You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Is My Mind Repressing My Encounters With Demons And Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Mind Repressing My Encounters With Demons And Ghosts?

 

My name is Alexandra and I am 19 years old. Since I was a toddler, I have always desired to share my radical beliefs about the existence of ghosts with others. I wanted to let them know how closed minded these people were whenever they replied to me with "ghosts, demons, and vampires simply do not exist."

Whenever I would travel to a haunted location, my "psychic ability" would be able to connect with paranormal forces in one way or another. I have a friend with psychic abilities even though they are different from mine and she says to me that paranormal creatures are deeply attracted to my emotional and physical appearance. My friend and I had many so called paranormal encounters when we would help spirits and ghosts find their way towards the light or rid off evil demons who do not belong on earth.

Some of you may know that I have shared a story about my experiences with a "demon". This friend of mine and I have decided to use a ouija board I once had that has not been touched for years. We dimmed the lights in the room and asked the board a few questions. Suddenly, the face of a "demon" appeared in a discarded antique mirror in my laundry room. Or so I thought. Now I'm starting to believe it was nothing but an illusion caused by fear, stress, or strong and unsurfaced emotions of anger. However, my friend spotted the creature as well. I remember it had blazing red eyes, yellow skin and long, crooked pure white teeth that would smile at you maliciously until you looked away. I screamed with fright and my friend comforted me.

Eventually my friend and I forced the demon out of my house as we destroyed the ouija board in the process. We buried its remains properly in a nearby cemetery. The demon was not pleased with us and caused it to rain. It was the roughest and most blinding rain I have ever seen in my life. Once the board was buried, the demon was still angered and chopped off a strong, hardened from an old walnut tree which unfortunately landed on a person's house. This all took place last March.

I have not seen this friend for a long while now that I have graduated and left for college. I am now in a practical nursing program. Now, I am planning on making contact with this friend again and continue our friendship where it left off. There has been many supernatural phenomenon occurring within her house for her whole life. I know she is going to think I am insane when I tell her I no longer believe in demons or ghosts, but I hope she respects my opinion and these phenomenons will not interfere with our friendship any longer. I am through with hunting the paranormal and I want to begin a fresh, normal life.

Other hauntings by Alexstar26

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alexstar26, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Supernateuals do Exit this is ghost story but why not believe it like Miracles51031 say I mean not be rude either but we do believe there something out there that other can't see also My family don't believe in supernatural either cause of closed third eye plus just don't want to believe in. If you don't believe in paranormal then why write here this ghost story.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
as far as the board thing, I think you and your friend created a lot of needless drama, for your own entertainment. You sound like you're very confused, as far as the paranormal is concerned. You no longer believe in spirits? Does that mean you now think they don't exist? Or does it mean you no longer assist them like you have in the past? I must say, a very confusing story.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
I think the whole tree branch falling only proves one thing: gravity works. I live in Southern California (as has been stated more than 50 times before between my stories and replies), so I know wind can snap the brances off of trees. I've also trained in inclement weather with the military, so I can safely say every day you have a 100% chance of weather. I've been in sunny, humid areas in Louisiana that suddenly became a hurricane. I've been in Georgia where a slightly cloudy day became a huge electrical storm. I've been in New Jersey, where a brisk autumn eve became a torrential downpour in seconds. I've been in Kentucky where a warm spring day turned into almost tornado weather. Been in Iraq where a still summer day turned into a wild sand storm. So I gotta say, Mother Nature has control of weather and not a demon.

How did you break the ouija board? 7 pieces same size and shape, burning them separately and burying them separately? If not I'd suggest you go do it right. Why would you play with a ouija board if you don't even understand that a device like that is a gateway that if improperly used and handled could unleash who knows what into our world?

Convincing yourself it's all in your head does nothing to help the situation. When you don't like what someone has to say, covering your ears and yelling "lalalalala" doesn't mean that they didn't say what they had to say, or that it's any less true.

Best of luck.
aya22 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
Good last comment DeviousAngel! 😆 If this did actually happen, I think the weather would have been just coincidence.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
If demons could control the weather, the world would have ended in a cataclysm long time ago. Sorry but to be blunt, I'm not buying it. Sounds very Hollywood to me.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
Uhhh... You may have dreamed this. I really don't think any of this happened. It is very easy for people to mix up dreams and reality.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
I am going to have to agree with all my friends who posted before me. It does sound like you are trying to convince yourself not to believe anymore and that is fine you don't have to. I am also going to agree with granny on your question about your mind repressing the encounter. If your mind did repress the memory than you wouldn't have had enough recollection to report the story here. If you want to pick up the relationship with your friend after all this time, I think that is great. It's also ok for you to tell your friend how you feel about ghosts now, and you don't need to continue ghost hunting to be friends. Not sure about that whole graveyard, demonic storm part. Sounds kind of horror movieish to me 😕
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
Hi, All.

It doesn't look like this poster is going to come back to play. To me, this story is all over the place. Her opening statement claims she confronts people who do not believe in the paranormal... Or Team Edward?...she wants to get reaquainted with her friend and pick up where they left off... And then wants to tell her friend that the paranormal does not exist?
So, her friend saw the same demon she did, even though it did not exist; they forced this imaginary demon out of the house; and this non-existing entity made it rain hard enough to make a branch fall off a tree onto "someone's" house.
I guess I get confused when all the voices talk at the same time.

Quoted?...thanks, Peggy!

Lou
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Alexstar: Your original question: "Is My Mind Repressing My Encounters With Demons and Ghosts"...My answer: no... When memories are repressed, it takes great effort, and sometimes a similar trauma to recover said memory... You seem to remember these encounters quite clearly... Even more clearly than in your first story...

I'm having a hard time understanding the purpose of this post... Like one of our most distinguished posters (LouSlips) pointed out it's not a matter of whether we on this site "believe" in the paranormal, we KNOW... Are you expecting us to convince you of the existance of spirits, ghosts and demons?...If so then I think you may be sorely disappointed as most of us have stopped trying to convince anyone else...

Or, are you asking if those of us who "know" can be friends with someone who's skeptical?...The answer to that is absofreakinglutely... 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Good point aya22. I think you just may have hit on the problem here. If so, this may be her best option for now. 😐 😕
aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
I read this story in the way that you still believe in the paranormal, but you don't want any of it as a part of your life anymore. If that's the case, then I think you're already on the right start. I think there's a law of attraction when it comes to things paranormal. If you vehemently repel it as much as you seem to want to, then whatever was bothering you before won't waste their time with someone who won't give them any attention. Are you looking for ways to rid yourself of something?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Alexstar26,
This place is as good as any to get to root of your feelings, because people here do care. I'm sure you know this, so come on back and let us help you or you can help us. But I have to agree about weather thing, no one controls that. No demon, no entity, it's just nature. No mystery involved at all.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Hi Alexstar26, I don't believe that demons have any power over nature. The rain and storm was definitely caused by nature. I agree with the other posters too on everything they said, but I also get the feeling and impression that you just want to shut yourself down to the paranormal because it frightens you. Meracles51031s' got a point that if you want to talk this is the right place. Take care. Trix. ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Just re-read your Is the Demon Still Following Me story, and now I'm having more difficulties. This is the same story as that one, but with changes in a few details. In the other story you mention the demon's red eyes and yellow skin, but not it's teeth. In this story, you add in the detail that it had long, crooked teeth. In this story, you make no mention of the people wandering by you when you went to bury the board at the cemetery. Same story, different details, I'm confused. Even more lost when I try to reconcile your claim to be done with ghosts with your presence on a site dedicated to ghosts. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't understand.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
I'm having some difficulties with this story. Mostly the part about the demon causing a storm and knocking a limb on to someone's house. Weather can be unpredictable, even on a clear day the weather can go bad fast. Why do you believe the storm was caused by an angry demon?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Javelina - I was thinking the exact same thing. Funny, huh? It's almost as if she's trying to convince herself and by saying it and putting it out here, then it makes it so. Kind of like the old saying about burying your head in the sand: if I don't see it, it's not there. Alexstar, that wasn't meant to be rude or mean in any way, so please don't take it as such. It's just a way people cope sometimes.

Alexstar26 - did something happen to make you convince yourself that ghosts, demons, and the rest no longer exist? Or did something happen that makes you wish they truly don't exist?

You put this on a website where people believe in their souls that ghosts, and for a lot of them demons, do exist. So you knew when you posted this story that there would be people wanting to discuss this with you. I shut my gifts/abilities off when I was 16 because of something so terrifying for me. After 3 years of nothing, it gradually started opening back up. If there's something you want to talk about, this is a good place to do it.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Alexstar26,
OK, I'll bite. What has happened to change your way of thinking/believing? Do you no longer believe the phenomenon exists? Or are you just tired of ghost hunting? Because to tell you the truth, you don't sound all that convinced that they don't exist. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm just not getting any sense of determination from the words you've written. Hmmm...
😕 🤔 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: