You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Light That Came Through My Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

The Light That Came Through My Ceiling

 

I wake up relaxed and wide awake (around 3am). I am lying with my hands behind my head just looking up at the ceiling doing some thinking. Shortly after I see this green ball come in through my ceiling. At first I thought little of it. It came down, got lower and lower, until it was over me. I see it, don't really care much for it and try to go back to sleep. The ball then hovers directly over me, inches away. I feel something drop on me. It felt as if it was over 300 pounds. I yelled "get the F off me". I tried to yell again, but by then my whole body could not move.

I then start to hear this little girl laughing, it got louder and louder. Then it was as if there was many of the same girl laughing at once. My eyes go pitch black. As of now I can't see anything and my mouth starts to open by itself. It opens pretty wide as I lay there helpless. I still had the ability to freely think. It was as if I was a prisoner in my own body. Then I start to hear this incredibly loud screech... It was the loudest sound I ever heard. The screech abruptly stops and I regain control over my body.

The whole experience lasted around 3-4 minutes. Naturally I get off my bed and turned on the light. I stayed up the whole night too afraid to go back to sleep. I think back "maybe I shouldn't have yelled, maybe I got it mad."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Guest8534, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
If your stories don't involve ghosts or hauntings, we do have two other sister sites you may want to check out. One is for psychic experiences, that includes, but is not limited to, prophetic dreams, astral projection, telekenesis, past lives, etc. I'm sure you get the idea. The other site is for spiritual experiences, angel communication, etc.
Just go to the top of the page here, and in the upper margin you will see several choices. Click on either "Psychics and Mediums" or "Spirituality" to get there.
Hope this helps. 😊
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Lol, you're definitely not alone in this type of thing! There are a lot of other people on this that have experienced paralyzation. If you have any other paranormal experiences feel free to post them here, even if they're not strictly about ghosts. I'm glad you figured out a way not to be stuck in your bed! 😊
Wishing you the best!
~aya ❤
Guest8534 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Lol... Now that I think back... I'm glad I posted this story... I had my fears of being ridiculed, but HEY! This happed to someone else! Worked out better then I expected. At first I thought it was Exploding head syndrome... But the actual experience of seeing something get ON me kind of ruled that out. I still have many other events that I have experienced. This event... The one That is posted above was my first encounter...
The stories get a little worse... But because of the nature of this site being strictly a ghost website... I can't really post them here for interpretation...
But yeah... If this persists... Go ahead and let me know... This feeling of something getting on me trying to paralyze me would happen to me over and over in the months... Years to follow, but I learned to get the heck off the bed immediately when you feel that happening and turn on the light... Yeah... Ghost can't hurt you... But they sure as heck can paralyze you and scare your pants off.
aya22 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Wow, I had almost the same exact experience when I was 15, minus the light and the girl. I woke up around 3 in the morning to the sound of people arguing in my room. I felt relaxed, but when I tried to move to investigate I realized my entire body was paralyzed. I could think freely as well but I couldn't move just like being a prisoner in my own body. I remained completely motionless confused at the loud arguing in my room and trying to figure it out until when my mouth began to open but not because I was doing so. Then from my own mouth I assume came this really loud shriek or scream. It was deafening like as if it was right next to my ear and filled the entire room. My experience lasted about the same amount of time as your experience. The screaming shriek ended and at the same time it did I felt like a pressure come off of me and I could suddenly move again. Unlike you I was too afraid to turn the light on. My light was behind my bed and I didn't feel like turning my back on whatever was in the room. It still felt as if something was lingering there. Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience. It was very interesting and I can relate to how unnerving it was. I hadn't heard of someone having an experience similar to mine until I read this story. I find it interesting that although we both were immobilized and we were still free thinking, somehow we lost control over the movement of our mouths. Again, thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: