You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tall White Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Tall White Woman

 

Throughout all of my life, every house I have lived in was haunted in some way, even the one I live in right now. But the most recent or vivid experiences I've had are more... Off putting. The first thing that I remember that happened when I moved from Incline Village to Sparks happened when I was home alone after school. I had just got back home and my parents left to go run errands, and I would spend most of my time in my mother's room watching TV. Her Queen size bed separated the small room like this; if someone walked in through the door, to the right side would be the queen size bed, and farther to the right of the bed would be closet sliding doors with mirrors on the front so it reflects everything in the room. I was fairly young, about 7 years old and I had been watching some spooky stuff on mummies and silly things, like the old, "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" show.

I'm just feeling pretty freaked out and I hear the door to the room open. Thinking that it was my parents who just came back home I call out to my mom. The door opened all the way very slowly, and this woman walks in. She looked like a very tall Caucasian woman who had this weird towel wrapped around her head like she had cancer or something. Anyways, I jump over to the side of the bed facing the sliding doors and lie flat on the ground and just watch this woman through the mirrors, walk to the end of the bed and look towards the door leading to the back yard. And then she sits down on the bed, I can visibly see the bed squish down where she's sitting and hear the springs creak. This stays for what seemed a few minutes, and finally after I blink, she stands up and walks through the door leading outside. After seeing that I could not move from my lying position on the floor, and just sat there for a good hour until my parents came home. And I mean I could not move, I wanted to and tried to, but I felt weighed down and couldn't even move my fingers. That was the first time I saw her.

The next time I would see her would be when we moved into a nearby neighbourhood in Sparks about... 15 minutes away walking. (This being the place I live in currently) This time I was around 12 years old, coming back from school on my scooter. I remember I had a terrible day; I had gotten into a fight with my best friend at the time and not feeling too happy going home. But eventually I get to the point on my street where there is a little bit of a hill where you can see my house, so I start racing down this small uphill really fast. And I reach the point where my next door neighbours house starts and everything slows down to a snails crawl and goes black and white. It was slowed down enough to the point where I was able to think, "What just happened?". I eventually reached the part of his yard where there is a tree almost dead centre and I see the same woman in white, walking behind the tree in the direction I was coming from, and as she passes completely out of sight behind the tree everything returns to normal, full speed and colour, and I crashed against the curb in front of my house pretty hard. And that was the last time I saw that particular 'woman'.

Other hauntings by DRDd

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DRDd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DRDd (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Oh yeah, zzsgranny I am definitely interested in hearing more about your daughter's experience.
DRDd (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Actually miracles, it wasn't my time that was off the first time, it was hers. She was moving really slowly, when her legs moved it took twice as long as any normal person's. Huh, I thought I stuck that detail in. Thanks for reminding me.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Sounds awesome Miracles I will send up the loonie signal just head for that you can't miss it lol. πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Darkness - we're going to ride our brooms to Australia one day, didn't you hear? πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Granny - not if you do it the way I do it πŸ˜† Just copy/paste! It works. I tried it. I promise (where's the smiley with his hand over his heart!)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Ahahaha same goes for you granny one of those days I see haha got you both lol! πŸ˜† ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Ooooooo had to quickly jump in here and say " One of those moments" eh Marjie hahaha love it! πŸ˜† ❀ 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
oooooppps...Granny, Granny, Granny πŸ˜† it's http://...LMAO

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=11032

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=11032

Okay NOW try it LOL... My blonde moment for the day, Miracles
πŸ˜† ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Marjie, Marjie, Marjie! πŸ˜†...You have to put the http//: in front of the link... ❀

Http//:www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9247

Http//:www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=11032

Okay DRDd, try those...

DRDd: I was thinkg about my daughter's story as I read this... I love the "time stops" or "time slows" stories... I just have one question: the first time you saw her, did it feel any different as far as the time slowing or stopping?...

I like this account!...Thank you for posting 😊
DRDd (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Well thank you I will definitely check it out. I have more stories I've yet to write that were more... Creepy than this one that have all taken place within the last year.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
DRDd - unfortunately I have no wise words to offer here. But there are two other stories on here that both deal with time standing still: www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=11032 and www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=9247. Maybe reading them will help you realize you aren't alone in this. And I'm sure that both of these posters, as well as the mom (zzsgranny) of one of them (monkeylemur82), will be more than happy to talk to you about her daughter's experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: