You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Voice Unkown

Real Ghost Stories

Voice Unkown

 

These are true events, I have had several strange experiences in my life most of them from when I was a teen growing up. These occurances started after I had moved to my families newly built home. Back then I didn't really believe in any of this stuff until it started to happen to me. Unfortunately I don't remember all of them but the ones that I do remember I'm going to tell you.

I don't know if its paranormal or if its something wrong with me but this has happened several times. This ussually happens when I finaly fall asleep. After falling asleep I go into these nightmares and when it gets to a certain point in the nightmare I try to wake up but it feels as if there is an over whieght person on top of me compressing me and preventing me from waking up at all. It almost feels as minutes had just passed by before I was able to move and open my eyes again, and when I finaly could there was no one in my bedroom. I sleep with my door locked so if this helps with anything. I just don't know what it was.

Here is the most freakist thing that happened to me.

Once again it was at night and as always I sleep with my door locked and my window is always locked and shades and curtains are always closed.

I was having a difficult time falling asleep one night so I was trying to keep myself busy and entertained with random things around my room until eventually I got tired enough to be able to fall asleep. It was somewhere around midnight maybe after when I finaly went under, I was half asleep/awake when I heard a deep male voice wisper into my ear (silently he whispers a silent death) which woke me up completely causing me to panick. Once again there was no one in my bedroom. After that I was too scared to fall back to sleep.

I honestly do not know what that saying even means and/or where it even comes from.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightmareChills, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Hi Nightmare Chills

I've been coming to this site for a week or 2 and its this post that compelled me to finally take the plunge and sign up. I can very much identify with your post as I too have had quite a few weird experiences related to sleep, or that "twilight zone" (if you like) between sleep and awake. I can't say I've had the feeling of someone lying on top of me stopping me from moving, but I've had lots of moments where it seems like I'm awake but something is not right and find myself trying to force myself out of whatever is happening to me at that moment when I'm obviously at the point of sleeping. Its pretty hard to explain but I'm sure many know what I mean. One such experience I remember was not too long back, a few months maybe. I was lying in my bedroom, I always sleep either on my stomach or on my side, never on my back. On this occasion I was on my side with my eyes open, extremely tired and stressed and staring at my room. The room I was staring at tho wasn't my bedroom although I wasn't aware that it wasn't my bedroom at that point. It was a room similar to my bedroom, the bed I was lying in was in the same position as my own bedroom, the door in the same place, but the difference was the colour of the room and the fact that there was hardly anything in it if my memory serves. There was what appeared to be a red bed on the opposite wall and the room appeared to be red (again, if my memory serves) I saw all of this in the space of about 3 seconds and although it felt like I was awake, I knew something didn't feel right and at the point started to "pull myself out of it". Your analogy of someone lying on top of you did make sense, but the best analogy I can come up with is being tied up from the shoulders down to your ankles and trying to free yourself with the only thing you can move to achieve this is your head. Its definitely weird and sometimes scary. What others have given as a possible explanation makes sense but I always wonder to myself if these are moments where you are about to sleep-walk or something.
NightmareChills (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
[at] epicawesomeness lol that's creepy, I think its more so something to do with a sleep transition problem that I somehow ended up with witch sucks like hell cause I ended up having it again last night or early this morning... I can't remember what it was when it happened.
EpicAwsomeness (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
se te subio el muerto. It means the dead man or woman was on top of you. You feel compressed with weight and you feel paralyied
NightmareChills (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
[at] Tonksy wow well at least I now know I'm not the onlyone that goes through that, but I don't see faces when it happens to me so that part is a bit unusual to find out about.
Tonksy (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
Ohhhh my god.

I have the same thing happen to me. I'll be asleep then wake up and feel something pressing down on my chest and I can't move, I can't speak, It's like my brain is disconnected from my nerves and muscles and I am not in control. SOMETIMES, I'll see a face when it's happening.
NightmareChills (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
[at] badjuujuu. WOW I have never even heard of that, thank you that was very helpfull I will definitely look into it and see if maybe that's what it was. Thank you again 😊
NightmareChills (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
[at] prettydemon... Lol I have never done that kind of stuff cause it has always scared the crap out of me and I was and still am too much of a pansy to do such stuff. Lol but thanks for the comment. I was talking to my friend about it and he said that it mightve been when we were at my house joking around and talking about creepy thing like silent hill... He thinks that that might have triggered it to happen, but I didn't even know about silent hill until the end of last year. But I still don't really know for sure. But thanks again. 😊
NightmareChills (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
[at] Sharp3003 thanks and no it hasn't happened for at least 2.5 years 😕 left where?
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Pretty demon? Wtf... That's the weirdest thing I have ever heard.
Prettydemon (8 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
😐 I think I might know what the voice is but don't get scared. Ok sometimes if you do the bloody Marry then she will say hello in a voice that you will remember from somebody said to you once. It could be off a movie, a friend you use to know, a friend you still have, or a family member. Don't worry if you never did the bloody m trick then she can't harm you 😳 😳
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
What you're describing sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. There is an article on it on this site's main page, but the gist of SP is this-
When we fall asleep, our bodies produce a chemical which keeps us still. This typically occurs during REM sleep to keep us from acting out our dreams and hurting ourselves or the poor sap sleeping beside us.
SP happens when we aren't moving through sleep stages correctly. Going from deep REM sleep to sudden wakefulness seems the most common, although sometimes the chemical hits our blood before we enter REM and causes paralysis as well. Since this unpleasant event usually occurs while we are in a semi-dream state, our dreaming minds sometimes hallucinate. Sometimes the "dream" our minds cook up includes voices or sounds. It's realistic, and terrifying. That's the scientific explanation, and the explanation that I think is correct in most cases.
There are other theories that SP has a purely paranormal cause. I think paranormally influenced SP is uncommon. Read, research, gather as much information as you can to decide what you think is going on.
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
i have been there my dear and it is awful. I wasn't yet a teen but I was in the kitchen of my mother's new home (which I hated and was always afraid in) when a man whispered my name in my ear. I even felt the breath on my neck. I didn't even take what I had made in the kitchen with me, I was just out of there as fast as I couold. If it were to happen now I would try to stand my ground. Spirit or not, what a jerk for scaring a poor kid!
Zilla (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Yeah, I've had someone also whisper my name into my ear in the middle of the night. But the strange thin is that it Mimicked my brothers voice. D:
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Very sorry to hear that. It must have been horrifying. Has this ever happened since? Did it stop after you left there?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: