You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Magic Door In Pub Or Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Magic Door In Pub Or Ghost

 

So to start off, I want to point out this experience didn't happen to me but happened to my mum now I can't quite remember when it was, but I know that it was at least 2 years ago.

It was a late night sometime in the week, around Wednesday, Thursday and when this account happened it freaked me out to the point of crying. Ok, and let's get something straight, I hardly ever cry especially over something like this.

At the back of the pub (that was were we were when this happened) there is this alarm and the alarm works so if something is opened it will give us what it is and where. For example: hall, window. The pub was cleared out and everybody had left. Just before we were about to leave, the door we were sat in front of opened as wide as it could go, bearing in mind this is a VERY heavy door and there was no way the wind blew it open. There was no hand and my mum's friend checked the alarm and it said "bar, window, door" but when we looked nothing was there.

Basically I was so freaked out that we called the police to check the security footage and to search the entire building but they found nothing. If you have read my other story you know I don't have big experiences with the paranormal and even though this wasn't me, I still think it is the scariest and creepiest thing ever happened.

My mum and her friend does not believe in ghosts and I respect that but even my mum doesn't have a explanation and she always seems to have a explanation or a solution but this stumped me, her, and her friend.

Please give me some suggestions on what it could be. That would be a massive help but please, not it was the wind. The door is too heavy to be opened by the wind and it wasn't even windy so...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 101crazy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-24)
I am convinced that every single pub in the UK is haunted. Are you kidding? Of course they are. There's hardly a pub in your country that's less than five hundred years old... Hahaha... At least, every pub and inn that I encountered in the South West seemed to be... Widdecome on the Moor and Sourton get a special shout out for being extra special terrifying. Just sayin. Signed, the very impressed Australian. The oldest pubs we have here are like, two hundred years.
101crazy (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-14)
thanks for the idea but i'm pretty sure this is not possible as they were at the back of the pub where they can see all the doors I know I forgot to mention this but they also said no body went near enough to the door to have don't anything and when they checked the security cameras they double checked the door and nothing appeared to be wrong with it plus they were sat right in front of it and would have noticed if it was that.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Hi 101crazy, could one of the customers have leaned on it before they left by accident and unlatched it, then when your mum & friend were sat next to it, the weight of the door finally gave, causing it to open. Because it was a heavy set door, the weight of it would have given it momentum to open as wide as it did?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: