You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Terrifying Sight

Real Ghost Stories

The Terrifying Sight

 

It was only yesterday that this happened. I was sat in my bedroom, when I realized that one of my curtains was gently moving. I froze, as anyone would. Before then, nothing like this has ever happened to me! Anyway, it stopped, and I checked the house for any open windows. None. I was really, really scared now, and mum and dad was asleep.

I went back upstairs, and what I saw made me feel truly terrified. A woman was lying on the top step, blocking my way. I can't describe how scared I was. Her hair was a dark color, and was draped over her entire head, and at first, I thought it was my mum, as she has dark brown hair. I slowly backed away. Honestly, I just wanted to keep away. The feeling was enough to make me scream murder, but nothing would come out.

Then as I was on the bottom step, her head just snapped up, and she stared right at me. Her face was all torn and mutilated, and at that point, I had to scream. I screamed as loud as possible, and this terrified look came across what was left of her features. Then she just vanished.

A few seconds later, my dad came out, angry as anything, and I explained everything. I can't tell if he believed me or not, but he looked really scared. If anyone has an explanation, please tell me! I'm terrified. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Joojoodolly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Hello! Sorry, I've been a bit threatened by an incident. That's why I left the site for a few days. Well, mum and dad have been really strict lately. They've started sending me to bed earlier because they think it's lack of sleep:/ and they are believers too, yet they won't believe me: [at] . I don't have any siblings, I'm an only child, and the landlady told us, I think, just before we moved in, that a lady, who was seeing some man a lot younger than her was killed in the garage, by her husband:s. The young man she was seeing, turned out to be his son from another relationship. It was so terrible. I was terrified, because of her appearance, but imagine how she felt: (. I have yet to submit another experience, which has happened, but I'll be typing it up shortly. I'll give a brief overview of it now! It was the night after the first incident, and I was still shaken. I was playing Tomb Raider, when I suddenly heard 4 scratchy taps, that sounded like they were coming from inside the wall:/ And my mum and dad were watching tv downstairs. I heard this light set of footsteps heading towards my door. I know, I should have been scared, but I wasn't! I actually started getting this weird urge to laugh, but before I could, the door nudged open, a small opening was made, too small for a person, and, a white lamb wandered into my room. I was speechless, as the lamb stood there, just staring at me. Just to let you know, lambs are my favorite animal, and I adore them. I got off my bed, and slowly walked over. The lamb stood steady, a pleasant warmth about it. It then bowed it's head, and exited the room. Obviously, I ran right after it, but the lamb was already at the bottom of the stairs. It gave me one final stare, and then trotted through the front door:s. I actually smile when I remember it!
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
That is definitely a terrifying experience. Have your parents/siblings/extended family/friends had any experiences in your house? Start asking neighbors who have been around for awhile if they know of any incidents (murder/abuse etc) that happened in the house or very near the house. Look up information on former owners, newspaper articles about the house, the local library is a good place to start, the internet has a lot of information but it may not be reliable. Many libraries keep archives of old newspapers and one close to home is more likely to have articles about your area.

Get as much information on the house and area around it as you can. And ask if anyone else as had any kinds of experiences in/around the house. You'd be surprised what you can find out! Good luck, looking forward to more detail!
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
That does sound terrifying! It sounds as though she was scared to though, very sad. However, try blessing or smudging your home to get her out. Keep us posted.
-Hayz
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Have there been any further occrances? Have your parents indicated anything strange hapening in the home? How about siblings? Do you have any siblings and have they indicated anything strange?

Look forward to hearing more detail,
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: