You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Very Own... Ghost Kitty?

Real Ghost Stories

My Very Own... Ghost Kitty?

 

When my ex-husband (then fiancΓ©) and I moved into our first house together we were extremely excited with this big step in our lives. My excitement stemmed from the fact that I was only 19 at the time so, although we had lived together for about a year in an apartment with a room-mate, this would be my very first "home of my very own". He was six years older than I was and I believe his excitement was actually more focused on his just having finished a four year stint in the Navy and getting a great job with a very big name company in the IT field.

Two days after we moved into the house, M had to leave on a business trip for his new job. This would leave me to finish unpacking our new home, completely alone, for a week. That night I focused on the kitchen. I am an incredible neat-freak so I had to wash and line all of the cabinets and wash all of the dishes as I unpacked them. Needless to say, I did not finish that night. I went to bed with dishes and glasses lined up on towels along the counter top to dry.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of dishes clinking in the kitchen. My first groggy thought was "Oh, it's just the cat", as I had spent the first 18 years of my life living in a household that always had one or more cats. About five minutes later I sat bolt upright in the bed and said aloud "But we don't have a cat!" I got up and checked the kitchen but everything was as I had left it the night before.

Quite often, out of the corner of my eye, I would see a small shadow dart by. It usually headed from the kitchen, through the dining room and down the hall to our guest bedroom or vice versa. I only ever actually saw the small dark shadow but for some reason I pictured a fluffy white cat in my head and began to refer to it as "Fluffy". I never mentioned these experiences to M, not wanting him to think I was nuts, but I did talk to my parents about them occasionally. They are very open minded as they have both had experiences in their own lives.

Several months after the cat in the kitchen incident, M bought me a beautiful American Bulldog puppy. Thor would romp through the house as if he were playing with someone or something, particularly on the route I noticed "Fluffy" liked to take.

One night as Thor was tearing through the house, M turned to me and said "It kind of seems likes he's playing with something sometimes doesn't it?" "Yeah, it does" I said. "Do you ever see a shadow in the hallway?" he suddenly asked. "That's Fluffy!" I blurted out without thinking. "Who's Fluffy?" M asked. Well, so much for worrying about sounding nuts. I plunged into the story of the kitchen and my occasions of seeing "Fluffy". Luckily he didn't think I was nuts, since he had seen the shadow as well.

Although I have read many of your stories, this is the first story I have posted myself. I would welcome any comments and questions you may have. These are not the only odd occurrences that happened in the four years living in this house, or my life for that matter, and if anyone would be interested in hearing about them I would gladly post them for you to read when I get the chance. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrsWGX2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
This story made me smile. Thanks for sharing. πŸ˜† ❀ πŸ˜†

Best Wishes
~Aiafaith1
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Hello MrsWGX2, I also enjoyed reading your story very much. I like the quirky stories, they are refreshing and it's nice to hear that people aren't always being scared to pieces. 😊 I have to say, love the name of your dog. Thor... That is the cutest and I'm sure it fits your bull dog perfectly. LOL ❀ I would love to hear about your other experiences. Oh yes, and Welcome to the site 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
DeviousAngel: Yeh I was wondering what XDGab was going on about, I think he was just agreeing with Smokey lol!

MrsWGX2: Welcome to YGS! Its good to read of experiences that arent always frightning in nature. Seems like you and your dog made a new friend.😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Chosen_One101 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
ghost cat. Now that's scary. 😨 I sometimes hear cats meowing or dogs barking at my house I know how it feels.
trippingdaisy (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
I lived in an apartment a couple of years ago where I had many experiences. I also had a ghost kitty. It would jump on my bed while I was trying to sleep. The first time it happened I felt very strange, I never thought of ghostly animals, but the feeling on the bed was unmistakable, it was definitly like a cat jumping on my bed. I had no animals at the time. I would tell my family but of course, they thought I was nuts!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
MrsWGX2 - having had many, many cats in my lifetime, and currently living with 2, 1 of whom is "living impaired" (to borrow a phrase from whitebuffalo), I completely understand the "blame it on the cat" thing πŸ˜†, even when there's no cat around LOL.

Personally I would love to read more of your stories. And you've inspired me to submit one about my "other" cat πŸ˜‰.

I'm so glad your fiance (at the time) didn't think you were nuts. It's hard enough sometimes living with these abilities, but to have someone you are close to not believe in you makes it so much harder. I'm also glad you found this site. Welcome 😊
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Well, I would almost bet at some point or another there was a white ball of fluff in that house since you really feel that is the cat you saw. I would suggest treating the house like you DO have a cat (living of course) and make sure things don't sit on edges of tables and such to get broken. Other than that, I can't really give any advice.

The other side of things is it might be like a residual haunting, where the cat isn't actually there but the house built up the energy from the cat always doing certain things (running from a bedroom to the kitchen or whateer the case may be). I wouldn't stress on it too much either way, it's an interesting situation.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
XDGab, sorry if this comes across as rude but your comment made no sense. How would it have been a negative experience for Smokey? Unless you're reiterating what he said, but you addressed him personally... I really don't get you sometimes.

To the author: this was an awesome story! I really enjoyed reading it. It's a refreshing change from all the "Ring" girls and so-called demons every other household seems to have.
MrsWGX2 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Thanks to everyone for the the supportive comments so far. It feels great to have a community to share my experiences.

SmokeyKnight:The house was a rental. I did ask the landlord, but he owns many properties. He was able to tell me that previous tennants had listed cats on the lease but couldn't tell me what kind they were. He also wasn't the original owner of the house.

XDGabRDJAXD:I lived in this house for four years and I only had one experience I would deem bad, and I do not believe it had anything to do with "Fluffy". I believe that will be my next story.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
OOh I love Kitty! I had My own Ghost kitty too even thought I know it cause I feel walk pass my legs when I brush my teeth or on computer sit down Love your story white cat wow Fluffy sound like my cat taffy *Smiles* like I say I love your Story. <3
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
SmokeyKnight: Yeah you're right. I'm glad to know that this isn't a negative experience for you too.

I love this experience, actually. But have you ever thought that this could get worse all of a sudden?
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
Very interesting. Animals have a keen sixth sense, I think you're right to figure it being a "ghost cat". Would be interesting to find out if a previous owner of the house had a cat, specifically a white fuzz ball as you described (I love cats). Glad this isn't a negative experience for you.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
hi MrsWGX2 what a sweet first post I do love the storys one here like yours. Will look out for your next post with interest thanks for starting with a nice story 😊
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: