You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: In The Window

Real Ghost Stories

In The Window

 

Across the street from where I live stands an old yellow house. No one lives there and the windows are broken. I walk by the house every school day to get to on the bus.

There's a little girl in the window, she watches me every time I walk by. She never leaves the window; at least I don't think so. She stands with her hands pressed to the window. She has long dark flowing hair and she wears a dress, but I can't tell the color. Where her eyes are supposed to be, there isn't any, it's just sockets. She looks sad, like she doesn't know what to do or where she is.

She's not the only one in the house, there's also a dark spirit. I really do believe he's the one keeping her. I've only seen him once, and that was one day when I was walking by and he was in the living room. He was talking to her, and she turned around and I walked inside my house.

I'm not sure what this little girl's name is, but I do believe she needs help. I've tried to talk to her, but she doesn't say anything. I hope that one day the little girl finds peace, I would love to help her, but I think she's shy.

Maybe one day I'll walk by and not see her. Maybe she'll find a way out of the house, and a way from the window.

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Chica22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chica22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
Chica,
I was wondering something because of an old legend I heard. The child might appear to have no eyes as she was blind from birth.
Are you sure that the other spirit is dark? It may have been someone she was connected to in life that is trying to help her.
Let us know if your research turns up anything!
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-25)
It's obvious -- JUST OPEN THE WINDOW and she will hopefully realize where she is and then you can tell her how to get into the light.
dogboy114 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
But my last comment got me thinking, if this thing had no eyes then how did you know it was watching you?
dogboy114 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
I thought no story on this web site could actually scare me but this one... WOW she has no eyes?!?!? That is soooooo freaky... I cannot get over that! Just in case you didn't realize it by now, the NO EYES part caught me off guard BIG TIME... 😭
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Scratch my last post... The writer made a post shortly before I made mine so I stand corrected from what I said in my post.

Peace
JustCurious
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
redphx - the writer claimed to see the other spirit talking to her from the living room, could be that she still was standing at the window, and just getting spoken to by the other spirit from the living room. I don't know for sure though cause I'm not the writer, just my impression that I had gotten from the story.

Peace
JustCurious
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Lilady4: I should go to the local library and find out if I can find anything about the house, if I do, I'll be sure to let you know! ❤

Giagee99: Yeah, I think she might like that. As you said, it could help. She seems to be around 1800 or so. You helped a lot, though. Thank you!

Zzsgranny: She does seem to look my way a lot. I never thought about taking pictures! That would be a good idea. Yes, I do take the same route home. 😊

Redphx: Again, this is something I forgot to mention. The only time I have EVER seen her away from the window is when she was in the living room.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Hmmm. You said she never leaves the window yet you saw her in the living room being talked to by an evil spirit.
Giagee99 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
To me it sounds like, as you said, a good spirit and bad spirit. I'm not sure if you exactly want to go into that house, but I also think maybe you should. Try talking to the good spirit again, and since shes a little girl use trigger objects. They are objects that a little girl would like, how about a ball or a pretty doll? I know it sounds silly but I really think that would help! Also what time frame does she appear to be from?
Hope I could help! 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
I was thinking that maybe the girl got killed in the house. You said she looked confused, maybe she is and maybe she doesn't know where she is. Can you tell me the history of the house?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Chica: Does she seem to acknowledge you at all?...I think it would be interesting if you could get a few pictures of the window where she stands... Maybe at different times of the day... You said you walk by on your way to school... Do you take the same route home?...Maybe get a couple on the way to, and a couple on the way from and see what happens...
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
lynrinth: What a great idea! Thank you! I will do that for her... ❤
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Well, you could pray for her spirit. Ask God to let an angel, or a relative, come and help her pass over. Or just pray for her. I think she would like to know someone still cares.
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
zzsgranny: I should have made that more clear in my story, my fault. Not all the windows are broken, just some. Sorry!
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
zzsgranny: There is a window, just some of them are broken, not all.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
How can she be pressing her hands to a window that isn't there?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: