You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Corners

Real Ghost Stories

The Corners

 

This happened just a few weeks ago, before Christmas. We are a normal family. My mom, dad and me and our two cats, Trouble and Shadow, and one dog-Ammo. I have been suffering from terrible headaches and no medication seems help. Because of these headaches I have been home a lot, with all of our animals in my room with me. I now stay downstairs and this is why.

I would be asleep in my bedroom when I would be woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of things being moved around in my room. I didn't dare move or show any sign I was awake. I felt whatever it was would be hurt me. When I would wake up in the morning around five, again from terrible head pain I would have to get up and put books and things back on the shelves.

My parent's had left for work one morning so I was on my own with my cats and dog. The cats were sound asleep somewhere in my room and my dog was snuggled up next to me under the blankets. For some reason this particular morning the animals all woke up at the same time. The dog jumped out of the blankets sat with the cats starring at a corner of my room. Either the front right or front left. Now I thought at first they had just heard something outside, but my dog didn't bark and he barks at anything outside. The cats, who can't stand being too close to the dog, were sitting peacefully next to him. They just stared at the corner. Eventually they stopped starring and were back to normal the love/hate relationship most cats and dogs have.

At bed time Ammo (our dog) again come into my room. (The cats are kept in the basement at night) and he sat in front of the corner. If you picked him up he would snap out of it for a moment, and then go back to the corner. If you got close to the corner he would wine, and if you poked him toward the corner he would freak out. We were very gentle, but he just didn't want to be near that corner. This went on for days, until I started to stay downstairs during the day. Now the only thing that happens is my dog and the corner facing of every night, then him trying to sleep with me at night-always with him facing the corner.

Other hauntings by Tabbie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tabbie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sreh (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
This same thing happened to me but it didn't move anything and it was visible. It would stand in the corner of my room and stare at me all night. It is a tall black, skinny, red eyed creature and it would whisper my name. Can anyone help me? 😕 😭
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Hi Tabbie...
Animals can act strange, is it possible there is an animal in the wall or the floor in that location? Could be paranormal too.

About your migranes...
Nothing showed up on a scan so... Here are some other avenues to pursue. I used to get migranes, and I discovered when I ate fake sugar (Equal, Sweet n' Low) it gave me migranes. I knew someone who got migranes from eating apples. You might want to check up on allergies, and get some tests done. Also if that doesn't help you might have low levels of radon gas leaking into the house, or a low level gas leak, or even high EMF's. I would probably try the allergy tests before checking for radon etc... I hope you feel better, because having migranes is really terrible!

Good luck! ❤ ❤ ❤
Tabbie (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-27)
Hi again! Everyone has been really nice:) and worried about my head. So I thought I would give you all some more info: we have had scans, nothing showed up. We have tried a lot of different meds, even going into the ER, that didn't help either. I am having chills and hot flashes with my headaches, but no, I haven't had a fever. (I have never had a fever in my life even when I am really sick and should have one) No recent new things- but a lot of REALLY old things. (we collect civil war items but no new ones recently) thanks again! ❤ ❤ ❤
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi Tabbie,
Thank you for sharing your story:)
Well, my advise, before trying anything (sensor, evp, camera) would be: get rid of your migraines. Were you under pressure lately, at work or somewhere else? Does the migraine come with fever?
You said meds did not help you. Did you tried an anti-inflammatory medication? I'm thinking about Naproxen (or Anaprox). It might be worth a look for you...

Take care:)
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
I saw Dr. Oz the other day and he was talking about sudden headaches being a sign of possible brain aneurysm. You might want to think of a scan.
Tabbie (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the comments! I do have a history of migraines and have meds for that-but those don't work either. It has been rather the same in my room, but now there is a ticking noise, and nothing in my room ticks, I would like to try some of the voice recording, I would just need to find one. The headaches are the same. Oh! There was a face in my room this morning I couldn't see a lot but I think It was male. Thanks for all your help!
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Hi, Tabbie! Like the other posters have said, it would be a good idea to set up a camera that can record video, and it might also be beneficial to take some EVP's, which you can do with a voice recorder, or once again, a camera that can record videos.

Pets can be very receptive to paranormal instances. Keep note of your pets' behavior when a notable odd occurrence happens.

Also, with the headaches, you mentioned that medication hasn't been helping. How would you rate the pain levels of the headaches, and are there other things involved, like nausea, sensitivity to light, smell, and of course, sound? You may have migraines, which tend to trump the affects of low dose pain medication. I would recommend looking into that, for sure. I hope you feel better.

Thanks for sharing, and keep us updated!

Au Revior. 😊 ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Im in agreement with Vulcan on this one, if you are still having these headaches definitely get it checked out. So all these events started when you first got these headaches am I correct? Your pets are a good example that something is definitely occuring continue to watch how they behave they are very sensitive and intune with the spiritual world. Have you recently aquired something, a material possesion perhaps?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Pets are very perceptive. I agree to set up video so you could see any activity. Hope the headaches get taken care of.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
If materials actually moved in your room that could easily be picked up on motion sensors which could activate short bursts of recording time on a camcorder. You should try it. Or a voice activated recorder, or both even. Something. Hows your headaches doing? That's not normal. Maybe your parents should take you to a proffesional, it could be something that needs to be taken care of now.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: