You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Different Glimpse At The Wold

Real Ghost Stories

A Different Glimpse At The Wold

 

I was very young (only about 10) when I began to need glasses. I wore them full time, although the doctor told me not to do so because it would make the disease (however, by then I didn't need much focus) get worse. I'm glad I paid no attention to her words.

The first time something eerie happened was while I was playing with my friend on her front yard. We sat on a bench, looking around the street. I noticed my glasses were dirty, so I removed and wiped them. I looked to the side, facing a house, when all of a sudden; I saw a white, fog-like figure shaped much like a human, crossing the street, coming towards us. Now, you might thing it's normal, just my eyes playing tricks on me because I'm used to wearing the glasses all the time, but it was obvious that it was something else, and, like I said, I don't need much focus. I slipped my glasses back on, at first thinking it was just my eyes, but right when I placed them back on, the figure was gone. I urged for her to follow me inside, and once there I told her what had happened.

Just a few weeks later, my younger sister began telling me that she had horrible nightmares were a dark figure covered her and wouldn't let her wake up. Normally, I wouldn't believe a word of what she said, but I figured it could be true. After all, I do recall some nights were she would cry and complain in her sleep. A few nights after she told me of her nightmares, her nights of crying in her sleep where back.

I woke up quietly, being a light sleeper. Slowly and cautiously, I reached for the light switch, flipped it to 'on' and turned my attention to my sister. She was swaying and complaining, yet her eyes were closed in a deep sleep. I looked up and, to my surprise, saw the same figure that scared my sister. It was moving from bedpost to bedpost, then stopped and looked down at my sister. I was so startled I screamed, waking up my sister, who sat up alarmed and looked around, clearly confused.

I proceeded to tell her everything, thinking that maybe glasses do block my 6th sense.

Other hauntings by Roxanne090

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Roxanne090, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CAyer (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
You said that you saw a white figure, but your sister saw a dark one. Is that the one you saw over her? I've dreamed about certain creatures. Misty is the only word I can use to describe their bodies, but instead of faces they wore white masks. Occasionally I see them from the front, but normally they attack from the back. I plan to write about them later. They will try to prevent you from waking up.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Roxanne090,
Thank you for responding. It was just one of my running weirdo theories that pop up now and then. I hope I didn't insult you by bringing it up. I was just gathering information and did not intend to spell it out with out seeing your answer to the question.
However, your experience was very intriguing to me. And I do believe you saw what you say you did. The only possible reason I can think for the misty quality of what you saw is it that the spirit may not have possessed the energy or experience it might need to manifest fully.
Well, it's all just theory anyway, you know what you saw, and that's all that matters.

Jav
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I'm sorry I haven't been able to log in for a while, but I am definatey not far-sigted, but near sighted
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
[at] DA,
What I'm getting at is the first time the o|p witnessed what was perceived as paranormal was when she/he had removed their glasses. And that time what was perceived was only shapes/mists, nothing with a sharp outline. So, if this person is far-sighted, it would make sense that it only happened with the glasses off. In the first case the mist was approaching them where they sat on the bench in the daylight hours when the o|p had removed said glasses. This is another problem that I suffer with because of my far-sightedness, sensitivity to the light. My uncle was also far-sighted and had the same complaint. Especially bright or reflected light is processed differently anyway, but more so when our glasses are off. It's not as easy to explain to others, is what I'm finding out, so I'm going to just drop it. If you really want to know, I agree with you both. So my explanation to the o|p about what may have caused the vision of the mist will go no further.

Jav
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Jav,

I'm sorry, I don't think I'm following. I understand the difference between near- and far-sighted, but how does that effect the story here? Unless you're suggesting the author's prescription was wrong and that caused her to see these figures...

I have to agree with b-girl, I think it's possible that the second experience was paranormal but the first one sounds iffy. It could have been your eyes adjusting to the focus change, smudges on your lenses, etc.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
I'm looking for anyone else besides myself, that is far-sighted. They just aren't as easy to find, anywhere it seems, as near-sighted people are.
I don't see things much differently than any others who have to wear corrective lenses. The little things are that the shape of the eye is different, more round. But what I'm talking about is how light refracts in the eyes. Far-sighted people's eyes actually refract the outside light from the rear of the eye, inside. Whereas other peoples eyes refract from the retina. Things nearby are blurry, farther away they come into sharper focus. Without the glasses, things go out of focus the closer to me they are. Say, something across the lawn or in the same room at night in the dark.
Do you see what I'm getting at?

Jav
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Jav: yes, I know the difference quite well... I am near-sighted with an astigmatism in both eyes. What does that have to do with it though?
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Hey Roxanne090, I was also thinking that night terrors could contribute to the nightmares as I was reading the story. Glasses blocking "6th sense" doesn't make much sense to me, as I wear glasses all the time (probably why my sight has detoriated so far). But, in a way it does kind of make sense, as when I have my glasses off, like last night, Spirits can come out and "play". Basically, last night, a Spirit that I couldn't see was playing with my bedroom door.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Roxanne - how old was your younger sister at the time this occurred? Sometimes little kids have night terrors that have nothing to do with anything paranormal.

I'm just thinking it might be possible that your little sister might have been having normal nightmares, which may have influenced your mind into thinking that you saw what she saw in her nightmares. Nighttime can be a scary time anyway for kids (and adults LOL) and when your little sister tells you she had a nightmare about something...Well, the mind is a very powerful thing.

You also didn't mention whether or not you had your glasses on when you went into her bedroom.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
Ok ladies,
DA, I know you wear glasses. Are you near sighted? Most people are, that wear glasses. But do you know the difference between near sighted and far sighted?

Jav
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
The glasses question becomes even more interesting in the last two paragraphs, where you saw something over your sister. I'm guessing you didn't have your glasses on then, yet you saw the dark figure that confirmed your sister's fears. Is it possible that your first account was not paranormal while your second acount was? It's easy to get confused, I suppose. I still don't think glasses would block a persons sensitivity, unless they were some sort of blessed glasses of protection.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
I, too, have worn glasses and witnessed creepy/unexplainable/essentially paranormal occurances with them on... I don't really see how that would block your ability to sense things, regardless of whether or not you could see them. What, if you don't mind me asking, is this disease that your glasses are said to make worse?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
Roxanne090,
Are you near-sighted or far-sighted? This may not mean anything to anyone else, it does to me. Please answer my question when you get a chance.

Thank you,
Jav
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
ghostgirl474: Please read the "Comments Guidelines" at the bottom of the page... You must be 13 years old to comment or submit a story... There are other sites geared to your age group... Too many of the stories on this site are inappropriate for you to be exposed to, and I'm sure your parents would agree...

Hope to see you back in about 4 years...
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Hmm... BadJuJu has a point. But everyone's different. Maybe glasses do block your 6th sense... It's all about your experiences, experiments and patterns. If you saw what was distressing her, maybe it's an individual thing that glasses smudge your sight for apparitions. As a whole, I can see why people would doubt this, however, since it's very impractical to base judgment on something so faulty... But again, humans are so diverse, it's complicated to judge wholly.

So, keep experimenting. It could be human error (we all have it) or, it could be an individual gift.

Thanks for sharing this interesting experience.
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
I totally agree with Bacchaegrl and badjuujuu. When you were watching this happening did you not say it to your friend then and there considering she was sitting next to you and possibly seen it to or did you just presume she wouldn't.?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
I don't think glasses would have much affect on whether or not you can see apparitions. I wear glasses, and if the amount of strange things I've seen is any indication, glasses do not prevent seeing manifestations. I don't trust the things I think I see with my glasses off, it's only with them on that I trust what I see. With them off, everything looks strange and I can't accurately say what I'm looking at. Not trying to be difficult, but if your vision is less than perfect, what you see with your glasses off is easy for others to dismiss. It may very well be real, but it's going to be tough to convince most people of the sighting simply because of your vision being imperfect.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
What do you mean you don't need much focus. Does that pertain to your actual eyesight, your state of mind, or your sixth sense? Why would you not listen to your doctor if doing something would make your condition worse? Why would your glasses take away your sixth sense? Do you even have a sixth sense? I've never heard of glasses doing that before. Do you think this all happened because you didn't listen to your doctor?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: