You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirits In A Mobile Home?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits In A Mobile Home?

 

I live in Waterloo Iowa and have lived in our mobile home for 8yrs. Almost from the beginning we have experienced what was thought to be "odd" happenings.

My husband and I have 3 children and each of us has had things such as being touched, our beds, sofa and chairs we are sitting or sleeping in lightly shake, tapings or scratching on walls, glimpses of seeing "someone" walking by and even experienced hearing voices of what we swear is one of the family members calling us only to find out nobody had. It is especially unnerving when no one is home but one of us and a voice that sounds like the voice of one of the other family members calling out!

One of my very first experiences was when I and my family had retired to bed one night and I was sitting on the edge of my bed mindlessly watching something on TV. My husband had already drifted off to sleep. I caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of my eye to my left. I glanced over and saw something incredible!

Coming from entrance to our room was a sort of mist. It was glittering like diamond dust as it moved or rather, rolled over on itself over and over as it moved closer to me. It was truly as beautiful as it was amazing! It moved so close to me that I could have reached out and touched it which I regret not doing!

Just as it moved close enough to touch, it stopped, rotated back on itself and floated back the same way it came in and out our bedroom door! I always wondered what it was and why it "revealed" itself to me. Though there seemed to be an obvious intelligence to it, there was no communication between me and the mist and I have no idea what its presence was or is supposed to mean. I have not seen it since.

Just about every family member has felt taps on the head upon drifting off to sleep and my oldest son was tormented by tapings and scratching on his bedroom walls. At the time, I wrote it off as him playing around with us but now... I definitely wonder.

The happenings have become such common place that we no longer get rattled by them! (That in itself sounds crazy as I write this) It is an almost daily thing that one of us has an experience. It is mostly slight shaking of beds, just enough to feel it and as of recent, our youngest and my husband has gotten glimpses of ghostly figures out of their peripheral vision. (I have rarely had this experience except for the above described "mist".)

I will tell you this; one night I was a little more sleepy than I thought and was smoking a cigarette and had closed my eyes (I'm embarrassed to admit) when I suddenly felt a very stiff smack on the top of my head! I jolted prepared to tear into whoever it was that had smacked me so hard when it became very apparent that NOBODY (visible, that is) was there! It was a very strange smack; it had an "electric" feel to it. Like it had some sort of charge to it. It was more than clear that I was being told to wake up before I burned the place up! Nonetheless, it was very unnerving.

We have taken pictures over the years that contain orbs and most notably a back orb-like mist in one of our pictures as well as other things.

We would be very willing to allow investigators into our home in hopes of finding out exactly what is going on but as of this writing, have not

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, risingstar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AnkenyParanormal (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
this story sounds amazing and my paranormal team and I would love to come out and do an investigation free of charge. If this is something you would be interested in please message us.
Ankenyparanormalresearchers [at] gmail.com
Thank you!
risingstar (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
I would like to thank all who have taken the time to read some of our experiences 😊.

To comment back on ome of the questions...Yes, Ihave done some checking nto the history of the land we are situated on. It seems this part of town is last to be "industialized" as it has been mostly farm land since the beginning until the last 10-15 years It inhabited mainly Indians as far as I can tell. I have wondered if we are on some kind of ritual site or something but for sure, I believe the land holds some clues to our experiences...also, I am a sensitive (Empath) as well a my two oldest children.
[at] miracles51031
As far as a detailed experience... There are so many but here is one I just experienced (again) the other night.
We have had 3 different dogs at 3 differnt stages I our 8 years living here. Each was fairly on in years when we took them in. There eems to be a spot just above our bed where the wall connects to the ceiling that stirs our animals up. Just the other night, thdog we have had for about a year now, abruptly woke up out of a sound sleep as I was watching t.v. In bed and starred at the "spot". He seemed very nervous and no matter what I said or did, I could not get his attention off of that "spot" for what seemed like forever. 2 dogs we previously owned, 1 time each, barked angerly at te "spot" as well. I have often wondered if the "spot" is some sort of portal?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
510mot - gotta admit, I'm in great company, don't you think? πŸ˜†

Glad we don't keep you from offering your advice and opinion. There's always room for more 😊 and you might have a different thought we don't get out here, so don't let us hold you back. Everyone's experiences are different, even though they may seem they same, so keep commenting. I know I will πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
510mot: Hahaha gotta be quick mate lol naaa its probably because we love this site so much we are never far away from it! πŸ˜†
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Man!It seems like every time I come across a story that I find both interesting and believable,ZZsGranny,BadJuuJuu,Darkness,and Miracle beat me to the punch with the same questions and advice I planned on. And nearly as often, they offer much better advice than I could have thought of. I guess a rookie like me needs to be a little faster. πŸ˜† All I can offer is telling you that I have encountered a Knocking ghost at my previous home. It seemed harmless but intelligent. We noticed that it preferred to knock for only one person at a time and usually coincided with a bit of unexpected news or even timely good luck. Minor stuff, really. But we learned to expect it.
JCPT8 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Our paranormal group did an investigation at a moblie home park in Iowa City. It turned out that the spirit was attracted to the owner and it made her uncomfortable. So we called in our psychic and she got rid of him. Your story is very interesting and would love to help. You call email us at jcpt8 [at] yahoo.com if you are interested.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Well, this is a very interesting story here. I have had spirits actually push a cigarette that I was rolling on the floor! πŸ˜†. Its good that the spirit knocked you on the head before you fell asleep.
Love & Light, Rachel ❀
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Hello, I could have remember that I use to live in a Trailer/Moblie home before I move back to my mother's trailer/moblie cause of Hooded figure experience. Glad you have Harmless spirit in your trailer/moblie home. The harmless spirt try to save you from burn the trailer when you fall asleep with a ciggerette in between your fingers. Might be the spirit use to be fire before along came the trailer/moblie Just sugguest. Great Story DG
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
DARKNESS - hey, mate, thanks for thinking of me πŸ˜†. Darn this character limit! πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Haha as soon as I finished reading this story I thought of you Miracles, lol gotta love it πŸ˜†

Risingstar: I really enjoyed your story the description of the mist you witnessed rings some bells for me I have heard of this before and I think DeviousAngel may be on the money about the ectoplasm.
Alot of what you and your family have witnessed has been attention seeking, have you ever acknowledged perhaps talked aloud this presence? It seems like he is looking out for your family and justs wants some attention every now and then. Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Thanks for sharing your experience! It sounds like you live in a sort of "hot spot", where the electromagnetic currents are strong enough to allow these things to manifest. I do believe you have a spirit (s) or entity (ies) residing in your home just as Miracles mentioned her family does. I don't think it matters where you live, really, even if it's in a dumpster behind a liquor store. I think anywhere can be haunted.

Just a thought, I think that glittering "mist" you saw was probably ectoplasm. Ectoplasm is like spirit residue and I believe it may be the traces left behind when a spirit travels between our world and the next. The voices, scratches and other noises you hear may be naturally explained as either residual hauntings or such things as wild animals, wind, etc. But it's still possible that these are attempts at communication. The black mist you mention seeing is a possible shadowperson's attempt at manifestation. I'm very interested to hear if you have any more experiences in your home, and I hope that you will do as Miracles suggested and keep a journal of these goings-on.

The good news is there are ways to get rid of spirits if they start to scare or harass your family, so try not to feel afraid (if you do).
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
risingstar - saw my name and had to come see πŸ˜†. As granny said, oh yeah trailers definitely can have spirits and, yes, my kids and I are currently co-habitating with 2, possibly 3.

We've lived in 4 different trailers and have had different experiences in each trailer. I've posted a couple stories on here related to some of them. We've had a little girl in one of them. My son wanted to take her with us when we moved ❀.

As others have said, it sounds as if your spirits are looking out for you and your family. Thank God, huh?

Here's my typical speech as granny and BadJuuJuu can vouch πŸ˜†. If you haven't started keeping a journal, I'd recommend it. They are a wonderful tool. I started mine in 2002 and update it each time I have an occurence. I also keep track of my kid's experiences. Right now I have 61 typed pages.

Much of what you have said, my kids and I have experienced. The knocking, tapping, voices...omg, yes, hearing someone call your name that you think is a family member. Only to realize, nope no one called your name. I've been locked INSIDE the trailer... Twice LOL (Dumb blonde LOL). Anyway, just wanted to say I totally understand.

I have also, only once, seen something similar to what you described. It was in a house we lived in, not a trailer. Glad you submitted your story and I, for one, would love to hear some detailed experiences if you want to share them.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Oh yes, mobile homes can have spirits (or the land they are on). The one I'm residing in had atleast one when we moved in (it has been helped - check my stories) and I believe there is something else here but I think it's tied to the land itself over the trailer.

I saw that if you are willing to allow an investagtion team, then search around your local area. There will probably be someone out there, although since it appears that you aren't having difficulties with any spirits you would be a low prority case. Trust me, if my group was any closer we would love to go and check on things for you.

But as several of the others stated, there are things you can try to do yourself to try and explain the occurances. Check up on the ownership of the trailer, the land, local history (as far back as you can go) or if there were any deaths in the area. Are there any trains, old mines or overhead electrical wires around you? Is the trailer balanced, does it lean, have any animals moved in underneath?

Things like the touching could be explained by high emf fields (which can cause a lot of varied occurances). The mist, that I do not have any explaination for - it sounds like an amazing event to have seen.

As long as nothing seems threating or is not scaring you or your children, I wouldn't horribly worry about things. It could be residual enegry or haunting, not intelligenet.

Good luck.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
risingstar: Yes, there can be spirits in a mobile home... Just ask one of our veteran posters Miracles51031! πŸ˜†...She "lives" with a couple, or more, as we speak...

Seems like they've become accustomed to you and your family, as well...It's great when we can all co-habitate...I think the taps and scratches on the walls may be "it" or "they" trying to communicate... Also may be an animal living in your walls... Termites make some funny sounds, and it may behoove you to have the your underpining (if wooden) or wooden foundations checked...

Great story, and thank you for posting! 😊
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Very interesting story! Although I may be repeating what KimSouthO has already said, I do agree that perhaps this has to do with any history connected to the home and the land. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound sinister and I love that something may have purposely watched over you to keep you and your house safe. Thanks for sharing!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
The shaking makes me wonder a few things. Do you by chance live near railroad tracks or a highway? Just had to ask, that's the one thing in this story I can pick at, so Imma picking.
The glittery mist would have been an interesting sight. A beautiful sight. I laughed at it waking you up when you were smoking. Sounds like you have a friendly presence in the home. My dad (narcoleptic) used to fall asleep smoking. He never burned the house, but burned his fingers alot. Your housemate at least saved you some scorched fingers, and may well have saved the home.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Hello Neighbor! I live in Omaha, Nebraska.

I know a lot of us will be wondering; do you have any history on the home?

I have had a life time of experiences (you can check some of them out on this site) and would be glad to assist with what I can or what has come from my experiences.

I do believe a lot of what is occuring has to do with the history of the home or the history of the land the home is situated on.

I look forward to your response,
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: