You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Still Stands By The Window

Real Ghost Stories

She Still Stands By The Window

 

When I still lived with my parents, I experienced a paranormal incident that I will take to my grave.

We were just moving to our new house. Everything was great - it had a huge backyard, a pool, an indoor garden with glass walls, its own library. But... The problem was that huge, eerie window next to the sink in the kitchen. I felt uneasy and felt melancholy when approaching just a bit. I didn't really pay attention to it, but the feeling of dread remained.

The first incident that happened was when I was helping mother in the kitchen by washing the dishes. As I had mentioned before, the sink was next to the same, infamous window that would give me the chills. I proceeded with what I was doing and decided to look out the window when I noticed a girl about my smallest sister's age (6). I even thought she was my sister, but I knew my sister could never afford to look as clean and presentable as the girl. The girl was staring out the window miserably and occasionally moved her head from side to side, looking frantically from the glass. She began to sob quietly, but for an eerie reason, she didn't notice me there. My thoughts about her being my sister changed when my mom, who was near me (by the stove next to the sink) told me to go call my sister because breakfast was ready. I was shocked, my mom has a better sight than me and yet didn't see the girl by the window (she had even turned to the window)! I turned around to the window and was about to tell mom that my sister was here when I realized the girl had vanished. I decided to blame it on my glasses for reflecting the sunlight, but what were the chances that would've happened when I wasn't directly where the window was?

The second incident that happened was experienced by my mom. As she came back from the market, she reported seeing a little girl sobbing, looking out the window. She asked if it had been my sister and me, but I merely looked at her as if she had just grown wings. I told her that it couldn't have been either of us because my sister had been asleep on my lap while I read on the couch since before mom left to when she came back.

Now, I knew they might be something that never did or no longer belongs in this world.

Other hauntings by Roxanne090

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Roxanne090, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
Well, did you tell you mother about the same experience you had? 😊
*Kai ❤
dogboy114 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
Yeah, I agree with what Akumu9989 said, either she was sobbing because someone she knew hung themselves or she hung herself and now looks at the tree and sobs in regret of what she had done...
Akumu9989 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
You said she looked at an oak tree right, and then sobbed? Could it be that someone close to her hung themselves?
zeldaxlove64 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
My Idea, is it could've been someone who had a family member or something happen to her that she still is glued to this house! I totally understand that it could've looked like someone you know, but really, watch it! Sometimes demon's can mimmick what people look like. So, most chances it could be either one.

If this sounds scary, don't worry. This happened when I moved too, so you are NOT Alone!
Zeldaxlove64 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-16)
As previous posters have mentioned this is a residual haunting, seems like the little girl is looking for something or waiting for someone. I look forward to your next submission regarding your homes history, details etc.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Kelly128 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-16)
Drizzi lol id be like O:' and id run away like crazy yelling "Aaahhhhh its there!" Or something... As for the situation here I suggest you try talking to her if your not scared of her. I would but if you weren't scared when you saw her I'm sure she will appreciate any help you can give her.
Drizzi (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
That sounds extra creepy. I don't like child spirits they creep me out the most. I would have thrown something at it if I was in that situation. But don't listen to me with my luck the little girl would have attacked me or something haha. 😊
purpleprincess (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
great story it must have been scary I have never seen a ghost but it must be horrific

Princess
😁
God bless
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
I'm also posting another story, the second part of this one, were I get a better idea of how the girl died, in the era she lived, and what it was that she frantically looked for or at from the window.
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
To make things clearer, she was dressed in a fancy, victorian like outfit, and our house is at least 70 years old with a few reconstructions here and there. What she seemed to look at was the tree outside the window, a huge, old oak tree
Shelby427 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Hello Roxanne090. I, too, believe this to have been a residual haunting.

Thank you for sharing.

Shelby 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Do you have any idea as to the histpry of the house? Was there maybe a family there that had a young girl? I would be very interested in knowing some of the history of the home or the land. This may certainly assist in figuring out who the child is and perhaps why she has not crossed over.

Thanks for taking the time to relay your story,

God Bless!
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Dear Roxanne090, I too would like to know what you meant, by what the girl was wearing. It may give a clue as to the possible year this haunting may have occured. It sounds as if it may be a residule type haunting.
I wonder if you or your family ever found out any of the history of the house. Maybe, the girl experienced a tramatic event which was so devestating, that it still presents itself to this day.
You may want to research the house to see if anything was ever reported to have happened there. Like a murder or such.
Thanks for sharing.
❤ 😊
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
you said,"look as clean and presentable as the gir", what exactly do you mean? Was she just clean as in bathed, or that and in real fancy cloths that were to expensive for your families taste? And you also say that while you were inside the house she was looking "out" the window? What was she looking from side to side at? What was on the sides of the window?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: