You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Home Of Paranormal Activity

Real Ghost Stories

My Home Of Paranormal Activity

 

Shortly after turning in for the night, dog sleeping by the nightstand, I go through my email and check my online buying and selling sales. While doing so, the increased depth and volume of breathing from the dog got my attention. It was unusual. But I continued my business.

A few minutes later, again, I heard the breathing, it was getting louder... Or closer, or both.

Now it has my undivided attention. Why? Because I was hearing three breathing; me, the dog and something else.

The room is dark except for the light of my phone. The third breathing I hear is at the foot of my bed. It's a normal breathing rate. Not heavy, not deep. I look to the nightstand and my dog is sound asleep.

Now I ask myself if I'm dreaming or if this is really happening. So, I pinch, slap and punch myself. I'm not dreaming.

So, I hold my breath and count the number breathing again. I hear two. There should only be the dog breathing. I do it a second time with the same results. All the while whatever this is, it's going around the side of the bed, moving up the side, getting closer.

I look to the nightstand again to be sure it's not the dog. He's still sleeping.

Again, I pinch, slap and punch myself. It's not a dream.

Now I start talking to this Anomaly or Entity. Whatever it is. Under my breath, I tell it to shut up. The breathing continues. Talking to something you can't see or feel, yet sounds like a person. Under my breath, I tell it to shut up again. It continues. Try to imagine it.

Now it is standing at the side of my bed. I reach to feel if something is there. Nothing. I can't see it or feel it. My mind is racing.

I tell it to SHUT UP! Speaking louder. I'm asking myself "What more can I do?" I repeat speaking even louder, SHUUUTT UUUPPP! Still nothing.

Now the breathing is 12 inches from my ear. I still can't see or feel it.

Now I tell it to shut up same as the last time. This time adding profanity.

Well, it finally stopped.

What was it? Well, prior to this, there were things happening such things as doors closing, faucets turned on, cameras being bumped during filming and an astronomical number of orbs in the living room, most coming out of or going up the fireplace flue. Some have said this townhouse to be a portal. The most interesting are five phenomenons; 1) Granddaughter communicated with the spirit of a little girl; 2) My Ex-wife's grandmother was trying to communicate with me; 3) The Central Air was turned off on one of the hottest summer days; 4) The dog was growling and barking at something I couldn't see; and 5) a black mass.

I don't know whose or what spirit was next to me that night or what would have happened if I hadn't told it to shut up. Nothing happened after that that I'm aware of. I do know it was a phenomenal experience.

I had incidents at the apartment I just moved out of too. That's a whole different story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tmill64, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RSAChick (115 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-21)
Hmmm, why didn't you just turn on the light (assuming you have a light on your nightstand or phone)? Reaching into the darkness for the cause of the breathing when it could be an intruder is just weird...

Biblio's suggestion to write out the 5 incidents will provide some much needed information. Hope you respond soon.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-21)
Tmil64 ~

A tad creepy I admit - A question for you and a question for anyone who wants to answer.

For TMil Are you referring to the same dog, the one who didn't respond to the breathing in your room, and did respond to something you could neither see nor hear (your topic #4)? Or are you talking about two different dogs?

An open question: There are any number of things that cause me wonder about the paranormal world. This is one of them: Why is something that is not corporeal breathing?

The only plausible answer I can come up with is it wants you to know it's there. I would love to hear other thoughts on the subject...
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-20)
Greetings, tmill64, and welcome to YGS.

I'm inclined to agree with lady-glow's response, that it was enjoying watching you suffer.

I've got a habit of asking people questions about their narratives and additional responses. When you stated, "Some have said this townhouse to be a portal," I wanted to know *who* these individuals were. Are they nosey neighbors parroting gossip and rumors, or are they people whom you've asked to examine the phenomena in the house?

I am going to ask, if you don't mind, that you write out each of the other 5 incidents in your home; you could do this in one narrative or in a sequence of narratives, depending upon the time you have available. Writing them out will give everyone a lot more information to rely upon when determining what is happening to you, thereby providing more pertinent advice on dealing with it.

Best,
Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-19)
Your dog is a heavy sleeper!

Tmill64 - that was an unnerving experience, it's hard to say what it was based on the information provided in your narrative, but taking into consideration all the other events, it seems like something was trying to get your attention and, boy, it really got it!
I bet it was a sadistic spirit having fun watching you pinching, slapping and punching yourself. 😜

Looking forward to read more of your experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: