You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Experience At An Irish Pub In Seattle

Real Ghost Stories

Experience At An Irish Pub In Seattle

 

I graduated high school in 2011 and senior prom was in June. I was one of those kids that hated high school and cliques so I decided early on in the year that I wasn't going to go to prom. Instead, I was going to use the money I had been saving for the last two years to go to Seattle, WA to see the new Kurt Cobain exhibit at the Experience Music Project and visit his hometown in Aberdeen, WA with my mom. I had been writing to his grandpa since I was 16 so he was going to show us around Aberdeen on the day that we were there. Going on this trip allowed me to cross off one of the first things on my bucket list, and I'm so grateful I was able to have this experience. One of the other things on my bucket list is to go to every location they've been to on one of my favorite television shows, "Ghost Adventures." So, knowing that one of the locations was in Seattle, my mom and I made plans to go there for dinner one night.

We arrived in Portland to spend 2 days there before we were going to drive to Seattle for 4 days. On "Ghost Adventures," they also went to the Shanghai Tunnels in Portland and my mom and I were going to go there, but the two days that we were there they weren't giving tours. (Now I have another excuse to go back one day haha).

Anyway, on our second to last night in Seattle, my mom and I spent the day at Pike Place Market just shopping and watching Beatles impersonators perform. When 5 pm rolled around, we were both pretty hungry and went to Kell's Irish Pub, the pub they visited on "Ghost Adventures" for dinner. Kell's started out as a mortuary and the doctors and owners of the mortuary would often resort to killing people in order to make more money. Kell's is reported to be haunted by demons, spirits of the deceased, and many other spirits. If you want a good scare and more of a back story on the place, you should definitely check out this episode of "Ghost Adventures."

When we got there, we were practically the only two people there because their busy hour wasn't for another hour or so. We began talking to the workers and one of the regulars who is always there about the hauntings, the show, and their experiences. My mom, who doesn't really believe the show is real, excused herself to use the restroom. A minute later she came out of the bathroom freaked out and whispered to me that she felt like someone was watching her while she was in there and had to leave. Of course, I thought this was awesome, so I went in the bathroom and closed the door. There was no one else in there except for me, but I suddenly got the same feeling my mom had. I shrugged this off as me just being preoccupied with what my mom had said and went in one of the stalls. All of a sudden, I got this overwhelming feeling that I was going to see and old woman's decomposed feet with sandals appear under the stall for some reason. Thankfully, I didn't see that but I quickly washed my hands and ran out of there.

The workers were nice enough to let my mom and me in the backroom where the bar is. Since no one was there, it was pitch black dark and all the chairs were on the tables. The room was huge and on the back wall, there was a small mirror surrounded by wooden panels. So, I was taking a ton of pictures hoping to capture something and my mom was right behind me. We were both commenting on how creepy it was in here and then my mom said that she had had enough and was going to sit back at the table. I stayed in the room by myself and continued to take pictures for a few minutes. As I moved farther into the room, I took more pictures of the back wall and the tables around there.

Suddenly, I had this feeling that someone was standing right behind me, staring over my shoulder. I was a little nervous but I figured it was my mom and turned around to ask her what she was doing back in there. When I turned around, I didn't see anyone or anything except darkness so I ran out of there full speed and sat at the table. I began telling my mom and the regular at the other bar in the front room about what happened as we were looking through pictures. Then, we all saw something that scared the crap out of us.

In one of the pictures I took of the back wall, a distinct face appears in the corner of the room. I tried debunking it as being a flash on the mirror, but the mirror was on the middle of the wall and the face appears in the corner. In another picture, it looks as if there are 3 veiled figures gathering around one of the tables. Once I figure out how to put pictures on here, I'll upload them to show everyone!

Other hauntings by ghosthunter102

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghosthunter102, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
That sounds like a pretty creepy picture! As far as the strange feelings... I think EMF is something we always have to keep in mind for that --- especially in old buildings with old wiring.

I have been to Kells before, but the one in Portland. I lived in the pacific northwest for about 3 years, in Astoria, which is about a 2 hour drive from Portland. If you make it back to Portland, you definitely need to take a trip out to the coast. There are PLENTY of haunted locations to check out --- Old Fort Stevens (especially Battery Russell -- an old coastal defense installation from WWII that was shelled by a Japanese submarine -- totally abandoned now and one of the creepiest places I have ever been in my life), an old shipwreck is on the beach not too far from the battery, Cannon Beach where they have their famous Bandage Man ghost (some weird mummy looking guy that supposedly chases your car), and not to mention the numerous bigfoot sightings. There is a certain energy that the Pacific NW has... Its hard to explain if you've never been there.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
Can't wait to see the pics!:D
Also, I'm thinking I need to visit this place soon.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-09)
Hey - I live in Seattle, and yes, Kells is supposedly haunted. I've been there a couple times, but haven't really experienced anything out of the ordinary myself.

Google Kells Seattle Ghosts, and a ton of stuff comes up.

If you come back to the area, there are some great Ghost Tours. Seattle's got a lot of ghosts. When you're of age, check out Merchant's (a bar). It's pretty spooky too.
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
bambam- they are real, I just still have not figured out how to upload them haha. I've followed everyone's directions but I never see the option to upload anything! I can try to upload them with the next story I post
bambam (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-18)
Ill wait for the pictures to be uploaded... If they are real then it going to get really scary...
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-26)
Thanks valkicry! I'll work on getting those pictures up within the next week! 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
I think what you need to do is upload them to an external service, like Photobucket, then post the link.
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
thanks guys!:) I'm going to upload the pictures as soon as I figure out how lol. Does anyone have any idea how to do that?
v0xp0puli101 (10 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-24)
share those pics...

Can't wait to see it.

Thanks and best regards!

😉
Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
I love "Ghost Adventures"! Kells was on Season 4 Episode 14~! ^_^

The episode they had on Kells Irish Pub was awesome since they got good evidence, especially the picture of the figure on the stairs.

You have got to up those pics! I really want to see it! ^_^
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Creepy...lets see those pics asap [please]

Another place for me to visit before I die
elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Would love to see the pictures when you get them up! That bar has an awesome history. Lucky that you got to visit it!
Scorpio_Soul (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Please upload the photos ASAP! It's a very interesting and cool story!:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: