You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Be Killed Or Fight

Real Ghost Stories

Be Killed Or Fight

 

I've been reading some stories from Philippines about the aswang/ghouls, and I happen to have a experience with those night creatures.

I was 15 that time and my aunt (my mom's cousin) was 7 months pregnant with her first child. My aunt lived with me and my maternal grandparents since her husband was working in another city. There were 2 rooms in my grandparents' house. I occupied one and the other room was where my aunt sleep since my grandparents sleep in a bed in the kitchen since they said that it's cold there at night. The room I occupied was in front of the house and the one my aunt occupied was near the garage. One hundred meters from my grandparents' backyard is a forest.

One night I decided that I'll be sleeping with my aunt in her room. I just have a guts that I need to sleep with her that particular night. My aunt and her husband believes in aswang/ghouls who feeds on unborn childs, so my aunt always had a garlic and salt which they said that aswangs are scared of garlic and salt. She even have a machete beside her, a rosary from Vatican and a balisong (butterfly knife) under her pillow.

After we watched some dramas, we decided to sleep then since staying up late is not good for pregnant woman. At around 2.30 am I suddenly awake by a sound of "ik ik ik ik". I opened my eyes and I felt chills all over my body. It's not dark in the room since my aunt sleep with the night light on. Then the ik ik sounds again but it's not that loud, like it was from afar. Since I knew something about aswangs because of my aunt and her husband, I knew right then that when it sounds far, the truth is it's really close. I switched on the light and tried waking up my aunt but she just grunts.

I was so scared at that time that I grabbed the machete and and a bunch of garlics. I smashed the garlic using the machete so the smells of the garlic surrounded the room... Rub some garlic in the machete and some salt... Then the sound of ik ik was there again. My hand that's holding the machete was trembling from fear. I grab the rosary under the pillow of my aunt and put it in top of her belly. Then a loud gust of wind can hear outside the window.

The window in my aunt room has a metal railings bar that surrounded the windows but one window pane was broken. There I saw a pair of glowing red eyes staring at me and then at my aunt... I was trembling in fear that time but there's no room for fear that time because I know that it's between be eaten alive or fight. I chose fight. I tighten my grip in the machete and pointed it at the monster outside the window... It looks like a big bird with huge wings. It hissed at me. So I started cursing at it with loud booming voice. I told the creature that I am not effin scared of her/him and I am ready to fight him/her. That time my aunt was awake now and petrified at what she's seeing.

The monster just hissed and started to flapped its huge wings but it's still in the window staring at us. My aunt was holding the rosary so tight with garlic and salt surrounding her and the balisong. I began cursing again at the aswang and began throwing the smashed garlic and salts in it. It growls. It's a chilling growl that makes someone knees tremble but I hide my fear and started to shout that I am really not afraid of her/him and I'll kill her/him if it won't go away. I'm just bluffing that time, I know in myself that I am no match in that kind of creatures... I started swaying the machete and cursing at the aswang. My aunt was praying so hard behind me. Then suddenly a gun shot! And someone cursing from the outside...

I grabbed that opportunity and throw the remaining garlic and salt in it then it growl again and flapped its huge wings... Hissed at me and flew away... I told my aunt to stay at the center of the house with the rosary and balisong and I grabbed some garlic from the kitchen and another batch of salts... This time my grandma was with my aunt now... I saw my grandpa with his hunting gun... And outside I saw my uncle who lives next door... I exit the house still with the machete and a big caltect halogen flashlight... I told them what happened and searched the surroundings... The monster was gone and never came back... Months later my aunt gave birth to a healthy baby boy...

I thank God for the metal bars in the window and thank HIM because HE never let something bad happened to us that night!

Other hauntings by illumi_zoldyck

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, illumi_zoldyck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-04-15)
Mhannerism.

Not meaning to be blasphemous but, it seems like aswangs have more abilities than Jesus Christ Himself.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-04-15)
to lady-glow:

I just logged in, and skimming through my comments on my profile and saw this. I just found the answer (last year) as to why aswangs can't be caught.
I have read an encounter in a Filipino page/forum. But I wanted to be very certain and detailed with my answer so I decided to find that post for half an hour but unfortunately, I couldn't find it. They can make an illusion. IIRC, the sender was separated from his friends because they were all chased by an aswang, (because one of his friends provoked the head of aswangs in a small village because they wouldn't let them pass through.
The place was a shortcut connecting city to another city but rarely anyone uses it because, aswangs) there was a tricycle approaching but he didn't see it because aswang made him not see it even though he was looking straight whilst running. If I'm making any sense? So, they let the tricycle hit him. You'd think that the tricycle driver would know what was happening, right? Well, no. (I forgot what was the aswangs excuse to the driver, I'm sorry. But the driver had no idea that he was talking to an aswang)
Aswangs even helped lift the sender into the tricycle to get him to the hospital. I wish I could send you the link to the story but I really couldn't find it. In the end, they resolved it, talk through it.
Without finding the actual post, this is as far as I can get.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-02-21)
illumi_zoldyck:

I know you probably won't be able to read this but I realized that that's true! I was working at a condo in Taguig, (BGC) my patient's house helper's son (more or less 2 months old at the time) began crying so loud at midnight, it went on for several minutes then they heard a faint "ik ik" sound and a flapping wings. I didn't know if I should believe it because, hello? It's Taguig, a very modern city. Where most rich and foreign people live. And they only feed on an unborn child. But then I realized almost all of the house helpers reside in that condo came from Visayas & Mindanao. It must have been starving since it works in a city. That aswang must be working for a foreigner so they don't have any idea about them. Somebody must have heard a snack, crying. It doesn't matter where they live.

Regards,

Mhanne ❤
elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-22)
your name
Illumi_zoldyck
 
remind me of a anime called Hunter × Hunter. 😁
ProvincialLady (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-17)
illumi_zoldyck

Good to hear that you had courage. If I'm on your shoes, I would have fainted. I believe your story because we live in the same country. 😊
illumi_zoldyck (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-01)
[at] mhannerism I heard lots of stories about aswang in our part. Every barrio near us has experienced it so it was really scary. I thought aswang only exist in visayas and mindanao. I was wrong. I have a friend who lives in tuguegarao and she says even there, sightings of aswang was so frequent. Hope I won't experience it again. Haha
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-27)
Lady-glow: That's a nice insight but I have never heard someone caught an aswang. Because they often flee. Even policemen are aware of these creatures. Law doesn't apply to them. They don't die like humans, like bury them or whatsoever. They just disappear or if wounded, they'd flee and hide outside of that town. They don't hunt/kill their neighbors even though the neighbors knew they're aswang. They hunt for food next town most of the time. I wonder why. 😆

Illumi_zoldyck: Luzon? I think I need to be cautious outside 😨 but Nueva Ecija is in Northern Luzon, right? I'm at South:D But still creepy, I don't know what to do when it strikes us.: (

Sorry about the late reply by the way.

- Mhanne ❤
illumi_zoldyck (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
It's a Church from 1800 not 80's...sorry for the wrong info. XD
illumi_zoldyck (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-12)
Sorry for the late reply. I just came back from a 2 months vacation in the Philippines.

[at] mhannerism our province is nueva ecija which is in luzon.

[at] roylynx I wish it was the drama that I watched. But it's true.

[at] lady-glow hahaha just the butterfly knife and the rosary was under her pillow the machete and the garlic and salt was tucked beside the bed. Hahaha sorry for my bad english.
At the place where I stayed I heard that many people saw a huge bird with bat like wings and has the body of a human. There was this time that it attacked someone near our place they hunted it down and manage to wound it but they didn't catch it.

[at] redwolf I don't about golden crown flying fox. Even though we are so near in a forest, no sightings of a flying fox there. Many people go in that forest since there's this huge cross that was part of an old church from 80's. But no one saw any golden crown flying fox.
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-01)
Well, spiritual or not, if it did not do any harm what I felt is you should not do it any harm too. Oh well, it may be too late though. But at the same time I felt glade that no one and nothing is killed or seriously harmed.

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-30)
illumi_zoldyck

I am with lady-glow. Are you sure it was an aswang and not a golden crown flying fox? It could have tried to hang on to the window railing for a rest. Like many species the flying fox is on the endangered species list because of human encroachment.
By the way ladies for many years the main ingredient in mascara was bat guano (poop). I'm pretty sure they stopped using it 50-60 years ago if not more.

Regards
Red
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Whatever it was, it was so scary. The situations might have gone even more worse but by the grace of God you all were safe and the baby too. A very creapy experience

Thanks for Sharing!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Mhannerism: why should it be killed? Wouldn't it be better to trap it and study it's mysteries?
Besides, if the entity's a manananggal or any other person with, according to Filipino beliefs, the ability to shap shift into this entity -what would be the legal implications after killing an unarmed person?

Illumi_zoldyck: are you aware of any case in which one of these creatures has been killed, or hunted down?
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-28)
Hello, illumi_zoldyck

So they still exist up to this day. Did this account took place in Visayas? If so, can you tell me the name of the province? I'm really fascinated (more like curious) by these kind of stories. Sad that you weren't able to kill it, but hey, your aunt was safe. Thank God!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
That's intense! 😨

This is not the first story I read about fetus-eating-giant-winged monsters in the Philippines, and I wonder if they are a case of mistaken identity with these beautiful creatures:
Http://anintrospectiveworld.blogspot.ca/2012/08/giant-golden-crowned-flying-fox.html

The red eyes, the huge wings... The garlic, the rosary and the machete?!
It must be uncomfortable to sleep with all those things under a person's pillow! 😜

Anyway, you sure are brave!
Amusing story, thanks for sharing.
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-25)
For real?
This is very very interesting and I have never heard of anything similar at all.
Are you sure that is not a drama that you saw?

Blessings from São Paulo

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: