You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Rebecca's Apartment Guest

Real Ghost Stories

Rebecca's Apartment Guest

 

I have another true story to share with you that began last summer when a young woman named Rebecca moved into an apartment which is located next door to my house in Pointe-Gatineau, Quebec, Canada.

One morning shortly after moving into her new place, Rebecca came over to my house and she was visibly scared and very upset. I invited her into my home and asked her to tell me what had happened to upset her so badly. She explained there was a heavy, wooden dining set in her kitchen from the 1970s that was already in her apartment when she moved in. Rebecca told me she was standing at the kitchen counter that morning, when the heavy, wooden, dining room chairs started flipping over on their own and sliding across the kitchen floor behind her. I went over to see the chairs overturned in the kitchen and I straightened everything out while trying unsuccessfully to find a logical explanation. It scared her half to death so I reassured her if anything else happened in her apartment she was welcome to come over to my house at any time if she was frightened, which seemed to calm her down.

A couple of days after the chair incident, Rebecca came over to say she found her large refrigerator had toppled over onto the kitchen floor that morning, which was perfectly level. She looked at me and asked, "If it's strong enough to flip a fridge, what can it do to me"? This particular incident scared her very badly and with good reason, I might add.

A week or so after the fridge incident, she came running over again in a panic and asked me to come to her place right away to look at her T.V. And her lamp! We ran over to her apartment and we both witnessed the television turning on and flipping through all the channels before turning itself off. There was a lamp in the corner of her living room that turned on and off on its own, as well. I grabbed the T.V. Remote control and removed all the batteries. While the remote was in my hand without any batteries in it, the T.V. Turned itself on again and flipped through all the channels with the volume blaring loudly before finally shutting itself off. I put the remote down on her coffee table and thought, "LOVELY, HERE WE GO AGAIN", but I didn't say a word to Rebecca for obvious reasons (i.e. MELT DOWN!)

A few days after that, Rebecca came over first thing in the morning to tell me her bedroom door had opened on it's own the night before and she could hear footsteps walking up and down her long hallway outside her bedroom. At this point, she was in tears, exhausted and completely petrified of staying alone in her apartment. So, we both went over to Rebecca's apartment to have a look around, once again.

This time, however, I was very angry at "it". I stood in her hallway near her bedroom for a moment just listening and trying to figure out who/what the problem was and if I could get "it" to LEAVE HER HOME RIGHT NOW! Suddenly, to my surprise and to Rebecca's absolute horror, her closed bedroom door swung open very abruptly on it's own! I stood motionless and I heard a swooshing sound before I felt a slight breeze brush past me in the hallway as though someone had just walked by. "It" then continued down the hallway, through the living room and right up to the front door. Rebecca stared at me slack-jawed as we then both witnessed "it" push the door handle down on the screen door, open the door and SLAM it shut very hard on the way out. Rebecca looked like she was going to faint! We never actually saw anyone but we certainly witnessed someone or something leaving her apartment that day! I made light of it to try to reassure Rebecca that everything was going to be alright and that she was okay. I said, "Well Sweetie, whoever "it" is probably has more important business to take care of today because we both just saw "it" leave your house and walk out the front door! So, I think you're all good to go now but let know if anything else happens, okay?"

Months later, Rebecca confirmed "it" never did come back after that day but she has since moved out of that apartment. Of course, time will tell if that is truly the case, once the new tenants move in.

Thanks for reading!;)

Other hauntings by GSDLady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GSDLady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GSDLady (8 stories) (11 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
AugustaM,

I agree, it's entirely possible that this entity is attached to the land itself and may have amassed enough energy over the years to manifest itself the way it did.

Come to think of it, there is an interesting story about this property regarding the original owner Mr. Onesime Lafontaine and his neighbor Mr. Lachapelle that dates back to the late 1800s or early 1900s.

Apparently, one day Mr. Lafontaine's horse broke loose and completely destroyed their neighbor, Mr. Lachapelle's, garden. Mr. Lachapelle subsequently sued Mr. Lafontaine for the damages incurred. Apparently it took years to settle the matter in court and Mr. Lafontaine struggled to pay the legal fees. As a result, Mr. Lafontaine resorted to selling his land a few acres at a time in order to cover the outstanding debt until he had sold all of his property and basically lost his farm. If it's Onesime Lafontaine's spirit roaming this property, he would have had nearly 150 years to amass the amount of energy it would take to flip heavy wooden chairs and a large fridge. A likely candidate.

Another theory: Sadly, there are also two suicides which are linked to this house as explained in my previous post called (Come Here, Ruby 2). Perhaps one of these two spirits is still connected to this house and the building next door?

And a final theory: Rebecca's mother passed away when Rebecca was only 8 years old. However, at the time Rebecca was living in her apartment next door, she was dating this person who was not a very nice man (I am being tactful and diplomatic here). Perhaps, Rebecca's mother was trying to protect Rebecca from her boyfriend? Maybe it was Rebecca's mother who stormed out the door frustrated because we didn't understand what she was trying to communicate at that time? I am happy to say, Rebecca and her nasty boyfriend have since parted ways.:)

For now all is quiet in my old home. May they all finally rest in peace.

GSDLady 😊
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
Maybe the entity wasn't 'mean' but just terribly frustrated. Perhaps it had been lurking in that spot for years trying to get someone's attention, building up energy as the time passed, and had finally resorted to the most dramatic means it could muster. Then gave up and stormed out in exasperation when it realized the two of you weren't getting the message... Whatever its message might have been. Maybe a psychic would have more luck? A bit of research into the history of the area/land/building might help too.
GSDLady (8 stories) (11 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

The building is attached to the West side of my house. I have no idea if any of the previous tenants in Rebecca's apartment have experienced any paranormal activity. There are a total of three apartments in that building, but I have never asked the other tenants if they have had any paranormal experiences in their respective apartments.

Rebecca didn't take any photos or record any videos that I am aware of.

I agree, this entity was very strong indeed since it could flip wooden chairs and topple fridges. I am equally surprised that it just stormed past us and out the front door that day without putting up some sort of fight or completely trashing the apartment on the way out.

I truly hope that if it was human, he/she has found peace and moved into the light. If it was not human, I can only pray that it never returns to harm anyone. Once again, time will tell.

GSD Lady
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
GSD,

Regarding this particular apartment, have there been many other tenants who have experienced similar occurences?

Do you live in this apartment complex, or was Rebecca a friend of yours that you invited over, to help calm down?

Creepy,and I agree with Lady-Glow.If this entity was strong enough to open, close and slam doors, flip and move chairs, dump a fridge over, and move past you with enough force that you could feel and hear it, I honestly don't believe it would leave without enough force to stay away.

Not saying its not possible, but it would be more than likely it would come back.

I would have been terrified after seeing my chairs flip.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
GSDLady - That was certainly some scary stuff that your neighbour experienced and the aftermath which you saw.

My first impulse would more than likely have been to run, then probably after calming down, arrange for a blessing or cleansing of the apartment.

I would also have had a few words with the "intruder" but as lady-glow pointed out, this appears to have been a very strong entity and, I believe, rather mean, so by simply walking out the door at that stage I think there is every possibility that it would return, or possibly take up residence at somebody else's apartment nearby!

By the way, do you know of any similar events occurring at this specific apartment block?

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-02)
Rebecca wasn't the typical new neighbor knocking at your door just to ask for sugar, was she?

Did Rebecca have a chance to take a video or pictures of the events?
It was very rude from the spirit to flip the fridge, I hope it helped to put it back in place.

Are you aware if any of the previous tenants experienced the same disturbances as Rebecca while living in the apartment?

I'm surprised that an entity strong enough as to create such havoc would leave the place so easily and without putting up a fight. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: