You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady On The Work Floor

Real Ghost Stories

Lady On The Work Floor

 

This sharing is one my father did. In his last week at the bank where he had bin working for thirty years, where after he would finally retire, two events happened to him which were of the ghostly nature.

On monday he was standing up at his desk looking down on some papers when suddenly he felt how something hit his back. As he turned he saw one of his colleagues staring at the coat hanger laying at his feet.

"Why did you do this?" he asked him. "You will not believe me." said the man "but that coat hanger lifted up from the chair here, and flew out of its own through the air hitting your back!" And as the man was far removed from the particular chair and showed to be truthfully startled, my father, who is open to the super natural, believed him.

Then on friday there was a farewell speech being held in one of the banks halls. Several members of higher rank, from of the balcony, came to thank the staff for their many years of loyal service. And as it was a woman's turn to talk, my father noticed how behind her another woman appeared. A transparent Lady who started rising up until she was hanging above her head. She seemed to be amazed while she gazed over the crowd. Then she moved towards the ceiling and vanished into it.

The Lady wore an early 1900's dress.

We always thought these two events were related since they took place in the same week.

Other hauntings by Petersspirit

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Petersspirit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Hello JamesRobiscoe,

All of my family has always in one or an other way bin involved in the world of the spirits. Even the guy's my sister used to date (and two of them whom she married) I do not think that this particular ghost was angry with my father for retiring, I asume it just wanted to play with the living.

Hi zzsgranny,

Indeed it is something which must have him still puzzled today! I mean: seeing an object just taking off by its self, seemingly, flying through the air! Perhaps the lady was amazed that she could see the living as I did read on the site here how someone shared how they saw a spirit that seemed scared by seeing them?

Hey Miracles51031,

I know what you mean, I've read stories of others on the site here, youngsters whom are seriously scared of what they see and hear, and still can not go to their parents for help! Well, we've always had our parents and even our grandfather, my fathers dad (who is still hanging around here after his death thirteen years ago) we could go to to talk. We do not know of any other person persent there seeing the lady. The bank was foundet in 1871 so she mite have bin an oldtimer typist, I've heard we can remain daith for a long time... (yes, I believe in reincarnation)

Hello Javelina,

I guess that she thought it a pitty they were leaving, who will say? Maybe when you haunt a place for a long time you can start to realy like those you are haunting and once they move away you feel sad. What ever her reason was, there are still a hand full of people working there.

Thank you all very much for having dropped by my fathers sharing! All of your wonderful comments were most appreciated!

Greetings,
Peter ❤
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Peter--I'm particularly drawn to stories like yours, simple, direct, and unaffected. Thanks for sharing your tales. If your father's retirement was the occasion for his sensitivity (was the hanger-thrower angry he was leaving and not staying?), has he had other experiences? Have you inherited the trait?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Peter: Thank you for sharing these stories of your father's...Like Miracles, I was most amused by the reaction of the poor guy who witnessed the hanger flying through the air!...I'm sure he didn't find amusing though 😆...And I'm sure he has repeated HIS part of the story to others, as well...

I think the floating lady may have been confused by the large number of people in that particular room...Or, she was just passing through and didn't know where she was 😆...

Again, thank you for posting, and I'm looking forward to more ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Peter - you know what I love? I love stories from "our" parents. It always makes me feel good to know that someone has a parent who believes in ghosts and has had experiences and is willing to share them. Right Jav? 😆 Me? Don't have that LOL.

Anyway, the coat hanger? Wow, talk about a way to get your dad's attention. Not only his, but the poor man who saw it. I'm not sure who's reaction I found more amusing. I think the poor man who witnessed it, to tell the truth 😆.

I wonder if anyone else saw the floating woman? Seems as if she must have worked at the bank long ago and just decided to hang around. It would be interesting to know just how many other experiences there were since, obviously, if someone could throw a hanger, I would think there were other things that went on. Just one of those things we'll never know.

Thanks for sharing these stories of your dad's, Peter.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Peterssspirit, Thank you sharing these wonderful experiences from your father. I believe, as you do, that the two things were related. It sounds like the spirits of that building knew things were ending for all the people working at the bank and they didn't want them to go. They may have been trying to cause a stir to get the attention of the bosses to make them see reason and not close the bank. They probably didn't want to be left all alone in the empty space. How sad.
😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: