You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Mystery With My Girlfriend

Real Ghost Stories

The Mystery With My Girlfriend

 

I have lived closely with my girlfriend, whom I will call Ann, which is not her real nam. She is the person of my life. For 3 years have I spent my life with her, we have shared sorrow and happiness, mostly happiness if I am to be honest.

I registered on this site just so that I could write this, and get someone else to get a look at my story. Someone who consider "things" of the unusual and "paranormal". Because there is something, something I cannot put my finger on that has gone wrong, and I am so worried about Ann that I lay sleepless much every night.

I will tell you from the beginning, so that my perspective becomes clear.

Ann has always been curious with the supernatural; Ghosts, spirits and whatnot fill her bookshelf. I can't say I shared her enthusiasm on the subject, but I listened to her discoveries and went on the trips with her. We have visited several haunted houses, mansions and hotels. I myself saw it more of a romantic endeavour from my part, seeing the fun in us traveling together.

Then, for a couple of months ago she started talking, very cautiously at first, about some "Joy of Satan" concept. I was alarmed by this sudden turn to Satanism, not out of a religious point of view (I am a strong believer in atheism) but out of concern that some crazy circle would abuse her and trick her of money. Amongst anything that I hadn't heard her speak any of it before. Anyhow, she explained to me that she wanted to start experiment with some of the rituals she had come in contact with through this web site she had found (I have seen it, I do not know what to believe) and frankly, she wondered what my opinion were.

I told her that I always would love her, whatever magic or incantations she would bring to our apartment, I said this jokingly, but I would not participate in these things. She had apparently expected as much, so not much more was said about it that evening. We did however, over dinner, agree that I would leave for the night so that my "skeptical thoughts" would not interfere with the aura or whatever. I may not have been superstitious, but I respected her interests, so I went to the pub that night and stayed out of the way. Now, I thought that this was all something drifting... That she would tire of the whole thing when she had played for a bit. I obviously made the wrong decision somewhere along the road. I got home, drunk, and barely noticed a circle formation with black candles before I fell asleep, dressed next to Ann, who was laying in bed naked, to my great amusement (You know what I mean)

Similar days went by, about once every three weeks. I would keep out and she would do whatever it was she was doing. After the third or fourth night, I noticed that we had considerably more sex than usually, now, I am 21-ish and she is 24. I reckoned she simply was in a time when such thing was in the mood, so I didn't really see a connection with her new hobby, but now, in rear view I can't help but wonder. I have held this long enough from you, maybe because it scares me so much so say it... But she is different. I noticed it 3 weeks ago, day after her latest "night". She isn't as innocent as she used to be. She makes crude jokes that would make a factory worker blush, she dresses in tantalizing clothes; short skirts and the like. I don't even think she wears underwear. I barely recognize her from when I met her, and this change has grown is such an exponential speed it scares me.

But! All this, is normal as far as I can see. People change right? People have their bends and mood changes, I guess. But it is in combination with my feelings that I post this story on this site. Lately, I have heard voices. It's just before I go to sleep. It's like several woman whisper some foreign language, one word or two and then is stops. I am a man of rationality, so I have explored every likable option that can explain these strange sounds, that has happened several times! There is no hidden speakers, I generally sleep well and I do not have any disease that I know on. I asked Ann if she whispered things, or if she heard them, but she just laughed at me.

She has also removed all the mirrors from the living-room. The same room I saw the candles in.

And when I say my feelings, I mean the feelings that say that something is terribly wrong with my girlfriend. I am not good with words so it's the closest thing I can say that describes it. I am sick with this bad gut-feeling

I guess I want you spiritual people that I am being silly and that I should not worry further.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Concerned, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BasSilLeosS (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
concerned: I hope youre alright now since the last time you wrote was 2 years ago, but the idea of a girlfriend that involves someone so close and dear to her without his approval in something so dangerous like that means that the person is possessive and just using you for their own needs and wants, but don't put all the blame on her, she might not even consciously know about that, or maybe what she was conjuring affected her brain, at the end you should move on anyways and live your life, I think when I just read that you don't believe in those things and she does and have a great passion for it too, it shows that you both wasn't compatible from the start, I don't know neither of you and I don't know anything about your story other than what's written in here, but sometimes emotions cloud the judgement of a person, and also if you are saying that she is changed then its not the same person anymore! And it was her decision and she did not even bother to consider you with that, but since you are already involved anyways, you should sit with her and talk to her about that and say it to her outright that she should have asked you before she involve you into it, if she acted as if she is not aware of those voices that youre having like what your wrote anyways, confront her that it only happened with you after all those changes has happened, and say that with a self-assured and questioning voice tone and with a strong frame and strong eye contact, by your extreme love for her I see that you might find the following challenging, but act as if you are not caring if she leaves you or not and you just want the truth but DON'T say it outright, act as if...
Arguments are not welcome in all relationships but they are very necessary in tough situations.
Wish you best of luck
Sepheara (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
I'm not sure how to put this all together but I'll do the best I can.

My best friends mother is a practicing Wiccan. I emailed your post to her and she's a bit concerned. She said that of course there are diffrent types of wiccans... Dark and light, she is of light herself. However she did say that the voices your hearing are not of anything that can be good and it's best to talk with your lady as soon as possible, make her explain the removal of the mirrors... Sometimes mirrors can harbor reflections of the person doing the incantations that they can't stand to see of themselves... Gruesome images. I myself was raised in a chrstian home but I'm open minded enough to listen to people who believe whatever it is they believe and those who don't believe anything at all.

My friend's mother... (we'll call her "deedra") has said that it could very well possibly be the removal of the mirrors is so she doesn't have to look at herself in whatever distorted figure she has now become and see's her true image in the mirror and it's not pretty at all. If that's the case well there is ONE possible explination. I myself would be unsure. I've never heard of the removal of mirrors but as deedra has been practicing wicca for SO many years now...I'm sure she knows what she's talking about.

Sex drive...it's no mystery that SOME religions do require a higher sex drive, they perform sexual acts within a circle or with their partner of choice...it's sometimes required in the religion. Again I don't know this for a fact it's just what is coming from information that's being passed on to me.

Change of attitude and presentation of self with clothes or less clothing... Is another part...it's almost as if she's showing her power of her sexual being. She knows that she's in a high drive and this religion that she's dabeling in could demand it from her. Like you have said though the voices bother you the most... I understand you want to protect BOTH of you, but you need to focus on yourself first... Sit her down, talk to her, if she's not willing to divulge anything you need to be concerned. It's not healthy to HIDE things in a realtionship. Being laughed at is not okay either if you ask a question and she just laughs at you like your a fool.

Good luck with the issue at hand Bless you and I hope that this matter can be brought to an end in a safe manner.
MysteryPup (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Has anything new occurred with your girlfriend? Is she better?
Concerned (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Update coming tonight. I guess I have to keep you people up to date...
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
any update?
Hearing that friends are starting to avoid her is another symptom... Be careful.
amethist (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Sounds like you are taking a logical and responsible approach to all of this concerned. I think the conversation you have with her will tell you alot. If she reacts in a way that is so completely not her or excessively angry, then I would worry about something more. Let us know what the people you mailed had to say and keep us updated. Best wishes to you and your lady.
Concerned (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
I'll start out and thank all of you who has left advice, this is not really my area of knowledge so all insight is appreciated.

I have a hard time determine what I should make of all this. The voices has continued with the same pattern, and our relationship is unchanged (since I wrote the entry) with the exception that some of my friends has started to avoid her.

Have no illusions, the possibility that her change was of a purely psychological on was the first thing I thought of, and I still do.

I will sit down and talk with her today, I think it's the best course of action for the moment, and it has gone a while since we had a serious conversation.

I have also done some research in the matters of different phenomenon that seem relevant to what all this, but the articles presented on the internet is of the less good kind. Where ever you look there's different information and little or no source recitative. I have also sent mail to a formet wiccan and another person, a satanist, to see what they think of all this.

Also: Sorry If I don't post to often, but I only log I here when I am alone at the house.
amethist (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
My personal advice would be to slow down and figure out what is really going on with her before you jump right to "OMG she's possessed by the 'Devil'." (Which I understand you are not but some people seem to think you should.) Yes there is potential for something dangerous here but I would suggest finding out if that's truely the case before jumping to extremes to "save" her. Wish you the best.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
oh man, not so sure you are taking this whole thing as serious as you should...
Personality change and those voices... They are just the beginning. You say that you would follow this girl down any dark road, your love for her is that great. Prepare yourself for what could turn into a living nightmare for you. If your girl continues down this path, you will experience things you never though possible... Not positive things. I have done some research on this stuff... Whispering voices, and the subjects personality change is a very common Beginning, to what will become such an evil, you will no longer recognize her as the girl you fell in love with... I do feel bad for you, and wish the best. Here's hoping it is only a phase for her.
amethist (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
[at] Hazman: I ment that she may be experiementing with her identity regaurding the change in her dress, ect. I ment that there is a possibility that there is no connection between the two other than her changing personality. This may very well not be the case but given her age I felt it needed to be considered. And perhaps you yourself might consider doing some reading as it seems you are the one not quite understanding what Satanism entails. Yes, it is a very self serving faith and can be quite dangerous but it is much more then just the "bad" christianity would have you believe that it is.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Concerned,

I wish you well and I hope that you have tried to talk to her.
At this point when she is almost so involved in whatever it is she is involved, the only reality is YOU. With you comes the positive energy into her distorted dark world (if that is what is going on). As you yourself said you wanted to stay away on those nights so your skeptical thoughts do not interfere with her aura - maybe you should not be away!
It will be tough to pull her out of this but you will probably have to be stronger than you try right now, at times it will break your spirit but you cannot lose your strength and the belief that nothing is stronger than your FAITH (faith can be anything, in your case the good thing that you pray to).
A lot of ramble here, but I wanted to write and say that you conviction will help you. Do not lose faith.
HazMan_III (4 stories) (91 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Well, first off, I am with BadJuuJuu 100%. If you really love this girl, you two need to sit down and have a serious heart to heart. There's a lot of sorting out to do.

As for the rest of you... It's not really a question of whether or not the religious beliefs of these two jibe. It's not like he's Christian and he's Catholic. I think it's widely accepted that Satanism is bad. I think before you say, "Well, she's just experimenting," you should read up on Satanism. Satanists are taught to be utterly self-serving. They encourage hedonism. They are destructive, and there's no question about it.

This is serious. I know you say you love her, but there are plenty of people in the world, and just because she's all you see right now doesn't mean that she is the absolute one for you. You can't possibly have dated enough people at 21 to know that this is it.

Hash it out, and if you need to, end this. I can't imagine that anything will improve, but it can. My point is, your young. Don't feel the need to anchor yourself to anyone so soon. You've got a lot of living to do.
amethist (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
No offense to you hoochler but I respectfully disagree. It will do you no good to pray to a god that you don't believe in. Your god may be everything to you (I am speaking generically now not to hoochler specifically) but there have been many many "gods" through out history. These beings only exist to a person when they put faith in them. If there were one true god I see no reason why he would not respond to general prayer. Would he not know you ment him? But to get to the point concerned, the first thing I would do is not panick. Your lady is young. There is always the possibility she is simply experimenting with her Identity. Have you tried talking to her about your concerns? Her reactions to that conversation could tell you a lot about what's likely going on with her.
I can't speak much to the voices you are hearing except to say that when people toy and experiment with rituals they are not familiar with they don't always know what they are doing and how to protect themselves. Its possible she let something in during one of her "nights." Possessed or not it might be helpful to speak to someone who shares HER faith, to find out what they think might be wrong. Best of luck to you.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Concerned, that is great you are praying. Be sure that in the beginning of each prayer you address it directly to God and not just to some vague entity you do not specify.

You asked a couple questions I will try to answer.

You asked why God? Simply put, it is God alone who has absolute power over Satan. God put rules in place that prevent Satan and his demons from messing with us humans unless we invite them into our lives (either deliberately as your girlfriend is doing or through our negative thoughts, words or actions in everyday life). When someone has a relationship with God and asks Him to come into their lives, He fills that person with part of His Holy spirit and it is that spirit which displaces demons, even if the person does things to unwittingly invite demons into their life.

If a Hindu person (or any other religion) wants to post and tell you what they think is prudent, that would be up to them and it would then be up to you to judge the merit of their words as applied to your particular circumstance.

Once one has deliberately accepted demons into one's life that situation can also be undone in time but it requires much more repentance and work. It is my opinion that if you stay with your girlfriend long enough and she continues her Satanic activities, you will eventually be spiritually categorized as having chosen what is happening to you and it will be harder to undo later once / if you realize you made a horrible mistake.

You are curious about the mirrors being removed. I am not an expert on magic or anything, but mirrors can sometimes be used as portals to (and from) the spirit world. If mirrors are being removed by someone practicing magic (which is what your girlfriend is doing when you are gone), the reason is most likely to prevent certain spirits (demons are a type of spirit) from either seeing what is going on in certain rooms of your house or to prevent them from using a mirror to help physically manifest themselves in certain rooms in your house. In short, removing the mirrors is likely a way to keep bad spirits at bay from places they may otherwise have recently been allowed access.

The fact that you are hearing voices is the beginning of what I was trying to explain in my previous post that your life will become affected by Satan as well. The voices you are hearing are from demons. Most likely demons that have been dispatched deliberately to "be" with you. If you want to read some of what I understand about demons, click on my name and read my YGS profile where I talk at length about demons.

Demons are Satan's helpers, demons are to Satan like angels are to God. They are bad news and you are most empowered to do make them leave in the beginning of their manifestation in your life. The demons are most likely with you because they were invited / sent to you by your girlfriend through magic. No matter what these demons tell you or do for you, understand that they hate you and will freely lie to you.

I have sympathy for you in your situation. Not only did I also not believe in God when I was your age, but I was also involved in a relationship with a woman that was not good for me. I ended up wasting 10 years of my life and she eventually killed herself (years after we divorced). She was not a Satanist, just messed up in general. I posted a story here on YGS about my first experience with spirits if you want to read it. Ironically, the woman I was involved with was also a German (I am American).

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=3665

I learned from my own experience that you can't make a person become (or stay) the person that you want them to be. If your girlfriend becomes a full blown Satanist, she will be exposed to powerful, negative forces that will likely make her become a totally different person and eventually no longer be the woman you fell in love with. I know that is probably not what you want to read, but I feel it is the truth.

The good news here is that you are free to make your own choices in life. If you can't dissuade a loved one from self destruction, you don't have to follow them to places you don't want to go.

I think BadJuuJuu posted some good advice. Relationships are 2 way streets, explain to your girlfriend your concerns about her recent changes and if she ignores what you say it is likely that this will be a telling indicator of how things will be in the future between the two of you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
You're in a tough spot, and no matter how much you hate it, you may have to make a tough choice.
I'm not going to rip on either of you for her religious beliefs, but I will say this- there are positive forces in the spirit world, and there are some very, very negative ones. We each make an individual choice to follow light or darkness. She has made a choice, but the future is not set in stone. She may come back to the light, back to herself. It may take a long time though. How long are you going to be able to wait?
I suggest sitting down with her, having a serious discussion about your feelings, fears, and concerns for her. Let her know exactly how this is affecting you. She may not be aware of the changes in her personality, or how concerned you are. Laying it all out for her to see, the unintended consequences, may give her a new perspective on her choice and make her re-think her current path. She may decide she doesn't like the changes in her either. But, she may disregard your concerns. If she disregards your feelings, you may have to think, long and hard, on whether the two of you are still compatible.
I'm really sorry. I wish there were easy answers for you. Please take care, I hope this situation is resolved soon, and without heartache.
Jikno (3 stories) (8 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Hi:)!

I just wanted to say what you probably have already heard 1000x's before! God is everything. I'm sorry but your girlfriend has stumbled into some very dark stuff that should have never been met in the first place. I do commend you on praying and after you prayed once you pray again. Pray until you start to really have faith that God is going to make it work. Once you stop worrying then I know God will no doubt intervene in her life.

But and I do use " but" as loose as I can. If nothing seems to change then like Hoochler said yur going to have make that choice to either leave her or stay with her. I can tell you this just hearing the voices is the start of what is worse to come. And I pray that you don't have to see the worse because... Let's just say I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Man imma pray for you and your girlfriend hate to see two beautiful creations of God choose to go to a horrible like hell.

Take care and have faith,
Jikno
Concerned (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
While I respect your advice and listen to it carefully, I have to ask, why God? How can you be so sure that praying to God will help?

From my point of view, there is several religions and you are telling me to put trust in one of them, but what tells me it's not an Hindu paranormal encounter or something? That aside, I have started praying, to what I do not know, but I pray to something good to help me.

I want to point out, also, that she changing attitude per se is not as alarming as the voices I've started hearing, and she removing the mirrors would not be strange if she just explained to me why, which she doesn't for some strange reason.

I am a little embarrassed to admit, but our sexlife is... Well let's say I don't complain. Sometimes I feel that it's just when we get intimate that I stop worrying about her, and since I worry a lot these days it's a welcome brake.

It's the rate of which all this has happened, that makes me feel bad about this.

And I have my rational side, saying that change scares people, and that it is that that is making me uncomfortable.

And finally, I love my girlfriend and intend to marry her one day, leaving her is not an option, I'd rather follow her to whatever hell you're saying she's heading than live without her.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Hi Concerned,

Whatever you have stated and narrated is scary to me, to say the least. I come from the other part of the world where we do have our own way of looking at things. In our culture and tradition, we do have these aspects being encountered by several people.

But, I agree with Hoochler. This is something really serious. I have a very strong feeling from my own personal experiences and whatever I have learned from the true-life happenings of others, that your girl friend is down a very dark alley. You may be an atheist. But, I will tell you this. You are trying to believe that certain strange and unexplainable things are happening in your life. God is one of them and so are the evil forces. The hands of fate have already started moving you towards certain things, which you rationally don't believe in. You have, atleast subconsciously started believing in evil forces. Now, you should also believe in God. As Hoochler said, you should call for help from God aloud. There is nothing wrong. The rational science does not explain all the phenomena of the world. It is advisable to go to a priest or a clergy, who is experienced in all these aspects and since you love your girl friend so much, don't let her go down the way she is on. Try to dissuade her. Only a priest or a clergy with deep conviction, knowledge and wherewithal could be able to help you. They are available even in your country, I believe. Contact them. Ask for help. Believe in God. He will help you. Better be careful since you have told us that your girl friend has already started changing and making crude jokes, I believe is obscene. Her bed room behaviour is also, as you said, abnromal. Hence, pray God, have trust in Him, all of us also would pray for you and your girl friend. But, it is a necessity and urgency that you call on a priest with profound knowledge on these aspects to dissuade your girl friend from the path of darkness and destruction and to make your life prosperous. Otherwise, you will have your life going down the abyss.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Morality. Morality. Morality. It doesn't have anything to do with religion... 😊

Hoochler I do agree on you on some point. But, I don't like the idea of leaving someone you love just because of her/his religion, 😊

Concered if you love her then you know what was best for her 😆

P.S I think your Girlfriend is possess. (did I spell it right?)

Do take care ^o^

-AYA is chewing a yellow Skittles
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Hello Concerned. I am sorry that you are experiencing this. I used to be an atheist myself until I experienced things that proved to me there is a God (and devil).

Your girlfriend appears to be using her free will to choose a dark path. I encourage you to attempt to dissuade her from this destructive path she is starting down (which it sounds like you are already doing), but ultimately she is the one that will make her own choices in life.

If she will not stop this, you in turn will also have a choice to make yourself. If you can not get her to turn away from Satan, either you will have to leave her or follow her down the path she is on in some manner. After a while, it won't matter if you believe in Satan or not for him to eventually somehow reach your life through your girlfriend if things stay on the course they are on now. You don't have to worship Satan directly to allow him access to your life, simply using your free will to continue to choose to be with a practicing Satanist will eventually open spiritual doorways of access into your life none of us humans fully understand the workings of. Satan can have one effect on your girlfiend and another on you and you will likely not even notice over time.

If this were allowed to come to pass, I believe it would ruin your life here on this Earth as well as your afterlife (I know you said you were an atheist and probably don't believe we even have afterlives so talk of a ruined afterlife may not register with you, but I want to give you as full a picture of what is happening as I understand it).

There are people on this site that will likely follow up and post things like Satan is a great guy or that he is misunderstood. You have seen first hand what his handiwork looks like as he is influencing your girlfriend enough to make up your own mind on all this. I too have seen his handiwork first hand and I can assure you that Satan is quite real and that he HATES all of us humans (even if you never did anything to him personally), he even hates his own followers and he wants to destroy as many of us as he can.

It is up to each of us to guard our lives and souls against this enemy, and only an ongoing, committed relationship with God can do that for us. I suggest you involve clergy in this situation. Go to your local church and tell them what you told us here. Ask for their aid in encouraging your girlfriend to choose a different path for her life.

No matter what your girlfriend decides, I encourage you to think long and hard now about what you want your life to be like (do you want kids? Do you want a Satanist raising your kids? Do you want to hang around other Satanists as your adult friends? Stuff like that...) and what your limits are and to recognize when your girlfriend starts asking for too much from you as she continues her walk into darkness.

Even though you probably don't think it will help, I will pray for you two. There are others on this site who will also pray for you and your girlfreind. As an experiment, I encourage you to simply ask out loud for God to give you clarity, wisdom and guidance in this matter, ask Him to make clear to you what He thinks you should do. He will hear you, and you just may discover the biggest and best thing that anyone can ever discover in this life. Just as it is with your girlfriend though, it is your choice what you do (or don't do) with your life.

Good luck with this and may God bless your thoughts and efforts in this matter.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: