You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mystery Caller

Real Ghost Stories

Mystery Caller

 

It was one afternoon, and I'am preparing to go to school. I was combing my hair when my phone rings.

"Hello." the usual greetings when someone called you through phone. It was my friend, she was waiting for me in front of our school's gate.

I was about to go outside when unregistered number called me, when I answered it I didn't hear anything then I again said 'Hello' and then a soft voice of a lady says 'Hello.' and I got annoyed because it imitates the way I said hello. Then I asked her who she is but I didn't get a reply. I look at the phone thinking it got cut but seconds are still running so I put back the phone in my ear and again said hello to confirm if she's still there. She again imitates me, but this time saying hello several times as if it's trying to make me mad but in some way it kind of freaked me out since her voice was soft and it feels like the voice became louder every time she says hello. The call was cut automatically, I went outside to go to our school since my friend is waiting for me but while walking I tried to call the number several time but the operator says that the number is not in use.

Then my mom called me later that day and informed me that my dad's aunt passed away that afternoon, I told her what happened to me that afternoon and she thought that maybe it's my dad's aunt. We are not that close tho but whenever she's visiting us in our house she will always bring gifts for me and she always says that she's proud of me (not to brag anything but I seems to be the apple of the eye of my father's relative). And It gives me goosebumps and teary eye every time I think of it. Even now, when I'm typing this story. I got goosebumps and I felt the urge to cry.

Other hauntings by yourstrulie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yourstrulie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Motsville2 (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
I have had similar things happen to me. You end up wondering if a phone can glitch that way or if there were more to it. I have heard that spirits always seem to play coy and not answer direct questions but I haven't heard of mimicry as one of their habits. The timing is what makes for an intriguing mystery.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Hi Yourstrulie

Thanks for this brief but poignant account. Your experience resonated with me because when my Grandmother passed away (about 20 years ago now) of whom I was quite fond of, I was very sad.

A few weeks later, I had one of those extremely vivid dreams that I can still recall as if it happened yesterday. The dream was very brief, but it was my Grandmother standing in a field and I was about 20 feet away. She was looking directly at me over her left shoulder and smiling. The all-encompassing feeling of the dream was that she was telling me two things; The first was "I'm ok" and the other was "I'm still around; don't worry".

She was leaning on a crutch, which I don't really understand the symbolism of that, as she died of emphysema, but possibly she was "recovering" from something else (or that) when she contacted me. And I absolutely believe to this day that she contacted me, or we contacted each other. I don't recall ever dreaming about her prior to that, nor since.

Maybe some spirits think that when they pass away the only way to contact their loved ones is by telephone or something? Particularly if they are unaware that they have died and if the spirit plane they are in is very similar to Earths (such as the astral plane by all accounts) then there may be telephones around the place. Who really knows but it's all intriguing stuff.

Thanks for sharing, and in my opinion, don't be sad - our loved ones, even in "death", are always wanting to be near us, loving and supporting us, as they were when they were "alive".

Regards

Mack
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Well, it might have been problem with the mobile network. I have received call, instances when, the network was so lousy that, I speak first, like you did "hello, who is this" and I hear my own voice repeated, at a low volume.

It might have been just coincidence that your aunt died the same day you received this call.
yourstrulie (4 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-22)
Hi Argette, well hopefully but it really scared the hell out of me, and until now I can still remember how the voice sounds.
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-21)
Very possibly it was some sort of communication regarding your great aunt. There are so many instances where something unusual occurs at the time of a family member death. I've experienced it in my family, too. And there are many accounts here involving phone calls.

Is there a connection? Or to we merely want there to be, because it gives us hope in an afterlife somehow?

I don't know. But I like your story. And I hope it was your great aunt saying goodbye.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: