You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Poltergiest Pub

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergiest Pub

 

So everybody and I would like to tell you this is my first story on this website,

It all started off when I was about 6 years ago at my dad's pub which he owned it at the time. We did know about the last pub owner. He died from a tragic accident in the cellar cracking his head open on the concrete stairs. The first paranormal event was when my dad was closing the pub at night.

My dad was turning all the power off when suddenly the machine pouring the bear suddenly turned on on its own nothing big, it could have just been a fault in the machine we ignored that. But the second event was a spooky and a dangerous one and kicked off the thought of the pub being haunted was when my uncle (he is used to paranormal activity and does not fear it), disconnected all the plugs on our large gas cooker and walked away from it down the large corridor. He heard a scraping noise and all of a sudden he turned back around and saw the gas cooker being pushed along the floor scraping the floor as it went along then suddenly just stopped after being viewed by my uncle for at least 15 seconds or so. However my family was left shaken after being told what happened and the pub now felt bone-chilling to our family.

The third event was a little different than the others it involved a taxi driver (star taxis, my uncle owned the taxi base), he sent a driver to go and pick my dad up from the haunted pub and he did as he was asked. When he reached their my dad had locked up and then walked over to the taxi to get dropped off but the driver stopped him and got out he said to my dad 'there's a man in that window' and my dad said, 'shut up, don't be silly mate' in a laughing way as my dad thought the man was joking with him, then the man complained the figure in the window was waving at him yet my dad could not see him then my dad opened the pub and investigated upstairs and spookily there was nobody there and my dad got a suspicion it was the evil ghost so my dad went back outside and told the story to the driver who was terrified and the driver said he was never going back to that pub EVER again.

My uncles 4th event was the spookiest of the spookiest, so we tried to obviously eradicate the ghost being Indian's our uncle knows magic and chants to get rid of the evil spirit. He was advised to take this special candle around with this thing burning inside of it while saying a chant. He was terrified but couldn't show any fear to the evil spirit who was following him because he could here footsteps and taping on his shoulder the light was also going on and off, (this next part is difficult to believe but trust me it is god damn real). He saw all along the corridor something that almost gave him an heart attack he described it was a wall full of evil spirits screaming and moaning as he went along they also tried their best to grab him by sticking their hand out towards my uncle and this ended when my uncle went in the next room he came out to see the corridor with its normal walls he could never forget that his whole entire life.

Hope you liked my story but there were a couple of other events but weren't a big issue so...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jatinder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
jatinder,
It's a good story, and the incident with the taxi driver was very interesting if only for the fact it gave us a view from outside the family. I'm a huge fan of haunted restaruants, pubs and Inns. Having worked in a couple myself, I find the experiences fascinating and have always wondered why a ghost/spirit would hang around and not just move on (given the chance of course). What is the name of the pub and town it's in? If it's too personal a question, then I apologize. It's just that I like to keep a list of places I want to visit, if ever given the chance, and this pub is one of them.
Thank you for sharing.
😊
jatinder (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
in my opinion the ghost was as it was not happy with us in its pub and provoked us a lot that's why I said it was evil
aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
This is just a conjecture, but only jatinder can clear it up really. My first guess is they labeled it as "evil" because of the prominent feeling they received and assumed it was evil? Sorry if I poked my nose...
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Yeah, I could certainly see/understand that. Although I would have prefered to hear jatinder explain--thanks for pointing that out... Also curious how the family came to the conclusion this entity was "evil"
aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Wow, sure does sound scary indeed. I wonder if the history of the place goes further, like being built on top a graveyard or something of the like?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Well Pjod I am not scared of the paranormal but I do tend to get scared while "fighting" it. It does make sense that the uncle doesn't have a fear of the ghost but more of a fear of the unperceived events that could happen during a cleansing. I am the very same way. I may go through the motions and be successful in my cleansing but that doesn't mean I wasn't scared out of my mind.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
couple things stuck out. There was never a reason given for this spirit to have been suddenly tagged as "evil"...just a bit of activity, than the word "evil" pops into the story, describing the spirit. Also, the first paragraph tells us, your uncle is not fearful of paranormal activity, then the last paragraph tells us how terrified he is before conducting his cleansing... 😕
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Sounds like a scary place! I too would like to know what the pub was called and what town it was in!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
That's rather interesting, but do you think you could recall which pub it was, it's name, and what city it's in?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: