You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Guardian Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Ghost?

 

when I was a bit younger, I used to see a man with a top hat standing in the kitchen watching me go up the stairs every night when I go to bed, I still do sometimes, and I was scared of him because he'd disappear after a certain step and then I'd feel something chasing me so I'd run to my bedroom. But just recently I've been hearing tapping on my shelves and on my radiator. I know the radiator is probably cooling down, but there is no excuse for my shelves because they are wooden and don't move or expand because my room isn't damp.

I have seen him in my room out of the corner of my eye, next to my cupboard. I think it's him tapping on my shelves. But it's weird, because when he does it makes me feel safe. I don't know why but something tells me he's protecting me. I don't know what of, I don't know why, but it's just a voice in my head telling me I'm fine when I hear him tapping. Also I hear something telling me his name... I don't know it's probably my head messing about (actually thinking about it really probably is) but I think its John, or Steve, I know completely different names but. Oh I don't know anybody else agree with me as in it's my head? It's telling me to include more detail so I guess I'll tell you about him.

He's fairly tall, and he wears a suit which was clean when first saw him but his suit has been getting more and muddier and really dirty. It's like he's been sleeping with pigs! He has a fairly big beard, not huge, quite prim, and a really long black jacket I know they have a certain name but I can't remember what they are called they have like a snake tongue at the back any way and he wears (now muddy) black, well ironed trousers. A white shirt and bow tie and of course what I said at the start a black top hat. Not one of those really tall ones, it's like half the size as one of them (in height). Anyway please comment any explanations!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monsterunderthebed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I have read a bunch of stories about a shadow ghost in a top hat. Of course, none of them have as much detail as what you have shared here. I just think it's interesting that he doesn't really make you uncomfortable. When I read about the top hat ghost in other stories, he usually frightens the people who see him. I wonder why he is getting more unkempt. That is fascinating. You rarely hear of a ghost going through a transformation. Now demons, they seem to be able to change all the time. I don't want to say this is a demon here, because I would hate to give advice that was wrong, to anyone. I'm glad you feel like he is watching over you. But I'd be wary of something that seems to be getting ickier as time goes on.
Beanzgirl (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
R.I.P Joseph Slater S.R. ❤ you grandpa... I wish I had the chance to meet you 😢
ghostproblemhelper (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
i donk really know I just--do I never really learned it just came to me
Ghostified (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
ghostproblemhelper- If you know so much HOW DO YOU TALK TO GHOSTS?
ghostproblemhelper (5 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
1. I can speak with ghosts and iv done research
2. Gg is a fastway to say guardian ghost
Ghostified (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
can anyone tell me how to communicate with ghosts? Or would that be a bad thing? Without oujia boards and that stufff just with the stuff I could possible have a home
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
ghostproblemhelper,
How can you possibly know this 'things' name with just this story as a guide? And, what is a 'gg'?

God bless!
ghostproblemhelper (5 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
the ghost you decribed, I know who he is! Edward is his name my guardian ghost is his daughter! So don't be worried but put salt around the dorrs windows and walls if a gg is near somthing bad is coming! 😐 😐
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
I am not so sure that trying to communicatte right off is the best option. I would say tell him to go to the light, to gain peace. You do not know truly what this 'things' intensions are.

You could start by trying to research your home and/or the land your home is on. Have others in your home had experiences they can not expain?

Please just do not jump into something as far as communication with 'him' to lightly. Do your research and protect yourself and your family.

God Bless!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
All I can add here is that you're whatever he wants to tell you is up to him to give and you to understand. So what the previous posters have offered as a way of communicating sounds like it makes sense, and if you're comfortable with it, well that's good too.
My only question is about his clothes and the shape their in. You say they started out clean, correct? I'm just wondering how they're getting dirtier and why. It may mean nothing at all, but then again, I've never heard of this sort of thing occuring before. Of course I'm no expert but that does seem a bit odd to me. Any indication at all why this is happening? I'd be interested in knowing what you find out, unless you know already, either way it's puzzling.
😕
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Ok heres what's going on... Tapping or banging on walls is the number one form of communication from our spiritual friends in the next dimension... Cause we don't need to be in an psychic state to receive them that's one point!... Due to the fact that they are using there own levels of energy to create a sound that is transparent in our world and usually in certain rooms where perhaps some walls are more noise trigger friendly than others, they are reaching out to us generally to let us know that they are there... Also it is a less intimidating form of communication as they know most of us are terrified by the sight of them and the unknown... Just to confirm that this energy is communicating with a level of intelligence, ask him to stop tapping or tap depending on what you may think his inquiry is about... No need to be frighten and I can sense that your not... He probably is trying to tell you something... Has someone anyone you know passed in the last 6 months?
Daz 😁
Kingfishahh (4 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
How old are you...? I know that sounds weird XD I wish I had a guardian, or spirit guide. Having someone to talk to, especially dead (and kind. A hot boy, I wouldn't mind either... X3), would be AWESOME! In my thoughts it would be, anyway. The thing with the chasing, or feeling chased, I felt that way when I was a few years younger. I would run like hell up the stairs from my basement. Though my basement is somewhat 'friendly', I always felt weird down here, where I am now. *Looks both ways*:3
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
agree with grimm-reaper24 sounds like he is there as a guardian try talking to him ask him to confirm his name to start with and he could use the tapping for the answers 2 for yes 3 for no (no point doing 1 as another knock could be confuseing.
Please keep us posted on any updates.
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
all I can really say is just listen to him, block out any other sounds around you and focus on what he has to say. I have a guardian ghost as well, only it's a seven year old girl and her name is emma. She protects me from any harmful spirits that also reside in my apartment.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: