You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Girl In Grandma's House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Girl In Grandma's House

 

Because the setting in which the story takes place is new to you, I shall explain the house's structure. Upon entering, there is a small living room, with a hallway at the right. At the end of the hall is the door to the master bedroom. To the right side of the hall are a pair of doors with small windows leading to the kitchen. The doors must be pushed onto the kitchen to be opened. Once in the kitchen, if you turn to your left, there is a door leading to a good sized room, which has a door to the bathroom and a door leading to the backyard.

We visit my Grandmother regularly (usually once every week) and sometimes stay for a day or two. On one occasion, I walked into the kitchen (the double doors were opened) and overheard a conversation between my mom and Grandmother. They talked in a serious tone about a supposed ghost girl haunting the house. Interested in everything paranormal, I sat next to my mom, who was across the table from my Grandmother. I listened more, just breaking into their conversation.

Grandmother proceeded to say that the girl would usually turn on the TV on the living room late at night, or that Grandmother's jewelry would randomly disappear, only to be found neatly placed over everything else in the jewelry box after a few days or even an entire week. Grandmother then said that even my cousin, my two aunts, and uncle would also experience encounters with the girl, such as giggling right in their ears, or finding their things misplaced in locations where they had searched before.

I was unsure about believing or not, but then again, knowing Grandmother, she would never joke around about things like that. In this case, mother and I were to stay here for the rest of the day and four days more since father was still at work.

During the night, I felt someone fiddling with my hair. The force wasn't pulling, it was rather soothing, so I didn't mind much. By the next day, I could feel a strong, sorrowful force. Now I was sure that the girl was, indeed, roaming the house. I felt it was a young child, but still couldn't quite figure out the cause of her death. I decided to talk to Grandmother and see if she knew why the ghost had begin to haunt the house so suddenly. Grandmother explained that the ghost girl had previously inhabited the house across from Grandmother's, however, the people living there had moved away recently, and the girl, afraid of being alone once again, moved over here. I felt heartbroken at hearing this, and was wiling to help her, if only I knew how.

That night, I was outside on the rocking chairs with my mom and two aunts. We came back inside for about half an hour and then came back out. A man who would regularly pass by, offering corn, popsicles, and other treats came by. We bought some things as he asked who the little girl that was sitting outside the house, alone, about twenty minutes ago was. We gave him a confused look, as we all knew that I was the only girl in this house. We shrugged it off and went back inside for some sleep, since it was getting rather late.

The next day, we were all awoken by my 13 year old cousin's frigthened shriek. He had just gotten out of the shower, pointing at his towel, sprawled on the floor, with a scorpion crawling over it. When we asked him what happened, he said that something (or someone) had pulled off his towel (yet he was the only one in the room), and that's when he saw the scorpion. Grandfather killed the scorpion as I interfered with my cousin and Grandmother's discussion. Grandmother suggested that the girl had saved my cousin from the scorpion, even if it meant making herself known.

On the third day of my stay, we spent the day away from the house, but on the last day, I was helping Grandmother cook while suddenly, the kitchen doors burst open and began swaying. There was no way the air could have been moving the doors in such a hot day. The doors begin to move in a rythmic pattern, swaying and then closing, then slowly opening and closing. I turned to Grandmother, who was seemingly not concerned about what was happening, until she said, in a gentle voice,"Leave that door alone this instant, Miss,".

I wish to help her, and I apologize for the story being so long, but I want to know how I can help her cross to the other side.

Other hauntings by Roxanne090

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Roxanne090, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Great story! No need to apologize for the length. The longer stories tend to be the better ones.

I agree with Rook. I think that she has chosen to stay in the physical realm. You don't seem to be afraid of her. So, talk to her as if she were a living person. Say 'hi' next time she makes her presence known. Leave a pen and paper out and available and ask her to write her name. She might not do it right away, but you might get an answer after a few hours or the next day.

Then, you can call her by her name and ask her other questions. Yes or no questions would be easiest since you can ask her to simply knock to answer them. Or if she shows herself to you, she can simply nod.

Try communicating with her and keep us posted. Thanks for sharing.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Or more than likely a Mass can be said for the lost soul. I recommend talking to a local priest about that.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Roxanne,

The Spirit you are describing sounds intelligent and as such may not need to 'move on'. Let me explain...

The things you are describing sound as if the 'Girl' is looking for a bit of recognition... And like she is watching over your Grandmother and Grandfathers home. It also sounds as is this 'Girl' has chosen to do this... You stated that your Grandmother said she 'moved' across the street when the neighbors moved away... Which suggests to me that not only is this an intelligent haunting, but that the Spirit has chosen to be here.

If this girl was 'earth bound'...because of unfinished business... Sudden death... Any reason you can think of that may 'hold' a Spirit to a location... Then she would be just that... Bound to the LOCATION... In this case the home across the street... Your Grandmother has told you that the 'Spirit' moved from across the street... This is the clue that says who ever this 'Girl Spirit' is she chose to return to Earth, for what ever reason.

With the recent 'events' you report, she may be seeking recognition for 'saving' your cousin. This and the fact that he may be starting 'puberty' may be putting enough 'energy' into the atmosphere at your Grandmother's house and this has made it easier for this 'Spirit' to manifest.

I hope that makes some sort of sense... You may want to attempt an EVP session, or maybe a 'wall knocking' session... Ask questions and have the spirit knock once for yes, twice for no... Have your questions prepared in advance. You may want to do some research on the home across the street, maybe you can find out who this Spirit may be.

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, pleas keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
hannaho11 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
do a cleansing or maybe try to talk to her through EVP's or maybe get a medium in?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: