You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Labored Breathing Coming From My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Labored Breathing Coming From My Closet

 

This is the second event I can recall very clearly.

My mother's biker boyfriend had thrown us out of the house & my mother, sister, brother & I were forced to live in a women's refuge for domestic abuse.

I won't go into that detail but he hit me & mum.

Mum searched & had found a house for us to rent & we were all so happy to get out of that horrible place.

We moved in & had been in the house for not even 6 months, then I had my 12th birthday.

I was never popular at school & didn't keep many friends, just kept to myself. Anyway I had a quiet birthday but was so happy as mum had bought me a cd player with a double cassette & my grandfather had bought me a small tv. (I was so happy & felt very spoilt).

After everyone had gone home after lunch I ran into my room & slammed the door shut with excitement as those gifts were what I had asked for & wanted. I quickly tuned in the analog tv & had it going just for light & noise. But my main mission was to tape songs off the radio as cassette 1 could record in slow play & I taped hours of music happily.

It grew dark quickly I think because I was so engrossed in what I was doing I didn't seem to notice that I was now laying on top of my bed in complete darkness. I was lying looking up at the pretty lights of my new stereo when all of a sudden it felt like lightening went through me! It started from my head & went to my toes. When it happened I saw bright white when my eyes were closed. The sound was so loud I thought it hit our close line out the back of the house?

I lay there in shock for awhile, then all of a sudden I was calm. I rolled onto my side & closed my eyes & convinced myself I had imagined it.

The tape player I was listening to had a thing once it got to the end of the tape it would make two loud clicks then play the other side. I heard the clicks but my music didn't go on. I thought maybe because I had put a very old cassette in & the player chewed up the tape before I started recording. I was about to get up to see if it was eating my tape then I heard it!

I froze in fear & the worst terror I have ever felt. I could hear someone in my room, sounded like in my built in closet & they were breathing like they were at end stage of lung cancer.

I froze & could not move I was so scared. It seemed to be very low to the ground I knew this as it crept up to my ear & exhaled so horribly. I thought I was going to die but all of a sudden I jumped up turned the TV on & my bedroom light & spun around so quick & saw no one.

I cried & sat up the whole night after that & it took me years to sleep without a light. Then I had another encounter... But that is another story

Other hauntings by terranigma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, terranigma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-10-15)
Sorrry for taking so long to get back to you ifihadyoux I can't believe it has been seven years wow! From what I can recall I am pretty sure that I was awake because I was moving my eyes around looking at the room and the TV and I think my head and neck to but I can not recall that? They say in sleep paralysis that they can move their eyes and look around the room to so you might be right maybe I was asleep?

But when the lightning force thing hit it was so powerful and shook me and scared me so much I am sure if I had been asleep it would have woken me up from sleep.

Also my room shared a wall with our garage I don't know if that is relevant to the occurrence but me and my brother were scared to go in there and I used to think that there was a ghost in there but it might have been my twelve year old mind making stuff up?
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-30)
I was very much awake as before the lightening I was sitting on top of the bed covers with my legs crossed laying on my back, with my arms behind my head. I did have my eyes closed because my eyes were feeling a bit tired. But after the flash & the thunder I sat up with my back against the wall. I am not sure how long I sat in shock for but after I lay down to sleep I started to hear the breathing.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
Yeah I have nothing on your stories. Either one. The only thing I will say is that maybe you fell asleep and sometimes dreams are so vivid and powerful, you see things you normally wouldn't and that bolt of energy you were feeling woke you up. Some people jump in their sleep, like I do, and they jolt awake.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: