You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Just Some Weird Stuff Happening To Me

Real Ghost Stories

Just Some Weird Stuff Happening To Me

 

I wanted to know if you guys could explain these sequence of events. This has all started in the past couple of years, but my house has never shown any activity before and we're not built by any place that is haunted.

1. I was upstairs watching a movie and the stair light started flicking on and off. I stared at it doing this for 30 seconds, and then it turned off. It could have been my dad messing with me but I didn't hear any footsteps.

2. I went into my kitchen to let my dogs out of their cage so they could go outside. As I was walking I went pass the hallway leading to the bedrooms. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a black figure standing there like military fashion with the legs a little apart and arms at the side of the legs, fists clenched.

3. I was in my room watching a series on my computer, everything was quiet. Then out of nowhere I hear this loud "SHH".I turned around, the only thing in there besides me was a cat and dog both asleep.

4. I was eating a quick bite on the counter in the kitchen when I heard this deep breathing somewhere near me. I was alone besides begging animals; my dad was in parent's room watching something.

And now sometimes I see shapes and blurry figures, once coming out of the bathroom I looked down the hall and saw lower part of legs walking past the entry way. And sometimes when I look behind me I see blurry shapes or what not disappear. I kind of feel like I'm being watched sometimes too.

So I need some help in this, figuring out whether it's me or something else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MyNameIs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Namistar (1 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-09-29)
Actually,something like that happened to me recently in my bathroom and in my bed room I heard heavy breathing beside me. 🙄
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
MyNameIs - I just want to add one thing to everything already said. You said "we're not built by any place that is haunted." I assume you meant "publicly known haunted." Lots of people, actually MOST people, don't announce that their home is haunted. It really makes it difficult to sell a piece of property, whether it's a house, commercial building, vacant property, whatever if people admit it's haunted. Most "normal" (LOL) people will not buy something that is haunted😆

So, you might actually be living right next door to something that IS haunted. Just keep that in mind, okay?
missykat52 (3 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-01-26)
Maybe you need a shot or two... Lmfao. Good luck ❤

P.S if you really do take my shot advice... Buy me one LOL 😊
Miriam (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
No offense, but everything you've described can easily be explained. I don't think there's anything paranormal going on. Animals make weird sounds and so do appliances. When your standing in your kitchen, there's no telling what you heard. My fridge sounds like it snores. Light bulbs sometimes burn out and if they are screwed in sideways, the element could be detached but still bumping up against the other side and causing the light to come on or flicker. But your light bulb would need to be sideways for that to happen. I think fear can cause all sorts of things. Also, some people have what's called "floaties" in their eye's that could account for the "out of the corner of my eye" sightings. Good luck:)
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-25)
Thank you for sharing your story and voicing your concerns. I too, like others who have left comments believe that the phenom you have been experiencing could be psychic memories of the antiques collected. As for the Shh sound and the lights flickering its human nature to be frightened by small things but it has also been scientifically proven that ghosts or other energies can interfer with electrical subsideries. Since we, your readers, weren't there to feel what you did its hard for us to explain what could have been happening because as you are probably already well aware by now it is much easier to point and discourage someone elses experiences without feeling them for ourselves. I believe that you know what you felt and heard so I will not try to debunk your encounters with questions that I will should never ask. What's the old saying, until you've walked a mile in another man's shoes? A question for you though if you don't mind, how do your animals act when the encounters have taken place. Were they overly aggressive or nervous? Animals tend to be more receptive and sensitive to strange things. Maybe you should do some research of the antiques in your home maybe there is a story there that you need or want to know about the bobbles.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Hi,I find myself wondering about your fathers collection of antiques. Some things, especially antiques, can prove to be problematic (paranormally speaking). Could any of these be considered "war trophies"?I only ask because I'm a little concerned about the shadow's clenched fists.
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Not saying that something might be going on here, but sometimes our minds play tricks on us about hearing things and seeing things. You stated that you saw this figure out of the corner of your eye. Shadows of certain objects can look like a human figure especially out of the corner of the eye and not straight on. Animals do sometimes make weird noises when they sleep that could be confused with a "shh...". Being a former electrician, lights flickering and going off could be a variety of things. Did they come back on? Did you turn them back on? Was the switch flipped? Did breaker kick off? Did bulb burn out? Could have been a short or overloaded circuit. Could be somebody watching you and may not necessarily be a bad thing.
MyNameIs (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Drizzi- no it wasn't my dad, he was in Illinois or somewhere working.
Drizzi (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
The legs you saw in the hallway might have been your dad. Maybe you didn't know that he was home and he just came in real quick to get something?
MyNameIs (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Vulcan-we only cage our animals when were not home, both my dog and cat were sleeping in my room. And the "SHH" that I heard sounded more like it would come from a human then an animal
My dad is a former military engineer, we have a lot of antique stuff in our house from overseas and family.

What still isn't explained is the figure in the hallway.
Drizzi (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
I think this is just you, no offense or anything. The light flickering can easily be debunked because it could just be that the light isn't screwed on tight enough. The "SHH..." like vulcan said it could have been one of your animals taking a deep breath or something along those lines. As for the figures, something might actually be there but with me I like to think that it's your mind playing tricks on you. One thing I can tell you though, if something is in your house it hasn't harmed you so you should just shrug it off and keep moving.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-24)
Why is your dog kept in a cage,"in the house" if you don't want him roaming the house just put him outside. It's terrible to put an animal in a small confined area that should be roaming. That could piss a spirit off. It would mine. And I've heard my cat "shhh..." in his sleep. But come to think of it, it could have been a fart since it did get kind of stinky afterward. And as far as where your house is built, you have no idea what might have gone on there in the past before the land was settled. Could have been a holy ground, or had violent events take place there, no telling. Have you or your dad brought any recently aquired furniture or other items into the house that may have had a previous owner?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: