You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Knocking

Real Ghost Stories

Knocking

 

My name is Conor. I live in a 2 storey house and my room is on the top floor. There are 3 other rooms along the hallway outside my room. A spare room, my sister's room and a bathroom. I'm going to get straight to the point. This happened about 10 minutes ago.

It was just past 12 and I was on my laptop when suddenly nature called. I had my earphones in and music playing so I hadn't heard any noises inside the house. I pulled out my earphones, jumped out of bed and started heading towards my door when I noticed a knocking sound that seemed to be coming from down the hall. Maybe downstairs, I don't know, couldn't really place it. All I know is I got scared. I just told myself it was probably one of our dogs or the cat something normal. I braced myself, opened the door and the knocking stopped. I can tell you I was relieved. I went to the toilet and then came out into the hallway when the knocking started again. This time it was down the hall at the end just next to the stairs. I stood there staring and waiting to see the cat when the knocking started moving along the wall towards me. Now I wouldn't call myself a coward but I'm ashamed to say I squealed like a little girl and sprinted down the hall, jumped into my room and slammed the door. The knocking stopped after that. I don't plan on sleeping tonight though. And the lights are staying on.

Thanks for reading. Also I would like to add that this may have occurred because my friends and I decided it would be fun to play with a Ouija Board not too long ago. May have been a mistake. Cheers, Conor.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anzac_biscuit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Hi anzac_biscuit. It's really hard to say what it could have been. If there were other things going on, then it may be a little easier to determine what it could possibly be. Even when there are a lot of the weird things going on at what time, you are still left with your hands up in the air wondering and unable to rationalize it. I know you said that you investigated and there is just insulation in the wall, but it could have possibly been a pipe in another wall vibrating, making it appear to be in that particular wall. I don't know for sure, obviously because I was not there, but I would not worry too much about it unless other bizarre things start happening. I would suggest NEVER to play with the Ouija board because it is NOT a toy. It does not even matter if you played at someone else's house the spirit/s can and will follow you home. Not saying that this is wHAT has happened with you. Don't start freaking yourself out thinking that a spirit followed you home or is in your home. I agree with PestilentPixie, never summon anything to you because you really don't know what your are getting. Most people who play the Ouija do not know how to open and, especially important, close the sessions so that no "doors" would be left open. Keep us posted and thank you for sharing.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
I have never played with a ouija-board but I would take very fine care of trying to summon anything to yourself because you never know what you are going to get. Thanks for sharing. And never be ashamed to say that you were frightened or ashamed of your actions when scared. I have been sent screaming out of fear its normal and natural.
anzac_biscuit (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
The next day, when it was nice and light, I did a little investigation and apparently all that's in the wall is insulation. Plus, I've never heard the sound before (or since) I'm not really sure what it was. I hope it was just an animal crawling through the wall or something. But at night when I submitted this, it seemed like something was out there hahah
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
As always, I'm in agreement with Zzsgranny. Go with the most mundane explanation first, debunking as much as possible. As for the ouija board, they can be blamed a lot of times for things that may have happened were none around.Still, I urge caution when using one. It's nature is so random that one can't possibly know with whom or what you are communicating.
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Yeah...leave the Ouija-board alone. Did you use it in your house?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
anzac: I agree with Drizzi, it could have been the pipes... Just be aware of further happenings... Try to document what you experience, that way you can tell if it's a haunt or something explainable...

Drizzi: LOL 😆...Even the most seasoned of us run away screaming like little girls sometimes!...No shame in telling the truth... 😆 😆
Drizzi (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
I think it was probably just your heat turning on or something. Also you shouldn't tell people that you squealed like a little girl and ran haha 😆 just a suggestion. You should lie and say you stood up to it. LIke I said before it was probably your heat or water pipes making that noise, you have nothing to worry about.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Perhaps the ouija board brought something into your home. Maybe it was just this one time, but if other things start to happen, maybe you should bring a medium to start with and see who it is. Maybe the knockings is a way for him/her to try to comunicate? Be careful, and don't play with ouija-boards! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: