You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Apartment Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Apartment Entity

 

My story takes place in Chalmette Louisiana 9 years ago. I had just moved out of my parents' home into my first apartment. I was getting married in one month so I had to get a lot of things ready. The apartment complex I moved into was a four plex. The apartments were 2 stories and all side by side. The bed rooms were upstairs and kitchen and living room were all one room. During the week I would be there alone and my fiancé would stay on the weekends. All I had was one twin bed a dresser and a desk with a TV and alarm clock on it upstairs and an entertainment centre with a TV downstairs.

My first few nights were uneventful but after the fourth day there alone I started to feel like I was always being watched, but it never really bothered me as I grew up in a haunted house and dealt with it all the time. The entities in my parents' house were not harmful and I was never afraid even when I saw things and I always felt safe, but this was different. Now that I am thinking back it was almost like pure hatred that I felt.

One night after my fiancé left I was turning off all the lights downstairs and when I hit the last light switch I was turned facing the kitchen when I saw the far corner of the kitchen got extremely dark and a figure appeared. I immediately turned the light back on staring at that part of the kitchen. After a minute I turned the lights off again and it was gone so I went to bed. Now I always watch TV when falling asleep and this night I did the same. The TV was on the other side of the room and I kept my alarm clock right next to it so I would have to get out of bed to turn it off when the alarm sounds. It was around 10pm when I dozed off when I was suddenly awakened with this panic of something was wrong I looked at the clock and it was only 11pm. That's when I realized that I couldn't move I was giving it all I had and I couldn't so much as move a toe. That's when I noticed my bedroom door was halfway open and there was the same figure I had seen downstairs standing behind the door just starting at me. This figure moved from behind the door to the foot of my bed and it completely blocked out the TV and the clock it reached out its hand and I felt pressure on my chest pushing down as if it were trying to stop my breathing. I fought for what seemed like forever when I was finally able to move my arm and this thing bolted out of the room so fast the bedroom door slammed shut and I could hear footsteps running down the steps.

Needless to say I never went back to sleep and I have never told the entire story to anyone, It wasn't until I was married and we had been living at the apartment for about a month when I told my wife and that was only after she had her own experience.

I would chalk this up to Sleep Paralysis if the same exact thing hadn't happened to my neighbour, and it links to other happenings that took place there but those are for other post.

Other hauntings by longtimebeliever

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, longtimebeliever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lastinline (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
That's pretty scary. I guess apartments have so many different tenants in and out; it seems they'd be dwellings that ARE most haunted...bad/negative energy. One never knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Looking forward to more posts.

Take care.
longtimebeliever (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
We were the second appartment in our fourplex. The appartment to our left had a no kids and the one on the right had a 2 year old. It seemed as though things were stronger in the appartment with the 2 year old. That was until our daughter was born and it seemed as thought the occurances multiplied. When my daughter was 4 months old we had to move out as a lot was happening to my wife and child and I didn't want to put them through any more. Thank god what evwer it was sttod at the complex cause we lived in our house for a year with out any thing happened.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
You know, I'd love to do a study on the effect that a place having a lot of tenants has on the chances of paranormal activity occuring.I've lived the early part of my life in a home that was built for my family and had nothing paranormal happened. Since, I've lived in three apartments and one older home and I've had several occurences in each. My brother had a "choker" in his apartment as well. He tells me that the entire complex complained of strange goings on.
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Wow, definitely a negative energy. Hope you managed to deal with it.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
great post thanks for sharing here looking forward to reading more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: