the countryside, usually spotted near bodies of water. That's just one version of many. 😆
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Yes, it was the chupacabras, thanks for reminding me, I just couldn't remember the name
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
I have absolutely never heard of this cabrahombre. I thought it was the chupacabras that sucked the blood of livestock and such. I've heard incredulous stories of half human, half animal creatures bred through bestiality, but this is new to me. Is the tale of this creature widely known or is it just familiar to the people in the area?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
A goat man? I have never heard of goat man. Has any of the other readers ever heard of this type of creature?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: