You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Still Stands By The Window 3

Real Ghost Stories

She Still Stands By The Window 3

 

As I mentioned in the previous story, I found some belongings that are, apparently of the ghost girl I've been seeing. I took the burned items along with me to college and experienced something that very night, in the dormitories.

My roommates were sound asleep, but I had trouble sleeping, for some reason. I would wake up constantly and turned to the self, where I had put Marie's box, diary, and doll. I began to read the diary (err...what's left of it...) to see if I found anything interesting. The diary was like one any other girl would have an account of daily happenings and personal thoughts. The diary had many pages, but only few of them were not falling apart with burn marks, and some of the letters were so blurry I could not make them out.

Towards the end, there were some pages about a man that would only show up to her, and threatened to kill Marie and her family. He would also warn her not to tell anyone, or it would get worse. Appearently, Marie wrote that she was desperate and told her family, who did not believe her, for THEY never saw the man. She also wrote about looking out the same window I saw her as the man set the house on fire, beginning with the tree, and then expanding to the house.

She could not rescue her parents, for they would not wake up and a 6 year old cannot carry such weight. Not knowing what to do, Marie hid in what is now the attic (which used to be her room), hoping for the best, bringing her diary, along with the box and doll with her. The fire expanded some more, and the entire family was killed.

I had a dream after falling asleep that night. In the dream, I saw Marie. She was looking from the window, turning her back at me. She turned around suddenly and I saw her eyes. They were horrid, with blood tears running down her eyes as she asked for my help. I woke up and saw the diary in my lap, opened to a blank page with the words HELP! Written in red. I looked around, but realized it couldn't have been any of my roommates, for I had put the book under my pillow, and as a light-sleeper, I would've felt as they slipped the book of, from under the pillow.

The next day, I visited my parents and stayed for the night (we had 4 days off for some reason). I decided to only stay one night, to see if I encountered Marie.

That night, I woke up to the sound of sobbing. Again, it was Marie. I told her to go towards the light, but she frowned and flashed me an angered look." He will get me!" Marie said, before vanishing away.

Other hauntings by Roxanne090

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Roxanne090, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CAyer (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
The man was probably another spirit who haunted Marie. And did search for inormation regarding your house burning down? You may be able to find record of it.
toriT22 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
all these stories I read a scary. Did she tell you who the man was? That would be much help. I am guessing the man was real and the parents just thought that she was crazy and making up silly things. It is sad that she told the parents and that he lit the tree on fire and that she tried to rescue the parents and the children but she just couldn't. That is sooooo sad.
Chewy_Love95 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
Wonderful Story. Have You Ever Thought Maybe She Was Caught In The Fire Ran To The Attic && Someone Rescued Her && Took Her To The Hospital? Maybe Thats When She Wrote In Her Diary, She Could Have Wrote Her Last Words To Let Someone Know What Happened. For Her Being A Spirit In Trouble She More Than Likely Could Have Put Her Diary In A Place She Knew You Would Notice It. She Probably Chose You To Help Her, Possibly Because Your The Older Sister && She Looks Up To You.

I Hope This Helped You.
Good Luck

❤ Chewy
kiwi12345 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
if you see her again you should talk to her ask her for all the details that would complete your story
thedogslover (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
I guess that Marie only wants help. Tell her that you will help her and then she'll feel safe and secure. Also, how do you know that the whole family died if Marie died as well? She couldn't have written that she died if she was dead already. 😲
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
blue_raven80,

I suppose when I saw her, she was attempting for me to hear and help her, probably as if she thought that she would escape the fate she already suffered if I helped her, and it was too late by the time she got my attention.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
hi Roxanne090,

I just want to ask something, you mentioned in your previous story that you saw the girl in the window and she made you see what happened to her, right? I just want to clarify the part on that story, you said that you saw her by the window and she looked like she suffocated with the smoke. It seems that it is contradicting with the part on the story that she went to the attic and wrote on her diary what happened. Can you clarify this one please?

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
And so the little girl manages to keep herself calm enough to write in her diary as the house burns down?
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
One of my roomates confessed that she had written the bloody letters with another, similar-looking substance. The rest was not done by human. I apologize for describing the story to the point were it sounds fictional, but I swear it was one of those encounters that sound too incredible to believe, even when they are real, like in this case. The house, as I mentioned before is quite old, and must have been re-constructed.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Roxanne,
I will not discount the paranormal experiences you have related to us, but there are some items that need clarification.
The child you are describing seems stranger in life than in death. How many six-year olds do you know? How many of them keep diaries? If what you are relating is authentic, you are dealing with the ghost of the most articulate six-year old ever. Every kid is different... But yours seems a little too different.

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
HazMan - gotta say, I'm with you on this. Too much of it seems unbelievable. I liked the first two parts, but this one now has me questioning the first two. Roxanne, my sincerest apologies if your stories are true, but this part is a bit much.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
I'm starting to question the credibility of your story. The way Marie confronted you seemed a bit theatrical, especially the whole bloody handprint bit. I find it rather strange that neither of her parents would wake. I also think that if Marie did die in the fire, it was due to smoke inhalation, being that she took shelter in the attic... So why the bloody handprint? She should have presented herself as charred beyond recognition. Finally, if the fire managed to reach the attic and burn Marie and her belongings, I'd think that much of the structural integrity of the house would have been compromised- especially the parts nearest to where the fire started, and that would include that window.

I think you should've left your story as it was. This was just too good to be true. But that's just my opinion.
TelikoNightmare (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
How did you know she went into the attic while the house was burning? Did she write that in her diary while she was escaping the flames and smoke?

Cool story nonetheless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: