You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Activity In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Activity In My Home

 

I will try to keep this short but there has been a lot of activity. My family and I purchased a 15 year old home in March 2008.

About 9 months after moving in, my 8 year old daughter said she hears some one breathing over her shoulder while on the computer. I say, stop goofing around but if you hear it again let me know. A few nights later around 1am, I hear the same breathing. It was very rhythmic and loud enough to hear with ease. When I would move toward to location the breathing would stop. So I tell my wife the situations and the says to stop goofing around. So a few nights later she said she heard the same thing, my reply was, stop goofing around.

My 8 year old has heard her name called, my 6 year old was awakened by her bed shaking side to side at 0400. While sleeping after a grave yard shift, I felt what seemed to be a tennis ball size object being pressed between my shoulders and once I woke up there was no one there. I have heard low voices, laughter, and my name being called.

Our computer desk has small black metal handles. At night I can often hear them being raised up and dropped. And the computer will sometimes come off sleep mode. (I understand this may be just the computer itself)

My 8 year old was asked to go upstairs to prepare for bed and I hear thunder coming down the stairs about 30 seconds later. I ask her why she was not preparing for bed and being loud and she said she saw a boy when she looked in the mirror. She turned and he was gone. Her description was about 10yo boy with brown hair shoulder length, white tee shirt and blue jeans. She now has sister brush her teeth at the same time.

While watching a movie with my wife, we both observed a shadow cross the length of the wall the television in on. She asked if I saw that and I said yes, I saw a shadow. Checking the angle and height of the shadow placement put the object directly above the back of the couch we were on. The only light on was the microwave light which does not put enough light off the cast a dark shadow.

Often I wake up with the hair standing on my neck and feeling like some one is standing over me. Also at times I see what looks like some one peaking around the door frame of my bedroom.

One night while my wife was working her grave yard shift, I woke up to a white in color object about 5 feet high walk into the master bedroom and enter my wife's closet. The object was very "blurry" I texted my wife and thanked her for choosing that closet.

We often hear footsteps in the hallway after everyone is asleep and we are awake talking. The hallway is carpeted and it sounds like one of my girls walking but it's not.

One evening, I was just waking up to prepare for my shift and I heard the front door open and slam shut. Expecting my family home at that time, I went to the top of the stairs to observe the front door shut and dead bolted. My family arrived home about 25 minutes later.

I have investigated possible deaths in the house to which there has been none. I asked my neighbor which has lived next door for the 15 years of anyone being terminally ill or deaths and he did not know of any. Every family prior to us has sold the home about every 3 years. So I am thinking the activity really ramps up around that 3 year mark, if so, March is going to be interesting.

This is most of the activity we have experienced and remember. Your comments and opinions are welcomed. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by markj7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, markj7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JimD (431 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Bed shaking (no human spirit has this power), fear, chaos, and hearing whisperings, along with the other symptoms, including being pressured between your shoulders, are demonic. I counsel use of Catholic Holy water and the phrase 'Jesus and Mary help us'. Good luck and God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
markj7,

As zzsgranny has said, thanks for being so supportive to your children! I could not imagine what it would be like if I didn't have understanding parents. Great job and great story. Let us know what happens next month! 😆

Aloha - 4d
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
Hi markj7. Thanks for sharing such a great interesting story about your home. It seems like you got used to this little boy playing around with you and your family. The little fellow seems lonely and boring with nobody to play around with. Now he wants attention from you and your family. I agree with the other comments. Like appelrose said I can also not wait for the follow up about March. Enjoy your day. Trix 😉
Christmullins14 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Mark Great story. I can relate to a few things like hearing breathing and seeing shadows peek through the doorway. Thanks for sharing though! 😜
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Mark,
What a great story! I'm with granny - you should try to help the spirit cross over - or try to communicate with it. I had a teacher, years ago - that had a girl ghost and she would go around and flip the lights on and off and talk while they try to sleep. They told the girl ghost that they did not mind her being there - but there were rules and she needed to follow them. I'm not sure of the results and this was 20+ years ago since my teacher told this to us. - But I would at least try to ask what he wants. Also go to the courthouse and get a layout of the land before the house was built - many houses have been known to be built on top of old grave sites -but if that is the case - I think you would have more than one ghost - anyway I would do some investigating and as far as asking previous owners - I would not - some folks would NEVER admit to seeing or experiencing ghost and you may set yourself up by looking like a "GOOF" 😆...anyway good luck and keep us inform to what you find out - and can not wait until March.
markj7 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Thanks zzgranny, our family is very strong in our faith and we know there is a spirit world. Some stay or come back for a mulitude of reasons. I hope we can help this spirit in what ever way it needs. Thanks to everyone for their comments. We do not feel any negative energy in our home at all. As long as the spirit is a follower of our Savior, he can stick around and goof around with us. We will try to get him to pass over for his well being. Thanks again.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
Mark: I would like to commend you for the understanding you're showing your daughter... Too many times we hear of parents who tell their children it's all in their head... Either because they themselves don't believe in the paranormal or are frightened by it... It causes a lot of problems when parents don't show their trust in these situations... Hence the necessity for site like this! 😆 (and A LOT of therapy, later on in life!)...

So yeah, thanks! ❤
markj7 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
So far my family takes it well. We laugh things off a lot and feel it's a child. My 8yo is very into the experiece. She is very mature and wants to help who ever it is. I do see the previous owners around town. I want to ask them if they gave us a great deal due to the activily but my wife thinks they will have me committed. This March will be the 3 year mark and I can't wait to see if my theory of icreased activity is correct. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the great comments and opinions.
crf1997 (2 stories) (44 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
That's pretty scary. I wouldn't be goofing around, I'd be out of there in a second! Haha, but that's me. But I see your 8 year old is scared, maybe you should get a medium, or someone to help get out the spirits? OR MOVE. Lol. 😁
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+8
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
I'm really sorry, but I couldn't help laughing. Thinking of you guys going back and forth with "stop goofing around" just cracked me up.
It sounds to me like your ghost is a child just making mischief. You might try telling him to behave and stop bothering your family when you are trying to sleep. Be firm and polite, but remember you are dealing with a child and he's going to do mischievous things from time to time. It's just the nature of children, even the ones without physical bodies. As Granny suggested, trying to help him cross over is a good idea. If he doesn't seem ready, make sure to set ground rules. Tell him he can either behave and follow the rules, or make his way to the other side.
The house itself may not have history, but the land might. Ghosts attach to land as easily as they do buildings. ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+8
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Mark: Awe, c'mon, stop goofing around! 😆...No, really, sounds like a lot of stuff going on... One of the things you can do is talk to them, and let them know this is your house, and they need to go, or behave themselves...Doesn't sound like anything angry, or that you should worry about... They could just be curious, or wanting your attention... I think they have that though, right? 😊

If you find the activity to be too troublesome, like lost sleep, or you or your kids become terrified (as oppossed to being just spooked), I would suggest finding a reputable medium to assist in clearing the entity/ies from your house... It may be a good idea anyway, as they may need help in crossing over...

Interesting read, thank you for posting! 😊
Sharp3003 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Yikes! Have you been able to find out who any of the previous owners are and talk to them?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: