You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Goodbye To A Restless Soul

Real Ghost Stories

Goodbye To A Restless Soul

 

As we approached this 19th century public house, the wind howled at our faces and penetrating deep into our bodies and chilling us to the bone. We were visiting this location as we had had reports of some terrific paranormal activity, to the extent that it had actually petrified some of members of staff in this old building.

Reported activity that had occurred at this haunted location was items being thrown off the bar, customers and staff a like complained of been touched by unseen hands. A cold breeze blown on unsuspecting faces of innocent drinkers, where no breeze was apparent. The sighting of a spectral being sat by the window smoking a cigar had also been noted by many witnesses, the ghostly shape was said to be dressed in garbs from a time long ago.

As a psychic medium and owner of a ghost hunting company, I get asked to visit many reputedly haunted places, I had been asked by the landlord of this public house to see what was causing the paranormal phenomena that was scaring so many of his customers and staff too.

As we entered the building through the oak door, I felt the presence of a spirit male energy in front of me, I quickly asked through my gift of medium ship who he was. He said that his name was Edwin, the former landlord of the pub, I asked via my spirit guide Simo, was he culprit causing all the paranormal activity that was scaring everyone.

He replied that it was him, and that he felt angry that an item of his had been removed from the pub. On further communication with Edwin he described how for many years there had been on display in the pub, a drinking tankard that had been his when he had lived on our earth plane. This act by the new landlord had infuriated him to the point of been responsible for the recent activity.

I asked the present landlord if he had moved any items recently, from the bar area, he described how he had moved some 'junk' into the loft that had been decorating the bar area. I asked him to bring a drinking tankard down from the loft and place back where it was once was, he look at me mortified, and asked how I knew about the tankard. I replied it's my job too.

The landlord then went into the loft and brought the tankard down and placed it in its rightful place, on a hook that was screwed into the bar area. I felt the energy as a medium we get associated with buildings subside, Simo my spirit guide informed me that, Edwin now was at peace again. This event happened some months ago and I was speaking to the present landlord just last week that all was back to normal, and now in fact he now talks to Edwin, when he's by himself after hours.

Just like us, spirits can be aggrieved, but after all they are just like us in one way or another, I found Edwin to be amiable and a true gentleman to his word.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Simplyghostnights (27 stories) (6 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Firstly Lou I never charge for a spirit send a trapped spirit to the light, afterall keeping them on our earth plane helps no one, they want to leave here and go to where all their family and friends are, on the other side.

And Serenity thank you for looking at the website, also Galleries is so eerie especially the cave area.

Miracles51031,Vogysgirl and KimSouthO thank you for the nice words, and Kim why not try your local Spiritualist church for some advice in moving forward with your development. Xx
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Simply,

What do you charge your clients for your service? Is their a fee for ridding their property of negativity, or are they commissioned as future "ghost night" locations?
Not a real fan of the theatrical, but we all have to make a living, eh?

Lou
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Just had a nosey at your website - hope you have a great time at the Galleries of Justice in the summer. I used to live in a block of flats close by and our living room window looked right out onto the Galleries - sometimes I couldn't help but stare at the place because I could feel really strong energies there even from that distance.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-20)
Simplyghostnights - it's amazing, isn't it, how the removal of something that seemed so trivial to one person, could cause so much negative reaction from a ghost. The landlord offended Edwin and he retaliated, but in the end Edwin got what he wanted and everyone ended up happy. Good job 😊. Thanks for the story.
vogysgirl (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
KimSouthO, use your abilities. Don't keep them locked up. Oh & it's "Supernatural". Anyways, use your gifts as you see fit. Don't be scared.
Simplyghostnights, nice story. You eased the spirit & the landlord & the customers that experienced the anger of Edwin because of his decoration.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
I enjoyed your sharing of this visit you had. Isn;t it wonderful that you were able to put these people at ease? What an amazing accomplishment!

I have always been to frightened to use my -- gifts?-- anyway, I am glad there are people in the world such as yourself that help others with the super natural.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: