You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mobile Home Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Mobile Home Haunting

 

I lived in a mobile home about 4 years ago in Cleveland Tennessee, it was a new trailer so why this happened no one in my family knows. We had strange things happen in there. We had heard little girls running up and down our hallway during the night and there weren't any young girls living there with us.

One night in particular my 2 oldest girls went to a birthday party while my parents, my son and I went out to eat, we all left at the same time so we know nobody was left in the trailer. We had been gone for about 2 hours and had pulled up getting ready to go in when my mom told my dad that she had the key to unlock the door. Seeing as he was the first one to go to the door he told her that the girls where home and would open the door. He could hear them running and playing in the trailer. We told him that there was no way they could get in, he said he heard them.

He knocked and checked the door which was locked. My mother unlocked the door and he went in and looked the whole place over only to find nobody in the house, at which time he went to his room and locked hisself in there for 2 hours. My daughters came home about an hour after we got home.

My dad was very upset over what he had heard. We would hear these little girls almost every night playing. At the time we did not know that the trailer park where we lived had been totally wiped out by tornadoes 3 times in the past.

Could the girls we heard be some that might have been killled by them sometime in the past? We don't know. I have a few more stories I will share about this particular trailer in the future.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, strwbrryshrtck2012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lorraineone (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Same thing happened to me. Brand new Mobile home. It has to be the land it sits on. I moved my mobile home to another site within the same park fully expecting our "guest" to move also, but it appeared we left him behind, with great relief! Another new mobile home was put at my former spot but upon asking if they had problems, they said no.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Everything previously mentioned is very valid, one more thing that came to mind which could be a possibilty is that you mentioned that the trailor was new?.
Did any friends or relatives etc give you any gifts or did you yourself bring anything in to the home that perhaps belonged to someone else at one stage? It is known that some spirits and energies are connected to material objects. Does anything like this come to mind? Thanks for sharing.

Dan
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
Other posters have already mentioned it. If a home is brand new and paranormal things happen, it could be the land it sits on. Other possibility is that the spirit could have followed someone home but I don't that is the case in this situation.

Also mentioned by another poster is that of residual haunting. If you can mentioned around what they come and if it's the same time everyday then it could that it's a residual haunting.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
Blackmoonmage,

Here's a link or two... That may help.

Http://www.camelothomes.biz/mobile-homes/index.html

Http://www.jdsmobilehomes.com/

The second link is a good overhead view of a mobile home community.

Hope that helps...

Respectfully,

Rook
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
I think that the little girls died there in your mobile home.
By the way, may I ask what is a mobile home? 😊
Respectfully and sincerely,
Kai
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
I don't know that the girls are necessarily dead. I believe residual "haunts" can be phantom noise, a residual imprint of a particular activity or noise that has taken place over a long period of time at the same location. These girls may have lived and grown up in a trailer on your site and it may just be a residual impression of their very energetic presences that you are detecting. They could be alive and well. I once visited the Red Fort in Agra, from which you can see the Taj Mahal down river. The Taj Mahal is a tomb and it felt like one. No energy or life there at all. The Red Fort had been a royal residence for many centuries and the energy was palpable. It literally crackled with life and I felt as though a royal retinue would appear and come up the ramparts, elephants and all, at any moment. I didn't feel "haunted," just the opposite, really. It felt full of life.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
strwbrryshrtck2012, you have told us that you heard little girls running in the night. If it were possible, can you please tell us the exact time or did you keep any journal about it. You said you heard little girls running when you, your dad, mom and son went for dinner. The timing of the incident, if you can remember and correlate to the timings your heard in the nights the noise of girls running around and if they coincide, then possibly it could be residual haunting. I think that is the only plausible solution. Keep us informed, if you remember.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
An interesting account. Your theory sounds quite plausible. If it's a new mobile home, then I get the impression the spirits may be connected to the site. Would be interesting if you could find out whether there were fatalities at the site when the tornadoes hit.
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Yes it does sound like that is what the problem is. The kids probably are just doing what they always have done. Hopefully it is just a residual haunting. If they try to communicate in any way or move things around, then that is different. I know it can be unnerving and scary though. Tell us more about what is going on.
claireabella (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
i hope you find out what happened and if it was some of the girls that had died in the tornado.
Cloudaotic (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
Thank you kindly for sharing! 😁 It's short, but to the point, mentioning only your incidents. I myself was at a loss for words when you said this was a new caravan, and there couldn't possibly be any spirit attachment in it. But then as you remarked on the tornados things began to fell into place. I would presume, yes, that these young children were killed by the succession of the weather... I suggest you continue asking around, to people who have been living there for a long time. It's strange that the ghosts only come to your caravan, but try asking other people as these young spirits might be running up and down their hallways too. Or perhaps you or your family are just naturally sensitive to spirits? Tell us if you find out anything! ❤ ~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: