You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Passover Guest?

Real Ghost Stories

A Passover Guest?

 

Here's a good one. I was born and raised Jewish and celebrate Passover as per tradition. For those not familiar to the story. Jewish people do not eat bread or any bread products for 8 days each April due to the suffering of their ancestors.

I had been so busy this week that I had forgotten to cleanse my house of all bread products as the tradition implies. There was a big bag of cookies (non-kosher for Passover) that I left out on my desk from before the holiday started. Slipping my mind that it was now Passover, I ate some out of this bag last night before bed. Thought nothing of the fact it was "cheating".

Fast forward to 5AM, I wake up to a bright light and a very mysterious sound. The sound was like a ringing in my ears, but a different kind of ring. It was almost like someone was blowing a tinny, high-pitched whistle in my head. Really can't explain it beyond that.

The light was from my PC computer screen. It was still pitch dark otherwise. I had closed my monitor at bedtime and the only way for it turn on would be for someone to sit down, turn the monitor box on which requires a bit of physical force, and then physically move the mouse at my desk. I live completely alone, and there was no external force that could have got the screen open. It made me sit up and definitely got my attention.

The first thought that came through my head is that this is a warning. I checked my heart rate, checked my throat for any possible obstruction. Nothing out of the ordinary, I'm fine.

Then I remembered the night before eating those cookies. Now it makes a lot of sense. It's possible that since my family was together for a seder meal, that this was a family member just checking in to remind me to keep kosher. Is that possible? Has anyone had that kind of whistling or ringing in their ears before as the sign of someone's presence?

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sherm784 (19 stories) (27 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-18)
CuriousDee,

Thank you for asking. What I felt when the ringing started was alarmed, didn't know what it meant.

But from all of you guys' responses I feel confident it was a visitation, someone telling me to pay attention.

Appreciate all you guys' feedback.
BettinaMarie (14 stories) (80 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-04-13)
Sherm-I really enjoyed this. How lucky to have ancestors that care enough to send you a message. There have been times I imagined my grandmas are glaring through the universe at me and my "sinfulness." They have yet to go to such lengths as the ancestor (s) in this experience. Thank you for sharing.
BM
Serenflipppity (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-11)
Hi Sherm

Never experienced nor heard of the whistling but I reckon if it were a relative, he/she was reminding you of your 'false start'.^n^

Hope you chucked the cookies.

Thanks for sharing. I especially appreciate learning about your Passover customs.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-11)
Hi Sherm,

I've had that ringing in my ears before. Usually, before it happens, I have that feeling/sound of an air pressure change. Everything becomes quiet and muffled, then the ringing starts and fades away shortly after. I do not have tinnitus.

How did you feel when the ringing started? For me I know to pay attention to what I'm doing, saying, or the place I'm in. For me, it's kind of a "pay attention" moment. I know it's the same for many others.

I would guess that someone wanted you to pay attention too, especially combined with the computer incident. If your gut says it's due to passover cheating, then it probably is. That's kind of funny to have a family member "bust you" though. 😊 It's proof they're paying attention more than we realize.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: