You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Noise

Real Ghost Stories

The Noise

 

This has happened to me just a couple times in my life, well, maybe just a little bit more. But I remember the first time when it happened; I was running for my life...

One night, I was sleeping over my sister's house in Bristol, RI. Her and her boyfriend for many years lived there for approximately 5 years at the time and did not have any kids. So, over and all, the house was really quiet. So, that night, my middle sister Terry, and I, decided to go sleep over Susie's house, which is my sister that lives with her boyfriend. Before Terry and I arrived at Susie's house, we went to pick up a couple of funny movies and some popcorn for all of us to share. We finally arrived there around 9:30 pm and Jimmy, Susie's boyfriend, opened the door and let us in. After that, we all settled down and watched a whole bunch of comedy movies.

Later on that night, Susie and Jimmy were asleep and Terry and I were awake. We were just watching movies on the TV and just talking up a storm. I asked Terry if she would sleep in the bedroom with me so I wouldn't be bored before I go to bed. But, before I knew it, Terry was fast asleep on the couch out in the living room, so that left me to be alone in the room.

Now, on a side note, I never really thought the house was haunted or anything. The neighborhood was very close knitted and everyone knew everyone. If anything was haunted, the whole town would have known. The room I slept in was just an average room with just a TV and a DVD player in it pretty much. Nothing fancy. The bed was just a full size bed and didn't make any noise at all.

I finally fell asleep in the dark room alone. Not worrying about a thing. I knew that Jimmy had to get up early in the morning so he can get out and go to work so I figured just go to bed before anybody catches me awake. During the night, I slept very well, until I heard a thump right next to me, like someone was hopping off the bed. I woke up, thinking it was Terry but when I opened my eyes wide, I didn't see anybody. The door was shut tight and everything was just in silence. I was a little bit afraid but I just ignored it and went back to bed.

The next couple of hours, I woke up. I looked over at the clock and it said 7:45 am. I knew Jimmy had to be at work at 6:00 am. I rolled over and wanted to head back to my dreams until I heard creaky noises, like someone walking around in the dining area. I yelled out "hello! Is anyone awake? Terry, uhh...Susie, is that you? Come in here and sleep with me..." No answer from anybody and now I started to get a little nervous because the creaking noise is coming closer towards my bedroom door. "Stop messing with me! Who is it?!" I yelled again... Hoping that someone would start giggling and bust open my door. The door started to creak open really slowly. I sat up in my bed and looked towards the door. BANG! The door swung open and hit the wall. No one was there during that time; it was the winter so no doors or windows are open. I called out again. "Terry, Susie, stop scaring me. I'm going to cry. Stop it!" That's when I started to cry because I saw a dark shadow fly right by the threshold of my wide open door and go towards the living room. Then the black shadow came back to my bedroom and made a noise. A noise like psss... Like it was calling me to come out. I jumped up quick, feeling almost brave and I ran out of my bedroom and into the living room where my sister was asleep. I ran to her and woke her up. She woke up and was starting to cry. "Terry, terry! What's going on? I'm so scared Terry." She held onto me and was crying also. "Soka, I was just having a nightmare that something was hovering over me and it wouldn't go away. It looked like almost like a black shadow or something."

We sat there for a minute and held onto each other tight. We both got up and ran to Susie's room where she was asleep also. We both jumped up on her bed to wake her. She woke up confused on why we both were crying hysterically around her. We told what happened to both of us and right away, we got up and all 3 of us left. Susie came with us to my Mum's house and she didn't go home until Jimmy came to pick her up.

After that, Susie never told us about any occurrences or anything of that sort. But we knew there was something in that house. After that, Terry and I always called Susie to come to our apartment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sokagerman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
Well I probably would have been a little frightened myself. That was quite rude throwing your door open like that. And the noise making trick? Sounds like a bully to me, picking on the girls and making them cry. The thing is, this sounds like something new in the house because your sister seemed quite surprised too. Hopefully it's moved on. Since you two haven't gone over to visit lately, and your sister hasn't had anything happen. Maybe it got bored and left. ❤
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Luckily, none of of you were harmed, and just scared. It sounds as though the enitity was just passing through. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: