You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Still Stands By The Window 2

Real Ghost Stories

She Still Stands By The Window 2

 

This is the second part of my other story," She Still stands by the Window". In order to get a better understanding of this story, please read the first one.

I was packing up my stuff for college. I just needed to go ahead and get the rest of my things from the attic. I began packing up and occasionally stopped to look at a few memories that would catch my attention. Ever since the morning, I had been up here, searching for items to take with me, so I eventually covered the entire attic as I searched. In one of the corners, below dozens of cardboard boxes was a small, wooden box. In the front, the name MARIE was written in fancy, golden print.

The box had what seemed to be burn marks, and part of it was completely wrecked, but I went ahead and opened it. Inside was a book (apparently a diary) that was in a condition probably as bad as the box. At the very bottom of the box was a doll (or at least that's what I THINK it was) which was in a deformed shape, also with burn marks that were worse than those of the box and diary.

I put the doll and box down and looked at the diary. It was dusty and had the same name, MARIE in the same script as the box. I flipped through the pages - some of them were burned so bad they fell to ashes as I touched them. Others had edges or other places burned, and some more were halfway burned. Every page had at least one minor part that was burned. I decided to take it, along with my stuff, the box, and the doll.

Now, I was heading out the front door and towards my car. I saw something so strange that it will sound like pure nonsense. I placed my things and bags at the back of my car and was about to open the door and head in, when I turned to the tree that the ghost girl had been staring at and saw a small, red flare.Fire.But how? Wouldn't I've smelled the smoke? Wouldn't I've smelled the burning tree? I blinked several times with a frown, and it was all gone!

Now, I opened the door of my car, but stopped when I heard a loud banging sound. I turned to the infamous window, where I thought the sound was emerging. Sure enough, the ghost girl I had seen was banging frantically on the window where I had previously seen her. When she knew she got my attention, the ghost pointed to the tree where I thought I saw the flames. I turned, and smelled the burning wood. There, I saw the fire had extended greatly. It was spreading over to the window and I saw as the girl inhaled the fumes and smoke, then she held her throat and died.

I decided to go in and take a look. I saw no little girl, but there were small hand-marks from where she had been banging. My sister, oh it couldn't have been her... She wasn't at the house at that time.

Other hauntings by Roxanne090

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Roxanne090, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Thirdeyenz (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Yeah definitely don't use a ouija board, bad news those things.
Another angle, if she's afraid of the light, is to ask her to look for a relative that has passed over to help her and guide her. They will be able to help her cross over but I believe she has to look for them or ask for them, or maybe you can ask for their help. Worth a shot. Good of you to get involved, we need more people like you who don't freak out at spirits. The dead are people too:-)
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
You're going to have to convince her that she no longer has anything to fear. You mentioned that she's afraid of the light, correct? Then she's seen it. She has to step into and move on.
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
I will try to make contact with her and try my best to get her to move on. I don't really think it will be a good idea to involve my little sister in this because she says that the girl will turn evil and make us die the same death she did (she perished in a fire) if we ask her to go where she belongs. My sister claimed that the girl wants help, to go to heaven finally, but the problem is that she wants a friend to take with, for she is scared of the light she sees, thinking it is fire.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
Roxanne090 - were you able to find out anything from Marie's diary or were all the pages in such bad shape?

I really don't think you need to use a ouija board to communicate with Marie. Obviously you and your sister can see her and she is making an effort to communicate with you.

My suggestion, for what it's worth, is for you and your sister (if she's willing and comfortable) to sit down in the attic with Marie and just talk to her. If it were me, I'd use a recording device and explain to her what you were doing and why. Be friendly, just as if you were 3 friends sitting around chatting. It's worked for me.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I wouldn't suggest using the ouija board only because it's incredibly easy for a malevolent entity to pose as a harmless being and then wreak havoc. Try to make contact without the use of any such tools. It's just a precaution.
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I think I will try to make contact with her, since me and my sister, who says Marie means no harm, can see her. I'll try not to ask many questions, just whatever is necessary to find out about her era, death, family etc. I also thought that she died in a fire, and I decided to keep the stuff I found in the attic with me because something just told me to take them cause they had to do with the young ghost I had seen. After I do the little "interview" with her, I'll go ahead and post what I've learned from her and the history of the house. I, thought don't know if I should just... Talk to her or contact her with a Ouija board... Which some may classify as a really bad idea.
Thirdeyenz (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I agree with dreamergal72, she needs to be told to go towards the light as it can't be nice trapped in between realms like that, re-living your death. If you need help on how to do that let me know.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
she may had died in a fire and need go to the light, she might need some help from you.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
Disturbing. The first thing that would've come to my mind upon seeing those burned items is that Marie had died in the fire. What compelled you to take those things with you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: