You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostly Fight Guest

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Fight Guest

 

During the evening hours of November 9th, 1996, I was over my cousin's place to watch the Tyson-Holyfield fight on PPV. We were going to sleep on the reclining chairs after the fight, so we were going to be out in the living room all night. After the fight got over, we were all tired, so we decided to go to sleep. I was only 11 at the time, so 1:00 in the morning was VERY early for me.

Between 2:30 and 3:00 in the morning, I heard the toilet flush. I didn't really think anything of it, considering the fact that a) my uncle is a plumber, b) it was either my brother or 1 of my 2 cousins, and c) the bathroom is right next to my uncle's bedroom, so I thought it was either him or someone in my family. Thinking nothing of it, I tried going back to sleep, but me and my 11-year-old self, I had to use the can almost right after hearing the water run for a minute.

When I sat up, I saw (Scouts Honor) a person standing about 10 feet away from me. I just stood there, not making a sound, unable to move, and basically, scared shiatless! EVERYTHING was visible: the face, beard, hands, hell, even a watch he was wearing could be seen. He looked at me for about 6 seconds and walked to his left and down a spiral-staircase into my uncle's basement, where his brother-in-law and sister were living. Needless to say, the bathroom wasn't exactly needed after that experience hahaha.

The next morning, we all woke up and I asked my uncle about the ghost and if he had seen it before. He never noticed anything, nor did my cousin's. I tried telling my mother and father about it, but they thought I had watched a Friday the 13th movie or something like that and thought it as a nightmare.

A few weeks later, my uncle had put his house up for sale. He had a whole history of the house printed up by the Real Estate office that had sold him the house, the office that was selling the house did one as well, hell, he even had any police reports of that house done as well. Turns out, back in the 80's, a man had accidentally killed himself when he tripped down the spiral staircase.

It took my uncle almost a year and a half to sell his house, but in the meantime, he and his wife had seen the ghost I was talking about.

They got so scared, they took their 1 year old son away from there in fear the ghost might be dangerous. Nothing physically violent ever happened with anyone in that house by the ghost. A priest came by and blessed the house, and the ghost was seen only a few more times since then.

As a joke nowadays, whenever I go by my uncle's new place, I always have a bible with me, just as an incase hahaha.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Justin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-29)
Thank you for sharing your story with us Justin. I enjoyed reading it. Funny joke to play on your uncle.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: