You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Figure By The Pond

Real Ghost Stories

Figure By The Pond

 

Out of all the paranormal experiences I've witnessed, the one I'm about to tell is my strongest and most unexplainable. It wasn't a noise, nor a bump or touch that could be brushed off as a product of an overactive imagination; it wasn't even a dream. What I saw was a full body apparition, and I will never forget it.

My great uncle Henry had just gotten married. It was summer and pleasantly warm. My dad and I didn't make it in time for the wedding so we went straight to the reception, which was being held at a country club on the golf course at dusk. The whole entire club was emptied out and filled with my family. The décor inside was truly beautiful and the food was great. I was 12 years old at the time. My cousins and I, being the kids that we were, decided to play outside near the back of the country club.

The back consisted of a small porch and a small field of grass. There was a short stone wall which surrounded the small field, and beyond that was a hill of grass that lead to a golf cart road, the green, and then a pond.

Soon, my cousins got bored of the outdoors and decided to go inside, leaving my cousin Florence, who was 10 at the time, and I outside alone. We both decided it'd be fun to stand around by the pond and talk. We happily strolled down the hill, past the road, and to the edge of the pond. It was there, at that moment, where I saw a figure standing across the pond. It stood there for a moment, and then began gliding from side to side. The figure didn't have a human shape. I can best describe it as a blob, a tall, white, thin blob; maybe out six feet tall. Another way I could describe it, and bear with me on how clichéd this sounds, would be a person wearing a white sheet. Only the texture was not of a sheet, and it was glowing. I know it couldn't have been a person because of the way it moved, how it glided so gracefully. I also know it couldn't have been a person because Florence couldn't see it! I even moved her head in the direction of the figure and nope, she saw nothing. I could only see it. So I ran.

I regret running, but at 12 years old it was the only thing I could think of doing. The figure didn't feel threatening at all, but I was confused, causing me to become afraid. Florence was freaked out because I was freaked out and began shouting: "Cece! Wait! Where are you going?" I turned around to answer, looking back to the pond, and the figure was gone.

It's still a mystery to me. I have no idea what that thing was or what it wanted, or why only I could see it. If anyone has insight on the matter, please comment. Thank you.

Note: I changed the name of my cousin to protect her privacy, etc. I liked the name Florence.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Claws, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Very interesting! That was a great story, also the descripton was great!

- erin19 ❤
Claws (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Aww, a water spirit. It sounds adorable. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
I too like the elemental spirit theory, and it being near the water does place it well into that category. Your description was beautiful, I must say. Thank you for sharing 😊
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Elemental spirits are always interesting. The water spirit would be the most neutral from my experience since water in many cultures is for cleansing. I don't know much about ectoplasm, so I'll keep out of that one.

Best of luck!
monsterunderthebed (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
😭 well actually I don't know if that is bad but evryone elses stories sound way better than mine!:S
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
You left your little cousin to fight the blob! LOL. Sorry that's not funny but I laugh because I've been left behind like that before.

I agree with DeviousAngel about the possibility of the water spirits and the ectoplasm. It could be too that this is just the form that spirit likes to take. It doesn't sound like it meant harm.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
Thanks for sharing your story! I really enjoyed the description and imagery. I believe what you saw may have been one of two things. Either a massive concentration of ectoplasm or a water spirit. Ectoplasm, in case you don't know, is an intangible substance that seems to have a goopy, sticky texture when you touch it, and it is cold. It's sort of a spirit residue, if that makes any sense. Going with the water spirit theory, I've also seen what appear to be small, shapeless figures dancing in fire. I was always taught that these were elemental spirits, completely harmless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: