You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Phone Call From Another World?

Real Ghost Stories

Phone Call From Another World?

 

Friend of mine was on the phone with his girlfriend from Hong Kong and she was telling him how she received a phone call from a friend of her father looking for her father earlier in the afternoon. Her father was not home at that time so she quickly took the number down on the caller display and let him know that her father will return the call when he returns.

It slipped her mind until she was sitting at the dinning table with her parents and she realized that she had forgotten to let her father know that his friend was looking for him. When she told him the name and phone number, both her parents looked at each other with a strange look in their faces. Her father asked her if she was certain that THIS person called and left THIS NUMBER. She asked why and her mother said because this friend of your father had passed away half a year ago and this phone number should have been disconnected already. However, her father insisted on calling the number to find out who it really was and of course, the phone was disconnected.

None of them spoke a word of it after the call and she proceed to call my dorm mate in Canada, retelling him what had just happened. (I was in his room when this event took place) My buddy thought she was just playing a practical joke on him so he just laughed it off and said "Oh really? The ghost friend of your father must be bored down there that's why he called" and as soon as he said it, we heard a big bang on his wall and static over the phone with a deep voice asked "WHO ARE YOU?" My friend asked his girlfriend if she heard it she said she didn't hear anything because the phone got cut out for a second. They quickly ended their conversation and I went to bed after because I did not want to get involved with bad spirits. My friend got sick the next day and we never brought it up ever again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dywongsty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dywongsty (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Thank you for your replies.

I think my friend learned his lesson because he hasn't told me anything strange happen around him since that one time.

I used to live in a house which I believe was haunted. I wasn't the only one that had strange encounters inside the house. I will share a few more stories next time when I get bored at work.

Take care guys.

😁
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
OH I got chills reading this! I have heard of the deceased calling the living a few times. I know I've read at least one other story on this website with that happening. Also someone on "Celebrity Ghost Stories" (a TV show) had that happen to them... Kind of a silly show sometimes but it has had some really good stories! Thanks for sharing with us!
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
Creepy story dywongsty. These ghosts who mess with phones has always fascinated and scared me. I can't imagine what I'd do if it were me on the phone and something like that happened. I guess your friend has learned a lesson. Thanks for sharing this!
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
Hi dywongsty,

I again can relate to this other sharing I just read and enjoyed reading. In two cases, one involving my brother in law, a similar thing happenend over here. Though not as far as it did with your friend. But the ghosts of people who made contact through the telephone were twice taken seriously. Thanks for sharing!

Greetings,
Peter
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
ok this is scary and funny how did the dude find a phone over there... Maybe they have cells... They can tottaly text anyone they want from their black berry
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
that'll teach that guy to not be so rude! It is important to remember manners.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
I have had similar occurances, some with the phone, some with visits (you can read my stories on this site) and they are very, very frightening. Apparently this friend, for whatever reason, had wanted one last contact with your father. Perhaps he just wanted your father to know he rembered him fondly.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us,
God Bless!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
This is why I always believed that you should never speak ill of the dead. This man who was friends with that girl's father probably needed to get a message to him and got a little upset when he was being disrespected. I kind of feel bad for your friend, he was probably sacared out of his mind.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Sounds like your friend got a lesson in manners. Wouldn't you agree? Some people just have to be reminded to show respect for the departed. Plus the fact that you are a witness to this rude behavior makes it a little less likely that he'll be repeating it any time soon. Good for you for leaving him alone with his thoughts afterward, that is priceless. 😆
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Interesting story, the bang on the wall and static interference was no co incident, I don't believe that the voice was a bad spirit but agree they probably were not happy about making light of the conversation... You didn't mention anything about the phone ringing at 3am, which suggest to me your account is believable... Thank you for sharing it.

Daz
Blaqwynter (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Goosebumps galore! Good story, I had something similar happen to me 5 years ago shortly after my ex killed himself. I was on the computer with a distant friend and told him that I loved him (as friends) before letting him go, then I hear a loud bang in my bedroom. I get up from the livingroom to explore what took place in my room, and there it was. My Gingerbread house was broken, and scattered throughout my bedroom! I guess he was pissed with me for telling a distant friend that I loved him... Ooops...
bluerosesmeansdreams (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-17)
Wow I'm really amazed! Respect is important when speaking of the dead, but since he interferred with the phone connection, he must have a lingering feeling with your friends girlfriend and family. I think it has to do with your friends girlfriend, because otherwise, he wouldn't have called when her father wasn't home. I doubt the banging on the wall was him though, since human spirits don't really have that much power, he'd have to be a strong medium or the like to do that! Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: