You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandfather Says Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather Says Goodbye

 

I was 12 when my grandfather passed away. For the next few months, me and my brother and sister would stay over with my grandmother once a week to keep her company. One night over there, I woke up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. This is unusual for me, especially since the house was quiet and I had no bathroom needs. But since I was up and wide awake, I decided to use the bathroom anyway and then get something to drink.

On the way back from the kitchen, I distinctly heard the sound of steady breathing coming from the living room, which was pitch black and supposedly empty. A little freaked out, I told myself the sound was somehow echoing down from the bedrooms and went back down the hall.

As I passed my grandmother's room, I heard her snoring a bit - the sound was not her. I peeked in on the sibs; not them either. Somehow, I made myself go back down the hall to see what was going on.

The breathing continued, and it was definitely coming from the living room. I stopped at the doorway and realized that it was coming from the far corner; my grandfather's favorite recliner. Like I said, it was pitch dark in there so I couldn't see a thing, but I listened for a while and went back to bed feeling very peaceful.

There's no doubt in my mind that my abuelo was trying to let me know he was OK.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zenaida_x3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
That was pretty brave of you to go back and see what that sound was coming from. I'm sure it was your grandpa just hanging out, relaxing in his comfy spot. 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-03)
I have always said that our loved ones often come back to let us know that they are okay and that they still love and miss us as much as we do them.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: