You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Hard Breathing

Real Ghost Stories

Hard Breathing

 

I was on a trip with couple of friends in London last year. We were in my best friend's old Grandma's house on a beautiful countryside.

It's a big house and I didn't hear or see anything until one night my friends went out to a party. I was sick so I couldn't go I was lying on the bed in the guest room. I put the blanket over my head and after like 10 seconds I saw someone coming forward. I took the blanket off and there was no one; I felt a little weird cause no one actually was home. After a while I went to the kitchen so I could drink some water; when I get back to the bed I swear I felt like someone or something was breathing so hard in front of me.

I screamed and ran out until they got home.

So does anyone have any kind of idea what would that thing could've been? I can't sleep at night until now. I told my friends, they laughed and told me that I have lost my mind. I think I have but please if anyone knows something feel free to comment.

I really want to know what happened to me, it isn't look like any other story I read a lot story about paranormal stuff and none of them look like mine.

I'm from New York and I don't fall for ghost story easily so trust me this one was true.

Other hauntings by juju92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, juju92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Frankie_Elise (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
Err, I don't really know what to say about this, it's possible you saw and heard something, but I don't think you could rule out the possibility it was you imagination. If you have any questions, I'm sure I'll be able to answer them (i'm just busy trying not to run from the room, my ghost nate is making the space seriously cold) so yeah, I hope all goes well!
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
yeah sacry to death... England is a really great place but sop damn scary.
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
I live in england and yeah there seems to be etheir a hell of a lot of ghosts here or a lot of us have over active imaginations. There isn't one person that doesn't have a ghost story to tell. Cool place to live though and I have seen ghosts quite a lot of places I have been or I too keep hallucinating along with other people who live in the same place. Weird. Cool story, must'v been scary 😊
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
boombox. No I didn't do anything unrespectful to the house. But I did actully go to check the roof there was plants and a vase... And a really big mirror. But I didn't break anything... Maybe that thing did't like me... And it wanted me to out... Thanks for reading hun 😁
Boombox (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
Hi juju. As I was starting to read your story it sounded familiar and I remembered that I read it the other night before bed. This was before we formally met today, of course. ^_^ Anyway, you certainly haven't lost your mind. All I know for sure is that London and its buildings/homes are OLD. So, you can imagine the amount of energy that has been absorbed. You could have experienced some of this energy. Or, whatever you saw coming towards you could have been a trick of any outside light caused by the blanket over your head, but I'm sure you know in your gut what it really was.

I have one question: Did you do anything to disrespect the house?
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
thank you all for your comments
Taz890. It was right in front of me,
Javelina. England is a strange place itself
Lulughost79. I have ask my friend but the strange thing is her grandma is alive. Thanks all
lulusghosts79 (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Wow! I am sure that was an overwhelming and scary experience. Perhaps it was someone who had a hard time breathing when alive and was curious as to who you were. I saw that you described it as sounding like an animal though. That is creepy. Please keep us posted and let us know if you experience anything else. This one is a little hard to explain. I guess the best thing to do is ask your friend about the grandma and try to do a little research. Good luck!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Thanks juju92. I had to put it out there though. I have an aunt from England, she says if you don't have a ghost in your home there, you're not paying attention! 😊 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
hi juju92 what a strange experiance to have just a question or 2 was the house a renivation as some country homes are converted from old farm buildings,
Also you say it was like some kind of animal like a horse was the breathing comming from directly in front of you or from above?
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
thanks for reading JAVELINA your theory is kind of funny but no I'm pertty sure it wasn't heating unite and I did saw someone... The hard breathing was like someone is breahing with so much anger in front of me it was like a hores or some animal...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
juju92,
You mention that the house was big and sat out in the countryside. Without knowing the time of year or the weather at the time you were staying there, I can only guess at the possibility that it may have been chilly that night. If it was and the heater was set to kick on once the temperature lowered to a preset level, then that could be a factor. Older homes will many times have older heating units, those older units have a way of "kicking on" with a gust or blast of air that can move the curtains on the opposite side of the room. That could explain why you thought you saw someone moving, the forced air from the unit may have given you the sensation of movement and at the same time produceded an optical illusion to go along with it. After you returned from getting your drink of water, as you entered the room, the breathing sound would just be the sound of the forced air heating in a large old home.
It's just a theory though. Let me know what you think. 😕 😊
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
it didn't sound like a human ghost it was like a huge creature breathing
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Hello You say You were stay at your best friend's old grandmother's house and Maybe it could be her Grandmother in life she might be trouble breathing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: