You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Can She See Them?

Real Ghost Stories

Can She See Them?

 

My dog is a 6 year old English springer spaniel. We've had her since an 8 week old puppy and love her very much. Her name is Millie.

She's always been such a placid and relaxed dog, until something began spooking her. It first started a few weeks before Christmas, as did the events in my last story.

My family and I were sitting watching TV in the front room when all of a sudden; Millie sprung to her feet and started viscously growling. If you have a dog, you know they raise there hackles on there back when they sense danger or try to make them selves look bigger. The curtains were closed so she couldn't see anything, and then she began pouncing on unseeable objects.

She still growls at random moments, and even scarier is she just sits there sometimes, tilts her head backwards, lifts her ears and just stares with wide eyes, almost as if someone is asking her to stay were she is. If you try talking to her she just ignores you, and then she comes out of her 'trance' and walks off wagging her tail. She had one of these moments earlier on today, but she's okay now.

She never goes in a room by herself and cries at the door until you let her in. I don't want ANY harm to come to my dog, but I can tell that she sees something, but I don't know what exactly.

What's upsetting my dog?! Please help me!

Other hauntings by Emm_xoxo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emm_xoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ThatBlueScarf (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
I don't have that much experience with animals and the paranormal, but try this advice. Hayz had good advice there, but maybe add some soft talking to calm Millie down. Just randomly go on and on about your day in a soft voice. If she ignores that, then I don't know what to do. -BlueScarf
Emm_xoxo (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-12)
Sorry to hear that In-com-plete, musta been awful getting rid of your dog like that:/

Any more comments would be greatly appreciated!
In-com-plete (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
I just moved into a new house back in September. Had my dog Belle since October of '04 when she was 7 weeks old. Grew up in my old place and I couldn't ask for a better dog. Didn't growl, bark, bite or anything. Well after moving here, she was always scared. From the moment she stepped in the door she was frightened horribly. And in case you are wondering, I took her all kinds of places over the 6 years I had her. She loved going places, but was just freaked out in the new house.

Long story short, she acted about like your dog after we moved. Except she wouldn't leave my side in this house and would shake all the time.

On halloween she growled at me, showed her teeth, and about 20 minutes later bit me.

I got rid of her the next day. Can't say that will happen to your dog. But I firmly believe what's in my house changed my Belle. And quite possibly could do the same to yours.
Emm_xoxo (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
I appreciate all the helpful comments guys! Thanks a lot everyone ❤ ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Everyone before me is correct in their assessments. One thing I would try is to bring in another dog to 'walk the house' and the outside perimeter. If there are certain times of the day or night that she seems to have these episodes more often, do it at those times. You really want to eliminate any environmental causes first.
Also, ask your neighbors that own dogs if they've noticed any behavioral changes in their pets. I had a problem along these lines once and it turned out to be a low frequency hum coming from an electrical station nearby that was remedied once I reported it to a noise pollution office in the city government (I happened across the number by accident in the city pages of our local phone book).
Process of elimination first, if all that fails...
huendchen (49 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Dogs have very sensitive hearing. They bark at what seems to be nothing, but it can be (and most likely is) something they can hear that's further away than what the human ear can hear. Dogs also just act weird sometimes. One of my dogs is very neurotic and sometimes does the strangest things, but I don't think it has a paranormal explanation.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
hi emm xoxo firstly don't worry about anything hurting your dog it won't happen, from what you have writen your dog has already given her warnings and these have obviously been taken on board by her "visitor"

You say when she comes out of her "trance" she walks away wagging her tail so shes happy with what happened so again its friendly and won't harm your dog.

I understand your worrying but if it was nasty towards your dog she would run or act like she did to start with back up, growling as this has stopped then she has accepted her new "friend"
Hope this helps you feel better about it all
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Animals are very sensitive. They can hear and see things that many people can't. It sounds as though something could be messing with her. Try telling it to stop very loudly and sternly.
-Hayz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: