You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Daughter And My Great-grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter And My Great-grandmother

 

My name is Nicole and I live in California with my husband, John, and my two-and-a-half-year-old daughter Meagan. What I am about to tell you happened to my daughter every day for a week, according to her and then it stopped (the last time was Friday night, the 20th). She hasn't had any other experiences since then...

I woke up on the 11th, the second Friday of February (around 8:30), to find my daughter, Meagan, sleeping between me and John, who was awake on his laptop doing work things. He looked over and smiled, telling me that Meagan came and woke him up at 6:00, and crawled into bed with him. I nodded, thinking nothing much of it.

Later, I was making waffles for Meagan and myself (John had gone off to Fry's at Northgate to buy a new monitor for our home computer) and out of the blue, my daughter says to me, "Mommy, who's the lady that comes in and looks at me at night?" This caught me completely off-guard, and, frankly, it scared me, at least for the moment. I asked her questions, like, "When does she look at you?" "How long did she look at you for?" "What did she look like?"

It was the, "What did she look like?" that got her.

She said she 'remembered good,' and proceeded to describe her as wearing a yellow and green dress and a golden diamond necklace. She said her hair was back in a bun, she had big eyes and that she was smiling a little. She said that she stood there for a few minutes and then walked away, and she didn't see her again. Meagan said she wasn't scared, that the lady made her feel 'nice'.

I was absolutely shocked and could not believe it, but the description almost exactly described my great-grandmother, Juliette, who had died the year I was born. She had never even seen me, let alone my daughter.

This happened every day for the following week, and the last time she has seen my great-grandmother was the 20th, and she hasn't seen her since then.

I'm not really scared now, but I want to know if it really was a relative visiting a great-great-granddaughter she would never have seen, and maybe needed it to pass on, or if it was something else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nicole_scaredmother, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I agree with taz890. Don't start being afraid now, you would have known right away if it were unfriendly. But taz is right, just let whoever it is know that you want it to stop.
I'm happy to hear that you refrained from passing any fear or doubts on to your daughter when she first asked about the lady. You did a good thing. 😊 ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
hi nicole_scaredmother yes it could have been your great grandmother visiting your daughter I do feel that passed family will keep an eye on family no matter how many generations pass.
As for the feelings you are having personaly I would say outloud something like "i know your there thankyou for visiting me but its making me feel uncomfortable and could you please stop" sometimes spirits just need to know they are "felt" hope this helps
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Hello nicole-scaredmother,

I much loved reading your sharing! On two occasions two of my brothers daughters, five and four, did see our grandfather at our house. He passed away in 98 and hence never knew my brothers kids in life. We also sence him still and will smell sigar smoke sometimes.

Greetings,
Peter
nicole_scaredmother (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
I would like to add that since that happened, it has felt like someone was watching me every day. Like, I could be showering, or I could be watching TV or doing anything, and all of a sudden I will feel like someone is watching me. It doesn't feel like something nice, but it doesn't feel bad either -- just that feeling you get when someone stares at you for a long time. An uncomfortable feeling.
This can last between 10 seconds to several hours, and I want to know what it is; is it my grandmother, or something else?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: